ADVERTISEMENT

Zamir White

JMACDE99

Oct 22, 2013
Might have torn ACL again. Not sure which one - man this is game is brutal. Please put him on the shelf for 2 years so he can heal. I hope this is no true but I got it from a good source.

Reactions: Swo_05
Makes me sick to my stomach. Get well #34 you still can realize your dream. Your road just got a little harder.

Hopefully he has a full recovery. Looking forward to watching him in Neyland.

It was his other knee. Buddy of mines kid plays at UGA, players and coaches are sick to their stomach for the kid. Hope he can recover from this.

Trinton Sturdivant was as good a lineman that I watched play in high school.

Played against him. He was a freak-of-a-tackle. Those torn knee ligaments in both knees wiped out that budding career. Hope Zamir can bounce back.

Hoping for a full recovery for him hoping he takes his time and dont rush back you got plenty of eligibility left dont rush it.

The most tragic career ruining injuries are those unfortunate moments when a promising and successful football athletic career is snapped short in the blink of an eye. This situation here is now leaving fans to wonder what White can do once back on the field. I hope the young man will recover very quickly. I understand it is the other knee but I certainly did not feel right about him playing right from the start. I'm not the expert but this was my gut feeling. North Carolina is praying for the best results Zamir. Speedy recovery. God speed.

Zamir is a unique physical specimen, if anyone can bounce back it will be him. Just hate it for him, such a good kid. Brutal

Zamir is a phenomenal athlete! Even as a Richmond fan I enjoyed watching him play! Hope he has a speedy recovery!
Mr. Raidernation,
I welcome you to the best Football Forum there is in North Carolina. While you are on here enjoy the best interactions between all team seasonal fans. Enjoy, have fun, and I will see you in the end zone.

Just because some knuckleheads sold some cleats they suddenly have "everything going on"? The university found out about it and punished them. End of story. Fake news.
Not just that. Fedora's comments about head to head contact and injuries stacked up past two seasons. B-ball school man. 5 stars come from B-ball. Just how we are

Just because some knuckleheads sold some cleats they suddenly have "everything going on"? The university found out about it and punished them. End of story. Fake news.

Fake news? Factual news. Fedora can’t even win in his own state. NC State is racking up most of the talent. Carolina is now taking the second-tier from Florida and Georgia to supplement their team.

Reactions: nepsy7
Not just that. Fedora's comments about head to head contact and injuries stacked up past two seasons. B-ball school man. 5 stars come from B-ball. Just how we are

Fedora's comments about head injuries were spot on. Football isn't the main source of CTE and there is no research that supports that. Rugby is just as violent without helmets and doesn't have that problem so I don't buy it. Football is under attack politically because it is a masculine game and the left wants to find ways to take that away from us because it makes them feel like less of a man because they couldn't cut it. These dumb rules are going to make the game unwatchable and get someone hurt because it is not how the game is meant to be played. These players know the risk they take stepping out onto the field and are perfectly OK with that for the most part. Get your head out of the sand and look at what is going on around you.

Reactions: Doc Holliday-JB
Fake news? Factual news. Fedora can’t even win in his own state. NC State is racking up most of the talent. Carolina is now taking the second-tier from Florida and Georgia to supplement their team.

Fedora was winning his own state before last year pal. He had about 16 guys go down for the season and had a bad year because of it. He lost a lot of guys to graduation or the NFL the previous year too. Look at the offensive players he lost in Trubisky, Hood, Logan, Hollins, Switzer, etc. Anyone would have had a bad year losing that many great players and having a touch of bad luck with injuries. They have lost the state this year in recruiting due to the 3-9 record they had because of these circumstances. They will get NC players to stay home where they belong. Don't jump ship yet.

Fedora's comments about head injuries were spot on. Football isn't the main source of CTE and there is no research that supports that. Rugby is just as violent without helmets and doesn't have that problem so I don't buy it. Football is under attack politically because it is a masculine game and the left wants to find ways to take that away from us because it makes them feel like less of a man because they couldn't cut it. These dumb rules are going to make the game unwatchable and get someone hurt because it is not how the game is meant to be played. These players know the risk they take stepping out onto the field and are perfectly OK with that for the most part. Get your head out of the sand and look at what is going on around you.
WTF are you talking about the left. I'm on the left and i love football, played it in college and my 14 year old just got his first burn as a 9th grader on JV tonight at MLB. Keep the politics out of it. There are people on all sides that are for and against football. In regards to rugby have you ever played or watched? They have less concussions because they are taught to tackle with their head behind the runner thus reducing head on head contact and knee to head contact. Football is violent as a MF and if you don't believe in the research you probably don't believe in Global Warming!

I understand that ACLs and knee injuries can not be avoided sometimes. It's just an awful freak accident. I was just thinking could it be because he carried the ball so much in HS and took so many hits that he could be more injury prone now? Also, he was back in full contact in less than 9 months correct? I know these teams have some of the best surgeons in the country on their staffs. But could that be a little early to be back on the field after suffering such a horrible knee injury last season in late November? With all that said prayers going out for the kid hope he can recover and have an amazing career and a good quality of life after the game.

Reactions: PagePirates44
Didn't say if I agreed or disagreed with them or if he was right or wrong. Getting at the fact that he's making our fb program look political, which we're already in the dumps now in fb, adding to that cause with stuff like that.

WTF are you talking about the left. I'm on the left and i love football, played it in college and my 14 year old just got his first burn as a 9th grader on JV tonight at MLB. Keep the politics out of it. There are people on all sides that are for and against football. In regards to rugby have you ever played or watched? They have less concussions because they are taught to tackle with their head behind the runner thus reducing head on head contact and knee to head contact. Football is violent as a MF and if you don't believe in the research you probably don't believe in Global Warming!

No I don't believe in global warming and the fact you do tells me all I need to know about you. You have been brainwashed and there is no need in me continuing this conversation because you don't think with logic.

Reactions: Diddydontplay
No I don't believe in global warming and the fact you do tells me all I need to know about you. You have been brainwashed and there is no need in me continuing this conversation because you don't think with logic.

Leave your politics at Home Ernest T Bass! Or i'm going to make Ms. King take your rock.
promo322437679.jpg

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
Always love the “he carried it too much in high school”. Zamir White averaged a bit over 16 carries per game in his high school career. That is much lower than any top level RB.

The fact is kids are bigger, stronger, and faster than ever. The ligaments are what they are. When you are 225 lbs and have Olympic type 100m speed and stop and start on a dime, you are placing enormous forces on the ligaments. Both tears were “non-contact” meaning no actually contact to the knee, but both were caused by the knee having force applied to it in an awkward position. If he doesn’t take that blind side hit in high school, he likely never tears it the first time. Some things just happen in the course of s football career.

Last edited:
Always love the he “he carried it too much in high school”. Zamir White averaged a bit over 16 carries per game in his high school career. That is much lower than any top level RB.

The fact is kids are bigger, stronger, and faster than ever. The ligaments are what they are. When you are 225 lbs and have Olympic type 100m speed and stop and start on a dime, you are placing enormous forces on the ligaments. Both tears were “non-contact” meaning no actually contact to the knee, but both were caused by the knee having force applied to it in an awkward position. If he doesn’t take that blind side hit in high school, he likely never tears it the first time. Some things just happen in the course of s football career.

I was thinking the same thing. I never thought he was over used. In fact, they were very careful with him. Nothing like Hood or Crouch.

I was thinking the same thing. I never thought he was over used. In fact, they were very careful with him. Nothing like Hood or Crouch.
I thought in the Mallard Creek game last year he was actually under used. Touched the ball I think 12-13 times and had well over 200 total yards. Kid was and is an animal and will bounce back from this.

Fedora's comments about head injuries were spot on. Football isn't the main source of CTE and there is no research that supports that. Rugby is just as violent without helmets and doesn't have that problem so I don't buy it.

The helmet / face mask is the damaging item. Players can fly through and run full speed with no worry. You do not see rugby players taking head shots nor delivering hits with their head like footballers do. Not even s comparison.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT