ADVERTISEMENT

Youngest MVP In NCHSAA Football Championship History?

TheMule

Feb 5, 2003
Lenox Castle, NC
Reidsville Rams Sophomore QB Kyle Pinnix, reported to be 14 years old, took home the MVP trophy in Reidsville's win over Northeastern Saturday.

Anybody know of anyone younger to win the MVP award?

No one younger that I am aware of. You do not see many 14 year old sophomores in December.

Chris Leak was a 15 year old sophomore when he won his first one. I am sure there are some other sophomores but being 14 would be the major difference as most turn 15 during the winter or spring of their freshman year.

Weddington’s HC, Andy Capone, is 27 years old. I know of coaches that made it to a regional title game that were younger but do not know of any in the title game. Any others?

Mallard Creek James Smith was a MVP 3 State Championship games @ 15,16 & 17 years old.

No one younger that I am aware of. You do not see many 14 year old sophomores in December.

Chris Leak was a 15 year old sophomore when he won his first one. I am sure there are some other sophomores but being 14 would be the major difference as most turn 15 during the winter or spring of their freshman year.
Btango, I was 14 in December of my sophomore year. Only problem was that I wasn’t any good. But it wouldn’t be a rarity. Not a lot of fun waiting until second semester of your junior year to get your driver’s license though!

Btango, I was 14 in December of my sophomore year. Only problem was that I wasn’t any good. But it wouldn’t be a rarity. Not a lot of fun waiting until second semester of your junior year to get your driver’s license though!

It is a rarity today. I graduated at 17 with seven months to go so I was 14, too. Did not have a car to drive so did not matter about the license for me. I was literally sent to school because the kids in my neighborhood were going and my grandmother just sent me. Mill Hill Living!

Reactions: Ben-Badd
People did not realize how important he was to MC. Clutch in crunch time!!!
Best leader I've seen at high school level. Stayed cool, made plays when it counted. Only saw him once but all that talent on the field in the 2015 EF-MC game, and HE was the best player on the field that night! Flat out stud!

It is a rarity today. I graduated at 17 with seven months to go so I was 14, too. Did not have a car to drive so did not matter about the license for me. I was literally sent to school because the kids in my neighborhood were going and my grandmother just sent me. Mill Hill Living!
LOL!
No mill for my family, but I was the youngest of three boys. I think my mother just wanted some peace and quiet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT