ADVERTISEMENT

YVC represented well in Carolina Preps preseason poll

I made a comment and think I PO'ed one of the WM faithful. WM will be young and will have a lot to prove. Like any ranking it is worth about what the sheet of paper is that it is printed on. It is fun to talk about but some people go way overboard with it. The proving ground starts in August and ends in December for the lucky few.

I believe that East Surry and our 2-A neighbor West Stokes scrimmage at East Montgomery on August 10. West Montgomery and North Stanley are also in that scrimmage. I know my Cardinals lost a bunch of good players. Mt. Airy should be the favorite this year in the NW 1-A Conference.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
I was surprised with the omission of Cherokee. They will give teams fits this year and probably should be top 15. They have arguably the best athlete in the SMC and probably could beat most in the YVC. Just how I see it.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
What are Yall expecting out of Robbinsville. They have had a good run. East Montgomery reminds Me of some of the past Albemarle Teams. West has Coach Eddins so who can say that They could finish Third in the Conference. North Stanly should build on Their Running game.

East Montgomery should be the favorite in 1AA.... they are a power house team. Hell, WM should just not show up for the game. All that talent, 2A size and a strong football tradition. WM finishes 5th or 6th this year. At best.

East Montgomery lost just about 90% of their offense. The defense is intact but offensively there aren't gonna be as dynamic as last year. The only major playmaker they have coming back is number #24. A lot of the young guys on offense are gonna have to step up. Defense should be solid. But they are gonna take a dip this season. The talented senior class hid a lot the miscues last year. They should beat East Surry by a few scores last year but poor execution and not taking avdvatnge of attack East Surrys weak spots cost them. I agree Cherookee probably could give EM,WM,NS and the rest of the YVC fits and probably win the title.

Last edited:
It was a lot closer than score says.
Correct, my details could be a little off , but E.Surry had approximately 4th and 10 from the EM 30 with about 2:30 left in game up 7 . They score on the 4th down play and then return a fumble for a TD on EM's next play. E. Surry was a little better , but not 21 points better.

Reactions: Wareagle2016
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT