Feb 21, 2014
Albemarle Tops Uwharrie Charter tonight 61-41
North Moore tops South Davidson 60-47

North Rowan tops North Stanly 61-39
Graystone tops South Stanly 41-17

Wednesday Conf Semi Finals

Graystone vs North Rowan at 4
Albemarle vs North Moore at 7

Winners play Friday at 6 in the championship.

Tomorrow night YVC Semi-Finals schedule at South Davidson HS

4:00pm 2) Graystone vs 3) North Rowan

5:30pm 2) South Stanly Boys vs 6) Uwharrie Charter Boys

7:00pm 1) Albemarle Girls vs 5) North Moore Girls

8:30pm 1) North Rowan Boys vs 4) North Stanly Boys

Will North Stanly get the 3 seed in the state tournament since they advanced further than Albemarle in the conf. tournament (boys)? They where tied in the conference going into the tournament.....usually ties are broken for the state tournament by who goes further in the conf. tournament. Thanks for the help!!

Will North Stanly get the 3 seed in the state tournament since they advanced further than Albemarle in the conf. tournament (boys)? They where tied in the conference going into the tournament.....usually ties are broken for the state tournament by who goes further in the conf. tournament. Thanks for the help!!
No Albemarle won the head to head beating North Stanly twice. So there is no tie.

With that being said if North Stanly wins the conference tournament I believe they would move to the #2 seed out of the conference and move South Stanly and Albemarle down.

With that being said if North Stanly wins the conference tournament I believe they would move to the #2 seed out of the conference and move South Stanly and Albemarle down.
I seen central cabarrus's girls 10 game winning streak ended in conference tournament last night by northwest cabarrus we were the last team to beat them before that in Christmas tournament championship. Did Cox mill play northwest?

I seen central cabarrus's girls 10 game winning streak ended in conference tournament last night by northwest cabarrus we were the last team to beat them before that in Christmas tournament championship. Did Cox mill play northwest?
Albemarle north Rowan championship my prediction in girls.

Yea cox mill beat them by 17. North Rowan lost to Northwest by 2

North Moore put up a fight. But I mean trying to make sure they get into playoffs. I'm sure you can applaud a good effort right bulldog?
North Moore played one hell of a game. Applaud their coaching staff and players. North Rowan is a tough squad man like I said a team you can’t sleep on. My guess is it will be a packed gym and they will bring it.

North Moore played one hell of a game. Applaud their coaching staff and players. North Rowan is a tough squad man like I said a team you can’t sleep on. My guess is it will be a packed gym and they will bring it.
Love this time of year. Avery not played in 16 days. Playing a tough Mitchell team. Hopefully they can pull through.

Yeah this time of year conference tournament each teams gives alittle bit more
That is so true. Play lot of desperate teams fighting to get in playoffs. Or seeding purposes. Plus teams seeing each other for the 3rd time that season. And the losing teams are tired of getting beat

That is so true. Play lot of desperate teams fighting to get in playoffs. Or seeding purposes. Plus teams seeing each other for the 3rd time that season. And the losing teams are tired of getting beat
Your Albemarle girls need that win tomorrow night cause I like your draw in the playoff projections. I honestly think you will not be challenged til the 3rd round against union academy. But watching highlights of both teams. Albemarle has played way more inferior opponets. And I think your experience will get you to the 4th round at least

Your Albemarle girls need that win tomorrow night cause I like your draw in the playoff projections. I honestly think you will not be challenged til the 3rd round against union academy. But watching highlights of both teams. Albemarle has played way more inferior opponets. And I think your experience will get you to the 4th round at least
I honestly think if you play a 2 3 zone against east Surry and they miss outside shots. You have a chance against es Albemarle would be undersized in that game but that type of zone would make sutphin and company have to make outside shots. Plus albemarles guards can match the talent of east surrys guards. Team speeds are the same as well. I give you a chance if that game happens. East Surry is expected to win. But sutphin is only one with a lot of playoff experience. So anything can happen

I honestly think if you play a 2 3 zone against east Surry and they miss outside shots. You have a chance against es Albemarle would be undersized in that game but that type of zone would make sutphin and company have to make outside shots. Plus albemarles guards can match the talent of east surrys guards. Team speeds are the same as well. I give you a chance if that game happens. East Surry is expected to win. But sutphin is only one with a lot of playoff experience. So anything can happen
Avery can't overlook other games before ma or they will have an early exit. More than likely Avery will have a tough second round game against Mitchell for the 4th time. That is a brutal 2nd round game for a 2 seed. But I know speaking with the girls that they want to avenge that loss to ma two years ago in final four. They want to be the team to knock them out. As much as I would like to see that game happen. Be careful what you wish for. Easier said than done. But I give those girls credit cause that game has stayed with them for 2 years and they want to play the best regardless of outcome

We have already played ES at our jamboree right before the season kicked off. We know them pretty well they are a good team to beat them you have to bring your A game.

Can’t run a 2-3 zone against players that are 6’3 and give up 7” lol. Easy high low action and nothing you can do about it. ES just doesn’t have sutpin over 6’ they have another big that compliments her well.

Can’t run a 2-3 zone against players that are 6’3 and give up 7” lol. Easy high low action and nothing you can do about it. ES just doesn’t have sutpin over 6’ they have another big that compliments her well.
Idk worked really well against big teams when I was in high school. Bigs had hard time getting in the paint. But I had old school coach the game has changed since then

Idk worked really well against big teams when I was in high school. Bigs had hard time getting in the paint. But I had old school coach the game has changed since then
Not being disrespectful or anything but how do you guard those big players man to man

Boys final: North Rowan 66 South Stanly 65
I just want to say this. It was a awesome atmosphere tonight. All fans players cheerleaders were awesome. That’s what a high school environment is suppose to be like!!! North Rowan congrats to both of your teams on a great season and good luck into the playoffs

Reactions: NRgrad04
I just want to say this. It was a awesome atmosphere tonight. All fans players cheerleaders were awesome. That’s what a high school environment is suppose to be like!!! North Rowan congrats to both of your teams on a great season and good luck into the playoffs
Sorry bout your loss bulldog. If it makes you feel any better we got whipped by 14. This will fire Albemarle up believe me. Union academy lost as well. Hard fought games. I like albemarles chances of making a deep run

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT