ADVERTISEMENT

YVC scores.

Does every thread have to turn into a discussion about the problems albemarle is having?

Along with all the problems at Albemarle, youth, inexperience, new coach, new offense, etc. I think last night showed me the main problem is how weak we are. Can't tackle. Defense is very weak. CC laying 48 on us proves my point. If you can't at least slow the other team down you have NO CHANCE.........

Reactions: susancoleman
Congrats to Chatham Central.

All these posts about AHS teams of the past running up the score are tiresome. I'm not aware of a single time an AHS team ran up a score intentionally. AHS had a lot more talent than some of its opponents over the last 20 years and at the HS level that usually results in blowouts. Please correct me if you can point to specific games where AHS was obviously trying to pile on.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, and AHS is taking its lumps. The team will keep a positive attitude and work to improve. That's what winners do when the chips are down. Losers whine about the other team running up the score.

Congratulations to all of the other YVC Teams. Congrats to the Montgomery Teams because this Year ( sort of like last year ) are in a League of Your Own. Usually Albemarle Fans are just having a Conversation among each Other that just happens to show up in every post

Last edited:
Albemarle has an 8th grade team... full of freshman and first timers! If you wanna jump off the wagon, please do it "Head" first with your arms tied behind your back...

5 state titles. But you know what they say, "What about now", not the past. We'll see next year...and there will be a next year.

West will lose to east
I seen East play @ Albemarle last Friday. Their bread and butter is McKinney off tackle to the left and right. West will be ready. I have ALOT of friends from the east side. Damn good people but some of the chants I heard in the bleachers were ridiculous. All their doing is talking and hyping these young men that if and when they lose they will be crushed. This is my observation and I'll leave it at that........

You know how that crowd rolls.... they get a decent team every 10 years or so and that's pretty much all they have going for them. That's one of the main reasons the contingent to block the central high school is in full swing. I hope they come to town high and mighty and get crushed. As far as bulldog nation and sway go... enjoy your season.

Everybody gets caught up in the East-West rivalry for good reason! They are the class of the YVC! But personally I dont see either team getting past the 2nd round of the playoffs. East seems to be better on paper than anybody else and West is down this year because of the loss of so many to graduation. You can be the top 2 in this conference and still not be very good. Besides, winning the YVC is never the ultimate goal! Anybody know when Albemarle plays South Davidson? That should be a Battle Royale!

Everybody gets caught up in the East-West rivalry for good reason! They are the class of the YVC! But personally I dont see either team getting past the 2nd round of the playoffs. East seems to be better on paper than anybody else and West is down this year because of the loss of so many to graduation. You can be the top 2 in this conference and still not be very good. Besides, winning the YVC is never the ultimate goal! Anybody know when Albemarle plays South Davidson? That should be a Battle Royale!
EaglesGrad are you a fan of the Eagles or not? It's hard to tell.

People in the YVC or surrounding area can't talk about Albemarle. We won 4 championships in the last decade and 1 in this one....win won and then holla! Until then... shut up!!

EaglesGrad are you a fan of the Eagles or not? It's hard to tell.
EM BLUE I'm sold on East after last week. I'm always at the East games but never say much since I don't have a dog in the fight. I just feel like there is always room for improvement. Maybe I do sound harsh towards my Eagles but I will always be a fan! I also think they give West Montgomery a fit this year! Eddings will be scratching his head and wondering what happened after our guys get through! Watts is a much better QB than Dozier anyway from what I've heard.

No doubt Watts is a better QB. He can flat out put it on the money. Should of had 7 TD passes last night. With 3 drops he ended up with 4.

After Capel and Drake you have to understand the expectations fans have for the WM QB. Your QB has nothing close for you to try and measure him by in recent years. Openly bashing WM kids on a message board is risky business. Carry on.

After Capel and Drake you have to understand the expectations fans have for the WM QB. Your QB has nothing close for you to try and measure him by in recent years. Openly bashing WM kids on a message board is risky business. Carry on.
Nobody is bashing anybody here. It's all opinion. My opinion is Colby Maynard would have fit much better at West than East, but that's water under the bridge now.

Maynard was very similar to past WM QBs. Maybe I should of said, in my opinion watts is the better QB. But it's quite obvious he is one heck of a QB. It wouldn't be necessary to have had QBs better or equivalent at EM in the past to make this observation. When I said he can put it on the money...he can put it on the money! While I'm chirping(BD I know you like that) people better wake up and realize that this O-line ain't no joke. Very special group there that does an outstanding job in pass protection and the run game.

Reactions: EaglesGrad93
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT