ADVERTISEMENT

American Legion Baseball You asked for it and I've got it. (NCAL Junior 2018 state tournament)

teams by Area:
Area I
1.Windsor
2.Dare County

Area II
1.East Carteret
2.Hampstead

Area III
1. Mocksville
2. Randolph County

Area IV
1.South Caldwell
2.Rutherford County

(New schedule will be the 2 elimination games to be played tonight)
(winners bracket to start up at 8:30am tomorrow)

Last edited:
Is it me or are the brackets wrong? looking at them they have 2 undefeated and 2 with one loss. they have both undefeated teams playing the 1 loss teams. Should it not be both undefeated playing each other and the 2 one loss teams playing each other? SMH

Mocksville should play Windsor in the winners bracket. if 2-0 team plays 2-1 team could have 4 teams with 1 loss.

Last edited:
Is it me or are the brackets wrong? looking at them they have 2 undefeated and 2 with one loss. they have both undefeated teams playing the 1 loss teams. Should it not be both undefeated playing each other and the 2 one loss teams playing each other? SMH

Bracket is definitely wrong......winners bracket game is game 11 and the winner of it is guaranteed a spot in the championship game regardless of the Day 4 results. Either 3 teams or 2 teams left for the final day based upon Day 4 results.

Reactions: Hon Dines
at one time the 3-0 teams didn't have to play on day 4, on day 5 the only 1 loss team left had to beat 3-0 twice.

July 23rd Schedule ppd

UPDATE:

JULY 24 SITE CHANGED TO PITT COMMUNITY COLLEGE GREENVILLE NC

ONE GAME MOCKSVILLE VS WINDSOR 1PM
WINNER TAKE ALL

July 23rd Schedule ppd

UPDATE:

JULY 24 SITE CHANGED TO PITT COMMUNITY COLLEGE GREENVILLE NC

ONE GAME MOCKSVILLE VS WINDSOR 1PM
WINNER TAKE ALL

Just to make sure I understand correctly......they erased a day from the tournament due to weather and made the winners bracket the championship??

Cost the host way too much money to keep those teams down there for extra days.

Just my thoughts.

Just to make sure I understand correctly......they erased a day from the tournament due to weather and made the winners bracket the championship??
unfair to South Caldwell and Rutherford county. I thought each team paid their on way at JR legion level

Last edited:
Cost the host way too much money to keep those teams down there for extra days.

Just my thoughts.
Unless something has changed, junior tournament hosts don't pay for rooms, they just make connections to have enough rooms reserved. Extra day field cost is the only unexpected expense to extend a day.

Reactions: Hon Dines
if south caldwell played rutherford co tuesday morning. mocksiville played windsor 30mins laters. the winner of south caldwell -rutheford played loser of mocksville -windsor game 30 mins later, only 2 teams needed to stay over to wednesday.

yes winner take all! one game Tuesday.

And we wonder why Legion baseball is struggling across the country.........absolutely unfathomable how this decision can be made. My bend is to always partner with people to make things better, but things like this make me feel like why bother. The ability to help the kids is why bother so I'll continue to try to help if possible.

And we wonder why Legion baseball is struggling across the country.........absolutely unfathomable how this decision can be made. My bend is to always partner with people to make things better, but things like this make me feel like why bother. The ability to help the kids is why bother so I'll continue to try to help if possible.
our team won a series 2-0 when it was schedule to be 3 out 5, wasn't fair to kids on the other team. series was tied 2-2 but we won the first 2 games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT