ADVERTISEMENT

Youngest MVP In NCHSAA Football Championship History?

Reidsville Rams Sophomore QB Kyle Pinnix, who is reported to be 14 years old, took home the MVP trophy for his performance in the Rams win over Northeastern.

Anybody know of anyone younger winning such MVP award?

Let’s hope he has two more in him.

That is very impressive. congratulations to that young man and his family. He sounds like a real baller.

How is he 14 years old and a Soph ?

My son is 13 in 7th grade and no he didn’t fail lol shut up

That much poise at that age in that game speaks volumes on this kid though very impressed watching him Saturday

I was in the press box and participated in the vote for the post-game awards ... they made us vote before the game was over and I voted for Aaron Harris of Elizabeth City because they were up 28-21 at the time of the vote. It was a frantic switcheroo up there in the press box when Reidsville made the amazing comeback and they let us switch from a EC player to a Reidsville player with a show of hands.

If I had had a chance to vote at the end of the game I (and several others) would have voted for Travion Canada. He made some crucial plays in the closing minute -- the blitz sack that set up the winning field position and then the run that set up the field goal.

But they had to get it done so the awards could be presented without a delay. Pinnix's 4 TD passes were huge but overall, Canada was my MVP if you count both sides of the ball. He rushed for 125 yards on 19 carries in the game, pushing him past 1,500 for the year.

Pinnix, by the way, ended the season with 37 touchdown passes while completing 58 percent of his passes (146 of 250) for 2,157 yards. The two picks Saturday left him with just 7 on the year.

The post-game awards are nice but they are often skewed by the early voting.

Reactions: tarheelg
I was in the press box and participated in the vote for the post-game awards ... they made us vote before the game was over and I voted for Aaron Harris of Elizabeth City because they were up 28-21 at the time of the vote. It was a frantic switcheroo up there in the press box when Reidsville made the amazing comeback and they let us switch from a EC player to a Reidsville player with a show of hands.

If I had had a chance to vote at the end of the game I (and several others) would have voted for Travion Canada. He made some crucial plays in the closing minute -- the blitz sack that set up the winning field position and then the run that set up the field goal.

But they had to get it done so the awards could be presented without a delay. Pinnix's 4 TD passes were huge but overall, Canada was my MVP if you count both sides of the ball. He rushed for 125 yards on 19 carries in the game, pushing him past 1,500 for the year.

Pinnix, by the way, ended the season with 37 touchdown passes while completing 58 percent of his passes (146 of 250) for 2,157 yards. The two picks Saturday left him with just 7 on the year.

The post-game awards are nice but they are often skewed by the early voting.
Lots of heroes for Reidsville on Sat. but I agree with you about #23 T. Canada.....the guy is a real baller....some school is gonna get a steal...................................

I must say I am extremely proud of Kyle. Being a sophomore and playing a key position at quarterback in a state chanlpionship game is nerve racking all by it’s self. Not including all the fans and coach’s that were yelling at him throughout the game. I enjoyed sitting behind his dad at the game. I love that his dad is not one of those parents who sit like their child is the perfect player. He sits and yells at Kyle and tells him when he’s doing crazy stuff throughout the game.Even when they gave Kyle MVP he said he’s proud of kyle but Kyle made some bad moves throughout that game.

Reactions: rambbq
His brother was outstanding for Reidsville as well. Standout in football, wrestling and track. Don Don is now playing football at Emery & Henry. Both are fantastic young men.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT