Yadkin Valley Conference Week 9

RD28327

Aug 12, 2003
Carthage, NC 28327
North Moore @ Albemarle, NM 27-26

Chatham Central @ South Stanly, SS 48-12

South Davidson @ East Montgomery, EM 55-7

North Stanly @ West Montgomery, WM 49-14

North Moore gets its first ever on-the-field win over Albemarle. South Stanly stomps Chatham Central. East Montgomery routs South Davidson. West Montgomery rolls past North Stanly.

4-0 last Friday night, 1-0 Monday night, 37-5 overall.

NM @ ALB - ALB 28-14
CC @ SS - SS 21-14
SD @ EM - EM 48-0
NS @ WM - WM 56-7

Alb is too much for a beat up Mustangs team, SS flexes its muscles against a weak CC, EM tries some news things against a dreadful SD, WM plays the starters for 4qtrs!

NM- Albemarle Alb 27- NM 14
SS-CC South 34-12
EM-SD EM 56-SD 0
WM-NS WM 42-NS 21

NM- Albemarle NM 30- ALB - 14 (Albemarle scores on the J.V.'s like they did against WM when NM pulls the starters )
SS-CC CC 28- SS 14 (Chatham gets their first win)
EM-SD EM 35-SD 0 (EM Pulls the starters early)
WM-NS WM 50-NS 14 (WM pounds NS into the ground).

North Moore @ Albemarle - NM 21-14 - NM with a huge conference win this week.

Chatham Central @ South Stanly - SS 34-12 - South Stanly is not a bad team as witnessed by 1st half @ EM...just needs to play 4 qtrs.

South Davidson @ East Montgomery - 54-6 - EM cruises this week.

North Stanly @ West Montgomery - 42-14 - WM calls the dogs off this year.

How did we score 22 against Thomasville in the first game? I am being very optimistic this week in picking the Bulldogs to beat North Moore. North Moore still hasn't beat a good team yet this year so I'm hoping the Dogs can pull this one out. I never thought I would be making a statement like this in a game with North Moore but it is what it is.

Reactions: WMFootballFanatic
This Albemarle team has no leadership. They had confidence going in and played terrible against T-Ville (Whom also sucks) and have lost all respect for the coaches. This is obvious. Like Buddy said, fold the damn tents!

NM- Albemarle Alb 21- NM 14
SS-CC South 45-7
EM-SD EM 62-SD 0
WM-NS WM 42-NS 28...I hope North wins but being honest west has alot more overall team speed and speed kills

I know nothing about this conference and I hate to get off topic here but how can Chatham Central have athletes to be so good at wrestling and be so bad at football? Do kids not want to play for the coach or what is the deal? We (Mitchell) have beat them in the state championship match the last 2 years in wrestling.

I know nothing about this conference and I hate to get off topic here but how can Chatham Central have athletes to be so good at wrestling and be so bad at football? Do kids not want to play for the coach or what is the deal? We (Mitchell) have beat them in the state championship match the last 2 years in wrestling.

Because Vince McMahon made them sign a "no football" clause in their contracts. And you won't know more about this conference because you guys will be out in the 2nd round as usual.

From what I have been told a lot of their kids do not come out for football due to past lack of success. So it becomes a never ending cycle. I will say that they were very, very young last year and they were much improved this year. Maybe they can get it turned around.

I am sorry that you are so disgruntled for some reason BD. What is with all of the hate? I agree that a second round game would be nice to even get to but if we don't so what then let's get on to wrestling. I think it is a better sport for kids anyway. JMO Good luck to WM the rest of the way. I will be sure not to ask anything else about your conference since I have offended you with this question.

I thought it was a valid question redy4friday. I've asked it before too. I hope I was able to answer it as it has been told to me.

Reactions: Buzzard15
I am sorry that you are so disgruntled for some reason BD. What is with all of the hate? I agree that a second round game would be nice to even get to but if we don't so what then let's get on to wrestling. I think it is a better sport for kids anyway. JMO Good luck to WM the rest of the way. I will be sure not to ask anything else about your conference since I have offended you with this question.
I've asked the same question. North Moore is the same way in boys basketball.

I've asked the same question. North Moore is the same way in boys basketball.
Really I thought that the basketball team had a real good season last year ,if I am not mistaken they beat WM twice ,oh yea I am not mistaken they also made it to the second round of states just saying.

Really I thought that the basketball team had a real good season last year ,if I am not mistaken they beat WM twice ,oh yea I am not mistaken they also made it to the second round of states just saying.
That's what I'm saying, they are great in basketball but struggle in football. I'm not taking anything away from them! Oh except now we have yalls basketball coach!

I agree that some just don't play because they have been pounded for so long. But how did this cycle start? They seem to approach the game from the standpoint of plenty of aggression without much direction. Football is organized chaos, not just chaos. When they have tussles among themselves at 1/2 time, coaches arguing at the end of a game with fans and accost the visiting teams camera crew it seems clear. Reboot the whole program with a new attitude (see North Moore) and they should break into the top 1/4 of the conference.

Buzzard, since the football program has shown improvement recently, the participation has gone up for kids playing both those sports. I'm pretty sure just about every skill player on the football team also plays basketball. At NM, from what I can see now, the football team is missing out on getting some of the talented baseball players. Bottom line, its high school. These parents need to encourage the kids to play them all. These one sport year round athletes blow my mind. You're kids. Have Fun!!! Times have changed I guess...

Reactions: Sleehrat84
Buzzard, since the football program has shown improvement recently, the participation has gone up for kids playing both those sports. I'm pretty sure just about every skill player on the football team also plays basketball. At NM, from what I can see now, the football team is missing out on getting some of the talented baseball players. Bottom line, its high school. These parents need to encourage the kids to play them all. These one sport year round athletes blow my mind. You're kids. Have Fun!!! Times have changed I guess...
That's the new thing, especially with baseball players. If you saw S Stanly's 2012 state championship team they looked like a group of Defensive Ends; but only 2 played football.

That's the new thing, especially with baseball players. If you saw S Stanly's 2012 state championship team they looked like a group of Defensive Ends; but only 2 played football.

Travel/Fall baseball. Every kid that has a "coach" Dad knows that his Jimmy/Joe will make the show if he quits football and dedicates his life to baseball. It's sad. Tournaments every weekend, 3-4 games each day and not one damn thing is gained by it.

Agreed!! This travel ball obsession has gotten way out of control. I'm tired of hearing all these parents complain about how tired they are on Monday because their son/daughter had to play seven games over the weekend. Truth is folks are taking the money you should be saving to seen your kids to college all for the simple fact of you being able to say "my son plays travel ball."

Not to mention the "shady" people who are running these tournaments, charging the entry fees and promising that this/that scout from whatever local college is going to be there to see the "showcase" of talent on display. Seriously some of the parents are so delusional that they buy into this crap. Bottom line is if your kid is good enough to play college ball he will. This fad of parading your son around to tournaments every weekend just to have something to complain about on Monday and brag is a mid life crisis in the making. Didn't exist 10 years ago and I'm pretty sure college coaches found players to fill their rosters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT