ADVERTISEMENT

Yellowjackets at #1 Bears

Honestly, Mt.Airy is getting overshadowed by how good Murphy is. Both teams have a winning pedigree. Murphy from most accounts seems to have the more rounded team. Mt.Airy seems to have the Blue Collar worker approach. Nothing aesthetically pleasing but always gets the job done in excellent fashion. Or maybe just maybe Mt.Airy fans are looking at BC as another blip on the radar. This could prove fatal if that's the case. It almost seems like two big time trap games going on in the 1aa West. Murphy vs a resurging East Surry and Mt.Airy vs Bessemer City who most didn't give a chance against Swain. Everyone knows that the premiere match up everyone wants to see in the 1aa Western Finals is a Mt.Airy & Murphy match up. If these two overlook their opponents this week then no one could say that they saw a Bessemer City& East Surry Western Final. Could it play out? Stay tuned!!

Last edited:
Welcome back buzzz , long time no see. Whole lotta football team i seen in the granite city friday night. I will leave it at that. Who ever pulls in that parking lot has more than got there hands full. That defensive line and linebackers were something to see. Gonna take alot to send the bears packing this year.

Sign Me up for Murphy vs Mt.Airy as well!! They've both been at the top all year. Realtalk everyone on the outside lookin in are expecting a Murphy/Mt.Airy match up. No disrespect intended to the other teams left in 1aa West.

Why is their not much talk about this 3rd rd game.
Because the game shouldn't be close, Mt Airy should win going away. I'd be surprised if they win this game by less than 40.

And the reason I don't think there's been much talk about them is because they just played and are about to play a team that they outmatch pretty clearly. When Mt Airy meets Murphy or East Surry in the western finals they will get talked about plenty.

Let me get this straight. I get that Swain beat Murphy at Swain and people are acting like oh well, we're supposed to lose to them at home even though Murphy was ranked higher and was supossedly the better team. Now Swain loses to BC in a game that everyone except BC thought Swain was suppose to win. Now you're expecting Mt.Airy to beat a team by 40+ that just beat the team that beat you. That makes no sense. With that reasoning Murphy need not show up to play Mt. Airy if indeed both of them get past this rd.

Reactions: sbbbfan
I wouldn't sleep on 11-1 BC. I would worry about beating them (not by how much). They are big and physical and will basically try to bloody your nose. BC is not overly fast, but fast enough. They are very good on defense.

Reactions: gdawg74
Mount Airy is concentrating on one thing this week. Bessemer City. Holder never looks ahead until this game is in the record book. I expect a great game by both. BC will try to limit MA possession by controlling the clock.

In terms of pure raw athleticism, BC has bunches however they don’t showcase it with their offensive sets. With the right coach and offense, they could be as explosive as anyone in 1A.

Good luck to the Granite Bears this Friday from all of Cardinal Nation. A lot of people are punching Murphy’s and yalls ticket to the Western Finals but as sbbbfan said, MA is taking it one round at a time. We all know the potential matchups in the Western Finals but you have to win the third round before you worry about the fourth. I am sure the Bears are solely focused on the Yellowjackets this week just like the Cards are on the Bulldogs. Once again, good luck and rep the NWC well.

Last edited:
Good luck to The Cardinals from the Bears. Hope to see the Cardinals in Mount Airy on Friday Dec.1st for a all NWC Surry County western finals. What a gate that would be. Standing room only !

Last edited:
No fanfare because when I watched BC play last week, I was literally not impressed with anything they did. Small LBs, small corners, no kicking game, etc. It all adds up and this is the end of the line for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT