ADVERTISEMENT

Your favorite Running back

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Here is one I like to hear different opinions on your favorite RBs in N.C. HS football down through the years. Any classification. Lot of good ones down through the years.

I have several in mind that I personally seen. With South Iredell. Tyrone Westmoreland, Cameron Mattox, Lachaston Smith, and then Kevin Parks of West Rowan.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Rico dowdle is my number 1 … he was a RB that was put a qb for his senior year but was/is still a RB

Angus weaver was an absolute joy to watch for 4 years at Polk co …

Manny Deshauteurs from Brevard was just a fun ball player to watch all over the field. Very shifty at RB.

Johnny White at Asheville was a good one. He and Butler were great enough athletes that they made a very simple offense explosive.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Nick Maddox of AL Brown was special. Seen Tony Baker of Ragsdale who was really good RB. Also Corey Alexander of Mooresville was real good. These I seen in person as well.

Reactions: Champ_24
This goes way back to about 1966-67 I think but Statesville's undefeated team had Eddie Gamble at Full Back and Lynn Davenport at Tailback. That was a tandem. Just for the record, I did not attend Statesville HS except on a few fall Friday nights along with most of Iredell County.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
One honorable mention is Natrone Means of Central Cabarrus. And Antione Ikard of Maiden was a beast. Fun RB to watch.

Reactions: beamer24
A lot of big time names on this list that went to big schools and some made it to the NFL. An under the radar name was Kujuan Pryor for Burns. He had one of the best individual performances I have seen in the playoffs at Hibriten several years back. Everyone will tell me if I'm wrong, but I think he holds the Cleveland County record for rushing yards as well. The kid could absolutely fly, and at only 5'6", he hid behind the lineman so well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT