ADVERTISEMENT

Your own Top ten!!

My top 10 would probably look like this...

1. Monroe
2. Salisbury
3. Reidsville
4. Northeastern
5. Clinton
6. Burns
7. Shelby
8. St. Pauls
9. J.M. Robinson
10. Washington

1. Monroe
2. Salisbury
3. Reidsville
4. Northeastern
5. Clinton
6. Burns
7. Shelby
8. St. Pauls
9. J.M. Robinson
10. Washington

Always respect your thoughts. Thanks for taking time out your day brother. Looks good.

I'd have Reidsville 1, until they lose.

Always respect your thoughts. Thanks for taking time out your day brother. Looks good.

I'd have Reidsville 1, until they lose.
I know a lot of people have that mindset that you keep a team #1 until they lose, but in High School Football it doesn't always work that way.

Yes, they return a hall of fame coach in Jim Teague, but they also lost a lot of tremendous talent that's tough to replace. Yes, I know that they always have talent and I do believe that they'll still be Top-2-3 good, but considering the talent that Monroe and Salisbury returns, it's hard to not pick those two ahead of the Rams.

Salisbury is still nasty with linebacker Jalon Walker, and Monroe has two of the best players I've seen in Shaleak Knotts.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91
I know a lot of people have that mindset that you keep a team #1 until they lose, but in High School Football it doesn't always work that way.

Yes, they return a hall of fame coach in Jim Teague, but they also lost a lot of tremendous talent that's tough to replace. Yes, I know that they always have talent and I do believe that they'll still be Top-2-3 good, but considering the talent that Monroe and Salisbury returns, it's hard to not pick those two ahead of the Rams.

Salisbury is still nasty with linebacker Jalon Walker, and Monroe has two of the best players I've seen in Shaleak Knotts.

Very true, highschool ball has a huge turnover. Walker LB is a monster. Who you got coming out of the east?? You heard anything from NE?

Welcome back to 2A, Monroe, and they will be a problem. They’re always athletic, and they have one of the best coaches in the state. Had Hunter Huss not successfully contested, and avoided coming back to 2A, 2A would be the strongest division of all, in my opinion.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
In alphabetical order:

1. Clinton
2. East Surry
3. Monroe
4. Reidsville
5. Saint Paul's
6. Salisbury
7. Shelby
8. Southwest Onslow
9. Walkertown
10. Wallace-Rose Hill

Pre-season polls should be rated on what a team returns. While young, the Ram will return some absolute players.

Welcome back to 2A, Monroe, and they will be a problem. They’re always athletic, and they have one of the best coaches in the state. Had Hunter Huss not successfully contested, and avoided coming back to 2A, 2A would be the strongest division of all, in my opinion.

cut it out

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Reidsville
Salisbury
Monroe
East Surry
Northeastern
St Pauls
Holmes
Burns
Hendersonville
Maiden

Max Preps rankings after Spring Ball.

Last edited:
Salisbury
Reidsville
Monroe
Shelby
Northeastern
Wallace Rose Hill
Burns
Hendersonville
St Pauls
Clinton

Why wouldn't MaxPreps rank Shelby at least 2 or 3.
My post may have been misleading…..my apology….I’ll try to clear it up!
I used the Max Preps overall NC rankings for all schools after the 20-21 football season..(Spring Ball). This was not a preseason ranking for the coming season…it was a ranking on how the teams finished after Spring ball.
For example….Reidsville finished as the 6th best team in the overall rankings for NC…..Salisbury finished 15th, Monroe finished 18th, etc. etc.
Shelby was 6-3 and finished as the 71st best team in the overall rankings for NC….simply put….Shelby had a good season….but not a great season!…..as we all know!
I went through the list and picked the teams that would be 2a for this upcoming season. I added teams like Monroe…moved from 3a…..Edenton Holmes moved from 1a….and discarded teams like North Davidson, Oak Grove, Hibriten….that will not be 2a this season.

The resulting list of upcoming 2a teams based on how they finished in the overall NC rankings after Spring Ball……..is what I posted.
Sorry for the confusion!

1. Monroe
2. Salisbury
3. Reidsville
4. Northeastern
5. Clinton
6. Burns
7. Shelby
8. St. Pauls
9. J.M. Robinson
10. Washington
I remember when this years Reidsville’s Talented senior class started 8 sophomores the first year they played and beat a more talented Northeastern team in the State Finals. I feel this years team has the talent to do the same thing, but its go come down to how well the QB develops.

Last edited:
Monroe is the team to beat. What's sad is there might be an early match up with them and Reidsville/Salisbury in the playoffs depending on seedings.

Reactions: f-ball-ace
Monroe is the team to beat. What's sad is there might be an early match up with them and Reidsville/Salisbury in the playoffs depending on seedings.
Where do you have Shelby going into this season? This team is seriously loaded, especially at the skill positions and D line. If the offensive line develops into a solid group, look out. Offensive line is always a concern for any high school team. Don’t be misled by what happened in the spring. The Lions will return to prominence. This upcoming season is already fun, coming into the season in an unfamiliar role of being slept on.

Where do you have Shelby going into this season? This team is seriously loaded, especially at the skill positions and D line. If the offensive line develops into a solid group, look out. Offensive line is always a concern for any high school team. Don’t be misled by what happened in the spring. The Lions will return to prominence. This upcoming season is already fun, coming into the season in an unfamiliar role of being slept on.
They're in the top 5-7. I'm leaning on what I saw in the Spring from most teams. I don't see any easy games in the playoffs like with subdivided classes. You have to contend with Salisbury, Reidsville, Monroe, Burns. Chase and Hendersonville may also have something to say in the playoffs. Chances of brutal 2nd round games are high, along with chances of a beat up western representative.

They're in the top 5-7. I'm leaning on what I saw in the Spring from most teams. I don't see any easy games in the playoffs like with subdivided classes. You have to contend with Salisbury, Reidsville, Monroe, Burns. Chase and Hendersonville may also have something to say in the playoffs. Chances of brutal 2nd round games are high, along with chances of a beat up western representative.

The east will beat each other up as well. I can’t see it being a clear cut favorite amongst those teams, even if you think the east is inferior

Made it to the East Wilkes/ East Surry scrimmage today and you can take East Surry out of the top 20. With the absence of Benge Goznell (who went back to Carroll Co. were he actually lives) ES looked like a lower tier team in the 2a at best. I really thought EW got the better of them. Good thing Lowman dropped Reidsville and N. Davidson. Not enough boards in the woodshed for those matchups.

Made it to the East Wilkes/ East Surry scrimmage today and you can take East Surry out of the top 20. With the absence of Benge Goznell (who went back to Carroll Co. were he actually lives) ES looked like a lower tier team in the 2a at best. I really thought EW got the better of them. Good thing Lowman dropped Reidsville and N. Davidson. Not enough boards in the woodshed for those matchups.
You can’t gage a team by how they do in a scrimmage. Reidsville hardly ever looks good in scrimmages, because the coach is switching players in and out and moving them around to find players to fill key positions lost to graduation. I’m pretty sure ES coaches does the same thing.

Last edited:
speaking of scrimmages...did Reidsville scrimmage northern guilford on wed as scheduled....storms were in the area...glad I didn't waste 6 dollars........

speaking of scrimmages...did Reidsville scrimmage northern guilford on wed as scheduled....storms were in the area...glad I didn't waste 6 dollars........

Defense looked good!

offense didn’t look very good. Offensive like is the main concern

Last edited:
Defense looked good!

offense didn’t look very good. Offensive like is the main concern
like it's been said....if you ain't got the horses up front to block....running backs won't be going anywhere except down...I was afraid this would be the case....Reidsville's O line last year was outstanding....unsung heroes..........maybe the coaches can work it out and find the right mix....skill position players are defintely there.................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT