ADVERTISEMENT

YVC 2015

WMPride05

Jul 14, 2015
Alright. Let's try this again lol. Any predictions/thoughts/ideas are welcome here. The conference will have so many new coaches that I have literally lost count. Anybody heard anything from Wadeville lately???? Foot, Spud4????????

Fair enough. Here is my predicted finish:

1. West Montgomery
2. Albemarle
3. East Montgomery
4. North Stanly
Everyone else

Is the NS kid really going to Anson? That would have some bearing on the predictions.

Last edited:
Reactions: WMPride05
Tone it down guys..... seriously. Let the team speak for themselves. No need for cheesy nicknames. The more talk only fuels the fire for other teams. That's damn near embarrassing to the program.

Reactions: WMPride05
From what I've heard everything should be ok .. The Cash kid was moving to the dl to help replace Goins and Thompson with Ellis seeing some 2way tine as well. Linebackers should be solid again but don't know if they've found a viable replacement for Drake or not. Who knows about Williams at Anson or not. Don't know which way the wind is blowing.

Fair enough. Here is my predicted finish:

1. West Montgomery
2. Albemarle
3. East Montgomery
4. North Stanly
Everyone else

Is the NS kid really going to Anson? That would have some bearing on the predictions.
OK Foot you and I both know that the YVC title is WM to lose. Lots of new coaches in their first year my Dogs included. We could come out like gangbusters or lay a big egg. I honestly have no idea how good Albemarle will be. Anytime with a new coach and I hear a new system it takes time, time and more time. I think the kids will play hard and that's all you can ask. See you in October.
Williams is staying at NS.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
1. WM
2. Alb
3. EM
4. NM
5. NS
6. UA
7. SS
8. CC
9. SD

Last edited:
Staying at NS, wonder why he changed his mind? Didn't grade-pro say he called a team meeting to announce his move to Anson? Guess he needs to stay here and try and build on those numbers.

Staying at NS, wonder why he changed his mind? Didn't grade-pro say he called a team meeting to announce his move to Anson? Guess he needs to stay here and try and build on those numbers.

@spudfour you profile pic is offensive......

Anyway, he stayed because the NS coaches cried a river for him to stay.....

Crud, I forgot about NM. I could see NM in a strong battle with EM and NS for that 3rd spot. Going to be fun to watch this year. But I still think ALB and WM are the teams to beat.

I'll be surprised if the kid makes it out of Stanly County. His ego, handlers, entourage etc..... are enough red flags to lend one to believe he is his own priority. Not to mention he wasn't even the Offensive POY in the YVC. Oh, congrats on the hiring of the new coach at AHS. Best of luck to him. He for sure has a tough job ahead of him. Hopefully the incoming class of transfers can help out. Too bad you guys swung and whiffed on convincing Williams to join the Bulldogs. Guess that envelope was a little too light!! LOL!!

Offensive , maybe, but when I saw it on the Internet ,I laughed my but off.

North Moore is gonna be very interesting this year IMO. McCrimmon is really really good at qb. I wonder if he's getting any offers????

McCrimmon back at QB for North Moore will lead a potent offense, provided offensive lineman have hit the weight room throughout the winter down in Robbins. A strong stable of running backs also return, along with almost all defensive positions. Some key losses at receiver positions will be the interesting areas for improvement. What is most curious is how little "news" is coming out of Robbins on the coming year. They know they can't sneak up on too many people this year, so most fans down there are curious to see what will hit the field in August. The only consensus I've heard is that they really feel they can fight their way into a top three position. Coaching staff does a first rate job of "learning and adjusting" from year to year and has steadily built respect back into the program. My top five in the YVC looks like this:
1. West Montgomery (solid)
2. Albemarle (by name only...will the strange off-season news events affect them negatively?)
3. North Moore (could be up one or down one...all depends on DEFENSE)
4. East Montgomery (Can first year coach do this?)
5. North Stanly (pissed off a good chunk of the conference last year)

The Talk of Albemarle started before Basketball season and the Team won more games than in a long time. Albemarle is passed about not going to the playoffs last year. This Team Wil be tough

Reactions: sway1532
Look for North Stanly to have Cam Davis to run the Football this year. Antonio will not get the carries He did last year. West Montgomery will have a great year

Any word on the upcoming Jamborees????? Where's everybody going this year???? I know EM will have theirs in Biscoe this year and that's all I really know. Feel free to post folks.......

Any idea where WM will be at this year???? Foot, Spud4??????? Bulldogfollower/nation, sway how about you guys???

I'm not sure where Albemarle will be at this year. We always held a Jamboree in mid-august. With the new coach, I can only keep my ears open. Did Albemarle have a 7 on 7 against Anson a few weeks ago, anybody know....?

Alright. Let's try this again lol. Any predictions/thoughts/ideas are welcome here. The conference will have so many new coaches that I have literally lost count. Anybody heard anything from Wadeville lately???? Foot, Spud4????????

This is my opinion but this is the way I see things shaking out this year::

WM will be class of the conference but those kids better understand they have a target on their backs! Everybody is gunning for them! I guess we will find out how good they are against the non-conference teams like Thomasville and Jordan-Mathews.

NS will be Ok being the Coach was there in some respect last year. If they would have sat Williams down last year then they may have faired better against WM. The other kid was doing great!

NM will win more games than they did last year. They may sneak up and have a great season!

EM has found a Coaching staff that may work! Those Coaches have the guys believing in what they are selling! They are still a few years behind but they are headed in the right direction! I wouldn't be surprised if the East-West game wasn't for the Conference Title this year!

Alb - I know nothing about them this season. I wasn't even sure they would have a team.

SD and CC will fight for last again I'm afraid. Last year I saw some heart at Chatham! Some of those guys really took it serious but they were very young! Maybe SD will put something together.

EM is not a threat to Albemarle, North Stanly, North Moore at all..... As far as playing West...... come on. You guys are not the team from the past. Half your team won't show up until school starts, half will quit, half will listen to the "booster's club" telling them what to say to the coach. Wonder why you guys are where you are today? Read the paper.

EM is not a threat to Albemarle, North Stanly, North Moore at all..... As far as playing West...... come on. You guys are not the team from the past. Half your team won't show up until school starts, half will quit, half will listen to the "booster's club" telling them what to say to the coach. Wonder why you guys are where you are today? Read the paper.
Not sure who you think my team is but my sons team has been there all summer! And he don't play in powder blue!

Reactions: spudfour
Albemarle will have their jamboree the Saturday before the first game. Latin and Salisbury will once again come to Albemarle. Been hearing a lot of good things about this team, I am just excited for the lights to come on.

This is my opinion but this is the way I see things shaking out this year::

WM will be class of the conference but those kids better understand they have a target on their backs! Everybody is gunning for them! I guess we will find out how good they are against the non-conference teams like Thomasville and Jordan-Mathews.

NS will be Ok being the Coach was there in some respect last year. If they would have sat Williams down last year then they may have faired better against WM. The other kid was doing great!

NM will win more games than they did last year. They may sneak up and have a great season!

EM has found a Coaching staff that may work! Those Coaches have the guys believing in what they are selling! They are still a few years behind but they are headed in the right direction! I wouldn't be surprised if the East-West game wasn't for the Conference Title this year!

Alb - I know nothing about them this season. I wasn't even sure they would have a team.

SD and CC will fight for last again I'm afraid. Last year I saw some heart at Chatham! Some of those guys really took it serious but they were very young! Maybe SD will put something together.

South Stanly plays Eastern Randolph in Their 3rd or 4th game

Not sure what SS looks like this year. That look to have a lot of experience. Eastern Randolph only has 23 on the roster according to max prep and SS has 29. Should be a good game. I'll give SS the edge. ER is more of a wrestling school from what I remember.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT