ADVERTISEMENT

YVC Score Updates - Week 2

You keep mentioning Steinbach. Are you referring to Stanback. smh.
Meant to mention Concord is an outstanding team with outstanding coaching. Believe me guys the score could have been much, much worse. He called off the dogs early and we also had a running clock. We just can't hang with a 3A school with all our injuries and other issues. I counted 10 guys out tonight, most of them starters. Still I am very concerned about our defense.
The game was about what I figured.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
The worst refs in history are always the ones working the current game.
4 No Calls for Horse collar tackles and about 6 penalties that were waved off? And that was just the first half!! The Refs did better in the 3rd but got their second wind in the 4th! I seriously believe the other half of the split the pot raffle went to them!

I need some WM fans take on WS. We have them next week and we have problems galore.

Good win. WM went into hostile territory (and I mean really hostile, a bush league kind of hostile with what they had to deal with) cranking on about 3 cylinders and walks away with a 20 point win. Yes, shouldn't have been that close, but it is what it is and we can move on.

Reactions: Buzzard15
Just got back home from the game. If those officials have the cards to officiate another game it's sad.
From the standpoint of a non partisan I willl say thats some bs

4 No Calls for Horse collar tackles and about 6 penalties that were waved off? And that was just the first half!! The Refs did better in the 3rd but got their second wind in the 4th! I seriously believe the other half of the split the pot raffle went to them!
Seen that in youth ball and middle school as well. It's really bad when you go over there. Almost intentional in my opinion.

Those officials were horrible. I don't believe I have ever heard that much booing at a game. They definitely wasn't on West Montgomery's side. Time to move on to the next one

Congrats on your team's win EM91. No doubt, no doubt. Glad to get out of there. You can see them at the third grade games tomorrow too, particularly the white hat. I really enjoyed the play where the ball was snapped, fumbled, and recovered by WM and they reset the ball and pretended it didn't happen. That was a classic that I have never seen before at any level and will probably never see again. And West Stanly scored on the next play. Our guys must have been dumbfounded too.

To my Albemarle faithful, you...have...no...idea.

I'm telling you it's not going to work. Period. Stay optimistic if you'd like, Lord knows I have.

Expect a loss next week.

EM91 get over it. You have no chance at throwing WM under the bus..Accept the fact that you and your little group will never be better. If you want to discuss this.... we can. And you do not want to talk about the arrests, cover up and when the team was on probation.

The calls were against WM??? It was horrible both ways! WM had multiple flags against them waved off, not WS. Example: WM caught the edge and scored but got a holding call, the white hat waved it off. Both teams had multiple drives that were 1st and 20+. The real problem is that everyone went into this game thinking that West Stanly was going to get beat by 50, as one genius stated a few hours ago, and that was not the case. All in all, it was a very good game. That last TD with about 1:45 left in the game made it look more one sided than it was. WS won't play many teams that good all year.

Reactions: atucker2 and Ladge
My take on the game tonight. When we get our running backs back we will be fine on offense. The defense is another story. Absolutley no cornerbacks or linebackers. We are in real trouble on defense. Concord seem to score at will with their first string. We cannot stop the sweep or a good passing qb. The coaches have to work on the defenses big time.
OK somebody answer me this. Why is coach Smith on top of the press box the whole game. Is there a reason for this, please tell me. I just don't get it.
We could easily lose to WS next week. If fact I think we'll be 0-3 after next week.
We may struggle to play 500 ball this season, unless our defense improves.
However hats off to the kids for playing hard with all the starters out. Good effort.
I kinda dread next week.
We had a decent running game tonight. We have plenty of Running Backs who know how to hit the hole. I was impressed with Our Quarterback this week. He can run and pass

Yes it was that bad. Like I said, I was glad to get out of there and happy with the win. I was actually pleased with how well the guys played after the 1st quarter. I don't care if it was by 20 or 50. As Buzzard mentioned earlier we had several out, so I was not expecting to win by 50.The person who predicted it would be 55-0 was an Albemarle fan. But that was just awful. I'll make sure to look at that penalty stat line when it comes out so I can see how equally terrible it was both ways and that will make me feel better. The two flags I recall that were waved off was a pass interference call where the ball was 10 yards over the head of a receiver and a holding call on a lineman who pancaked his guy 10 yards downfield. Neither were penalties and those flags should have never been thrown in the first place. Maybe it was so obvious that they were throwing so many flags on just WM that they felt guilty and were trying to not be so obvious? And I'll bet my house and everything I own that had it not been so terribly obvious, WM would have taken a knee at the end instead of sticking it in for a score. I've seen coach do that out of respect on numerous occasions when it was warranted. Not so on this night.

Last edited:
We had a decent running game tonight. We have plenty of Running Backs who know how to hit the hole. I was impressed with Our Quarterback this week. He can run and pass

Follower I was impressed with his toughness. That TD he scored I have no idea how he got in there as he went between the two monsters they had on the line. It was a heck of a run. I also liked #22. Also #23 hats off to him. He has not practiced at RB until this week and correct me if I am wrong but I believe he has played about 4 different positions on both sides. I believe they also put him up on the line. I love players who are willing to do whatever it takes. Our QB did show a lot of improvements from last week.

I'm not sure what the result will be this week. I know if we are missing 5 main key players it will be very tough to win. But I am not losing faith in them just yet. I can see this offense is difficult and Coach Smith came in late. So I think we need to give them a couple of more weeks and see where we are at.

I will say they need to take some time and work with our kicker and our def. Defense wins championships, if you can get a stop you can't win.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
EM91 get over it. You have no chance at throwing WM under the bus..Accept the fact that you and your little group will never be better. If you want to discuss this.... we can. And you do not want to talk about the arrests, cover up and when the team was on probation.
Why are you even talking to me? There was no comment directed toward you. Here is a quote for you, "Houston we have a problem." You getting ready to bite off more than you can chew, I suggest you back off of me, your a little too old to be creating any kind of a confrontation.

WM had 13 penalties for 125 yds and the home team WS had 11 penalties for 95 yds. Wow the way some are crying you would think WM had twice as many.

I've been in your shoes Foot and know where you are coming from. I'm usually all over the refs at a game but you know something. In our first 2 games I hardly knew the refs were out there. Great refs. I'm sure this will change in time but it is so nice when the refs do their job and have no influence in the out come of the game. It is rare but it does happen.

Thanks for the comments Buddy. I stand by what I said as far as the officiating regardless of anyone else's opinion. And if someone is going to call me out by name and say I said something, they need to make sure I said it. I got it off my chest now. :)

Gotta say as an ER guy I was floored by that score. I can't imagine the ER defense being that bad. EM must be vastly improved. Congrats to you guys.
Thanks a lot. Our O line is really working well together. We have a long ways to go but it was a good win for us. ER jv team is pretty good, they stomped us Thursday night. Good luck rest of season.

WM had 13 penalties for 125 yds and the home team WS had 11 penalties for 95 yds. Wow the way some are crying you would think WM had twice as many.
Its like this, if theres a penalty by all means throw the flag! Thats the job! But dont call a Pancake Block a Hold! Dont call Pass Interference on an uncatchable ball! Dont throw flags and pick them up and wave them off! I dont think WM was getting picked on but I am convinced that those Refs were horrible! Now, the Refs we had during the Jordan Matthews game were pretty good. You never really knew they were there for either team. They didnt involve themselves in the game unless there was a real penalty. They let the guys play and it was a great game!

Why are you even talking to me? There was no comment directed toward you. Here is a quote for you, "Houston we have a problem." You getting ready to bite off more than you can chew, I suggest you back off of me, your a little too old to be creating any kind of a confrontation.

Spoken like a true eagle..... Grow up. And I'm not backing off of anything. Never have, never will. You know where to find me.

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
Spoken like a true eagle..... Grow up. And I'm not backing off of anything. Never have, never will. You know where to find me.
As far as I'm concerned this is the last time I'm going to waste my breathe with you. I get on here to post how EM is doing and check out info for other teams in the YVC. I'm done going back and forth with a washed up journalist that hides behind multiple user names. Everybody knows who you are and could care less about what you have to say. I haven't seen you bring anything informative to the table yet. If you have as much knowledge as one would think you should have, then be informative instead of bashing one side of the county. If you can't do that then just pull for your team. As far as knowing where to find you, I could care less. You know where to find me too. I'm done with you, not wasting my time anymore. Have a good day.

Reactions: justanotherfan46
As far as I'm concerned this is the last time I'm going to waste my breathe with you. I get on here to post how EM is doing and check out info for other teams in the YVC. I'm done going back and forth with a washed up journalist that hides behind multiple user names. Everybody knows who you are and could care less about what you have to say. I haven't seen you bring anything informative to the table yet. If you have as much knowledge as one would think you should have, then be informative instead of bashing one side of the county. If you can't do that then just pull for your team. As far as knowing where to find you, I could care less. You know where to find me too. I'm done with you, not wasting my time anymore. Have a good day.

Dude, relax.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT