ADVERTISEMENT

YVC scores.

Guess I'll have to get my scores from David Morgan on Facebook. He does a good job. Also from the local radio station although they are slow to report. My connection is not at the game......

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
I heard a report 22-7 Chathem Central early in the 2nd quarter. Going to be a long night Bulldog fans.

The should have snuck some of the middle school kids 8! I heard they were bigger than our varsity!

West Montgomery plays a little bit of the game tonite and wins 32-6 over North Moore. NM very stingy with the ball and defense came to play.

Back in the late 70s and early 80s those 0-10 Teams where playing 3A Schools. But Back then Albemarle had over 900 Students. Anyway it shouldn't be Fun for Anybody ( fan or not ) to watch this Team go 0-11

Im going to go ahead and put it out there. I read alot of these posts but never comment. If a team can force Jackson Dozier to pass then you can beat West Montgomery. I know if the Coaches at East Mont would have played him differently last year then we would have been YVC Champs! (Not that being Champs in a very weak division means anything) I do believe that the Coaching Staff on the East Side have made strides with the guys over the last couple of seasons! They might take it all being its their last year in 1A! West Montgomery will be the only obstacle and i think our guys will be more than ready this year!

Reactions: black elk
At least our middle school beat North by 13. And our youth league is winning. What a joke our athletic program has became. I am embarrassed.

Im going to go ahead and put it out there. I read alot of these posts but never comment. If a team can force Jackson Dozier to pass then you can beat West Montgomery. I know if the Coaches at East Mont would have played him differently last year then we would have been YVC Champs! (Not that being Champs in a very weak division means anything) I do believe that the Coaching Staff on the East Side have made strides with the guys over the last couple of seasons! They might take it all being its their last year in 1A! West Montgomery will be the only obstacle and i think our guys will be more than ready this year!
Was only listening to the game on the radio, but I believe passing and good defensive play in the second half is what won the game for West. I think Dozier may own a good bit of the passing records at West also.

For once I agree with you Susan. I doubt this varsity team could beat the 8th grade team at the middle school. Our defense is non existation. I was told they were afraid to tackle and that is sad. This season is over. Next year is our only hope. Not sure what that means. We shall see.....

For once I agree with you Susan. I doubt this varsity team could beat the 8th grade team at the middle school. Our defense is non existation. I was told they were afraid to tackle and that is sad. This season is over. Next year is our only hope. Not sure what that means. We shall see.....
I hope @Buddy Rich. I don't know if I can handle anymore. I never thought I would see a loss to CC. Much less getting killed by CC.

You better

Well, from 2001 to 2015 Albemarle ran up the score on CC. I remember once Albemarle once beat CC 84-0. Nice to see the tables turn even if it is only one game.

Wrong team Albemarle beat SD 83-0 and they were taking delay of game penalties in the 4th quarter.

Back in the late 70s and early 80s those 0-10 Teams where playing 3A Schools. But Back then Albemarle had over 900 Students. Anyway it shouldn't be Fun for Anybody ( fan or not ) to watch this Team go 0-11

They have some pieces offensively. A strong core that they have to keep together. Offensively they have a great all around athlete that can do about anything, 2 rb that run hard and physical, a quarterback that can sling it just needs to learn the position and 2 wr.

I did notice tonight that anytime we ran between the tackles it was positive (unless we fumbled), the qb had a great pass that was for about 20-25 yds and he actually had another one that hit the receivers hands as he was in the air. The line needs to get stronger but had a couple of plays that when the qb was passing seem to have held up but definitely could be improved.

The biggest thing I noticed is that we don't have or atleast it seemed that we didn't have a stand alone qb etc it was more position by committee and for a young team on top of learning a complex offense is really tough.

Defensively we have to get stronger the big plays we gave up the kid was hit atleast 2-3 times before breaking away and once he hit the outside he was gone.

Just my 2 cents. Get these kids into positions that they can learn rely on your playmakers move your high level playmaker around get stronger and in the next year or two build around your core which we have kids coming up that are fully capable of that and you have a very very good team.

It's going to take time folks. The players are there IMO just need to get them into the right positions to be successful teach them, get them stronger, and these boys will be fine. It's a year or two away.

When you get rolled by Chatham Central... on the field. It's time to call it. I hate it for the kids who are playing this year. Sway... give it up. Worst team in YVC history is in Stanly County.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT