ADVERTISEMENT

You might want to advoid NCPREPS in about 1 Minute

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to be one of the first... Congratulations Scotland County... Not much to it...That was the worst Offensive performance in the school history... Good luck rest of the way... Your 8thgraders could've stopped that mess... lol. Defense played all night. Mr. Swett? Do y'all have any available coaches at pernell... hey I'm jump in the fence too...GO Scots... good game guys.

Tonight was an embarrassment. Scotland had NEVER shutout Richmond in 49 games. Richmond's Offense was the worst I've ever seen. It is definitely time for a change from top to bottom.

Hey that was just a joke about the coach thing... Our coaches will be o.k. What can I say... very bad night for us tonight.

I told you all that it was coming. You guys think the I am just a loud mouth pot stirrer. I know them better than they know themselves.

Can't blame the coaches... Scotland's game plan... their defense...their offense... their coaches... just get ready to play again... I do hope you Gus win it all...It's obvious that Richmond is noChamplonship calibre right now... I'll still be there for them. This has been a crazy week and if I offended anyone, hope we can move on now.

The guy from 2 yrs ago wasn't the problem. We had a good staff. Now, we do have a problem and a sorry staff. You know what they say, sometimes you get what you ask for. People are gonna now realize what we had. Never shutout by the Scots until tonight. Loss 3 games last year, already lost 3 this year. Welcome to Raider football! Irrelevance is now accepted.

Unfortunately, Richmond will not be fine. You know it's bad when you hear Scotland folks making jokes about how they hope this coach stays at Richmond for a long-long time.

Kingdiamond the entire state of NC knows how this is going to play out for you guys. A 4th loss early in the playoffs and a change will be made. It is going to cost you guys some good money to get a proven coach this time.

Congrats to the Scots. Lots of talent on that side.

A few observations....

1) We need to catch the ball better. That would have certainly aided an offense that struggled. Several dropped balls were in part only to receivers not holding on.

2) From Scotlands first score till mid fourth was a game of defense and both sides made plays. Honestly, I was impressed with what our D did until they got tired and gave up two scores near from mid fourth on. I thought our scheme was good. Scotland has good size on D and made some plays.

3) Scotland does not need to run the wildcat...you guys have a good enough offensive scheme. Did Zamir mishandle the snap twice inside the red zone? Give him the rock and that Meachum kid too.

4) Dudley is better than us and better than Scotland. Now, I really do want y'all to win the 4A, but Dudley is the real deal. I was impressed with the Scots, but blown away by Dudley.

5) I thought Scotland got a little conservative offensively at one point. I really thought you guys would bring it all game after the opening drive. Obviously it all worked out.

6) Us fans are lucky to have teams we love to watch that let us forget about all the bad and have a little fun for a few hours. Both teams should get ready and then try and have a little fun in the playoffs. (We have one more regular season game)

I tried to be objective and state what I saw. Let's not make this thread flame and use some objectivity.

Go Raiders!

Reactions: portcity FB
Kingdiamond the entire state of NC knows how this is going to play out for you guys. A 4th loss early in the playoffs and a change will be made. It is going to cost you guys some good money to get a proven coach this time.
That's funny...I could say the exact same thing about Scotland. Minus the 4 losses, of course, since Scotland didn't play anyone half of the caliber of Butler or Dudley.

Hiring and Firing coaches is out of my hands... Honestley... the records ain't that bad and 2 years ain't long enough... o.k. I'm done... we just move on guys.

That's funny...I could say the exact same thing about Scotland. Minus the 4 losses, of course, since Scotland didn't play anyone half of the caliber of Butler or Dudley.

Tasteless. Maybe u schedule teams like the Q Foundation instead of teams like Butler or Dudley. Very fortunate last week wasn't a loss either. Support ur team a bit better. Score should have been worse. Thanks to the Scots own mistakes it was only 21.

The kids play hard... impressed with our defense tonight, but like I said alot of work needs to be done on the offense... Hey Raiders I ain't Giving up... we just go back to work... Scotland, I said all along that you guys were sandbaggi g and I feel like y'all still got more so go get one for the SEC...I BELIEVE YOU CAN.

It is the coaching & it's the worst it's been since the Mid 80' here. The longer Castellano & his staff stay the worse we'll get. The point is we had some good coaches and let them get away.

Reactions: sikner51
Lord he has to feel relevant around here!

Tasteless. Maybe u schedule teams like the Q Foundation instead of teams like Butler or Dudley. Very fortunate last week wasn't a loss either. Support ur team a bit better. Score should have been worse. Thanks to the Scots own mistakes it was only 21.

Think you got the wrong guy Hokie is a Butler guy not a Pinecrest one

Go Scots
in one of these boxes around here on this green board I read that all that history but no state championship

I forgot the name of the poster Boy

how many times does that make now that you all have put the smoke on Richie Rich

How did Richmond do vs Zeus? How many yards did he end up having? With it be 7-0 till the 4th seems like Richmond held their own on D till late.

Hey Dudes I said Relax, those of us who have played get it. Great job by both teams and both communities. Good luck to both teams Dudes and may God bless us all.

Sorry, not a Raider fan.

But I did listen to the G104 webcast. The two bad snaps to White in the wildcat killed two good looking Scots drives (one of them down inside the 10), so it definitely could've been worse. On the other hand, Richmond's receivers had a epic case of the dropsies in the 1st half, plus a 60 yd holding penalty that negated a big run down to the 1 kept this from being a nailbiter. Not to mention the last Scots TD was on a very short field after a muffed kick.

Overall, I'm impressed with Scotland's front 7 against the run and in getting pressure on the QB, but I have some red flags about the Scotland pass defense. Your schedule this year didn't have many teams on it that could complete a forward pass and Richmond dropped everything in sight tonight, so I think that unit is still very much unproven. Flashbacks of North Davidson from last year keep popping in my head for some reason. At some point in time, Scotland is going to meet a good passing team in the playoffs. Are they prepared to defend it?

Offensively, obviously, Scotland has two world class backs...but where is the rest of the offense? Being obnoxiously one dimensional also raises some red flags to me. What happens some week when you're behind on the scoreboard? Just curious about that. Maybe the thought hasn't occurred to any Scots faithful, but as an outsider, it's one of the first things I noticed.

Defense on both sides played well. Scotland scored quick at the start then had a fumble on the 1 yard line that would have made a 14 point game. Richmonds offense is not that bad. Biggest issue was receivers not catching the ball. Several big plays with dropped passes. Ur right they definitely need to work on not being so one dimensional.

Last edited:
What happens when Scotland gets behind? If we ever do we will all find out what happens.
With Harding upsetting West Meck and getting into the playoffs in small 4A, that might be enough to send the Scots East.

I'm still undecided on how you guys ultimately stack up in the West, but I have no doubt that you'll make a deep run in the defense-optional East. There's a couple of good passing teams over there to keep an eye on, but if they can't get Scotland's running game off the field, then it's just not going to matter.

If you guys do go East, I'm going to go ahead and pencil you into the title game.

Reactions: RaidersRocks
The Raider or someone that knows. Receivers hurt the Raiders tonight. Do yall still have same WR Coach that coached the Bostic kid that started as a true Freshman at Charlotte & those other good Receivers like Rich, Joy, & Love? Those guys were pretty sure handed & I remember they would block the crap out of people downfield. Just curious b/c yall haven't looked the same at that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT