ADVERTISEMENT

Your top 3 Toughest scheduled opponents this fall.

Darkhorse04

Dec 5, 2006
With all due respect to all the great teams we have on our schedule these are my top 3 teams in terms of difficulty, all away games too.

1. @WRH
2. @St. Pauls
3. @NS-Jax

Honorable Mention:
Midway (Their QB can ball)

Games I worry about:

Jacksonville
Rose
WRH

And I would have to add ED anywhere in there also

Reactions: UNC91
Robbinsville (375)
Vs Asheville
At Mtn Heritage
At Brevard
At Murphy
I know it's four but I couldn't pick 3

Reactions: tarheel fan1
The Page @ Reidsville match up will be very interesting.

Yes, it will be. Reidsville has been wanting a Page or Dudley match up for a while. Glad to finally get them on the schedule, feels like we've played everyone else in Guilford county.

this oldtimer remembers when Dudley was in the same 4A conf. with Reidsville in the 1980's..the schools have actually played each other 10 times since 1969...first in 1975 and the last in 1988....Reidsville has won 4 times and Dudley 6 tines:

1975....Reidsville 18 Dudley 0
1976....Dudley 16 Reidsville 15
1979....Dudley 7 Reidsville 0
1980....Reidsville 12 Dudley 6
1981....Dudley 31 Reidsville 6
1982....Reidsville 15 Dudley 13
1985....Dudley 28 Reidsville 8
1986....Dudley 19 Reidsville 6
1987....Reidsville 22 Dudley 7
1988....Dudley 14 Reidsville 7

this oldtimer remembers when Dudley was in the same 4A conf. with Reidsville in the 1980's..the schools have actually played each other 10 times since 1969...first in 1975 and the last in 1988....Reidsville has won 4 times and Dudley 6 tines:

1975....Reidsville 18 Dudley 0
1976....Dudley 16 Reidsville 15
1979....Dudley 7 Reidsville 0
1980....Reidsville 12 Dudley 6
1981....Dudley 31 Reidsville 6
1982....Reidsville 15 Dudley 13
1985....Dudley 28 Reidsville 8
1986....Dudley 19 Reidsville 6
1987....Reidsville 22 Dudley 7
1988....Dudley 14 Reidsville 7

That's crazy we haven't played since 1988. Would easily be Reidsville biggest rival and a huge gate.

For our three local 2A Schools:

CHASE:

Mountain Heritage
Hendersonville
R-S Central/Brevard

East Rutherford:

Hendersonville
Brevard
R-S Central/CHASE (I don't know much about Tuscola this year to know if they should fit in that top-3 or not)

R-S Central:

Hendersonville
South Point
Brevard/CHASE

For James Kenan
@Kinston
@Southwest
Wallace Rose Hill
I got a feeling that East Duplin might be better than all three.

Yes, it will be. Reidsville has been wanting a Page or Dudley match up for a while. Glad to finally get them on the schedule, feels like we've played everyone else in Guilford county.
funny how they finally schedule each other when Page is on a downswing. It most likely has alot to do with Coach Robertson's ties with Reidsville. Also, the old school of thinking was that Page wouldn't see much benefit from scheduling a 1A/2A opponent. If you win, as a 4A school, it's because you should have, if you lose its an embarrassment because, you know of the "you can't beat us, and you have over 1000 more students than us" argument. But with Reidsville being such a quality opponent, it doesn't really matter much. And with Page in rebuilding mode after the new coaching hire bringing in Robertson, it's nice to put some new teams on the schedule and start fresh with the young guns. Page has a lot of young promising looking talent.

Last edited:
funny how they finally schedule each other when Page is on a downswing. It most likely has alot to do with Coach Robertson's ties with Reidsville. Also, the old school of thinking was that Page wouldn't see much benefit from scheduling a 1A/2A opponent. If you win, as a 4A school, it's because you should have, if you lose its an embarrassment because, you know of the "you can't beat us, and you have over 1000 more students than us" argument. But with Reidsville being such a quality opponent, it doesn't really matter much. And with Page in rebuilding mode after the new coaching hire bringing in Robertson, it's nice to put some new teams on the schedule and start fresh with the young guns. Page has a lot of young promising looking talent.

I don't think Reidsville fans ever use the excuse of the more students. Even when we were playing Northwest Guilford, they were, I'm guessing still are the largest 4a team in the county. We know depth factor could play a role in going against 4a teams. But I consider us a Gonzaga type team. Reidsville is very young this season, so won't be the veteran team of the last 2 years. Yeah, I don't think either was necessarily ducking the game. Page seen more benefit in playing other games, coach rob respects us more than previous regiments I'm sure. I do think it would have been nice to have had the game at least once in the 2000's, so its good its finally happening.

Reactions: PagePirates44
I don't think Reidsville fans ever use the excuse of the more students. Even when we were playing Northwest Guilford, they were, I'm guessing still are the largest 4a team in the county. We know depth factor could play a role in going against 4a teams. But I consider us a Gonzaga type team. Reidsville is very young this season, so won't be the veteran team of the last 2 years. Yeah, I don't think either was necessarily ducking the game. Page seen more benefit in playing other games, coach rob respects us more than previous regiments I'm sure. I do think it would have been nice to have had the game at least once in the 2000's, so its good its finally happening.

Pages AD has wanted the game, being an old Morehead guy. Stars finally aligned this season.

Pages AD has wanted the game, being an old Morehead guy. Stars finally aligned this season.
Page hired a new AD 2 years ago when Rusty Lee retired. But yes, Rusty probably did at one point but it just wasn't in the cards. Unless you're talking about the current AD.

Last edited:
For WRH
ED - conference and Battle
Kinston - conference
Clinton

Dogs79, looking forward to the trip to the dog pound August 27th. We should find out real early how good we both are gonna be.

We should be broadcasting, stop by and say what’s up. Best of luck this season.

For our three local 2A Schools:

CHASE:

Mountain Heritage
Hendersonville
R-S Central/Brevard

East Rutherford:

Hendersonville
Brevard
R-S Central/CHASE (I don't know much about Tuscola this year to know if they should fit in that top-3 or not)

R-S Central:

Hendersonville
South Point
Brevard/CHASE
RS is going to look a little different at times this year! I see them making some serious noise this year!

RS is going to look a little different at times this year! I see them making some serious noise this year!

It will be a tough test week 1 for the titans. I have heard some encouraging things so far but containing RS speed will be an issue. We have a freshman RB who is going to be special

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT