ADVERTISEMENT

Xman has started 3 stories on 1a board in last few days

CP16

Oct 29, 2001
all about non-boundary schools playing 1a basketball. Must be the state of the times.

This post was edited on 11/29 7:07 PM by CP16

They play by the state rules and each program has quality coaching staff maybe some teams need to step up there program standards.

What are those standards? If you're good but your team stinks, transfer to us because we'll take anybody that can dribble a ball well?

Don't get me started on prep. Simply reloading. Yeah they play by the rules and look for every single loop hole. Lol come on 1a and in the middle of a city bahahaha.

Guys seriously i am not say any of that many schools in NC get kids who move into there school district for what ever reason. You guys have to stop crying about what you do not have and tell your coaches to develop your younger talent. Many areas like Winston Salem and Charlotte an Greensboro have great youth clubs and feeder middle schools that feed into the top programs. Just like parents pursue programs for academics parents have the right to move there kid to a program where there kid will get good training and coaching. Some programs goals are not to compete at the highest level some coaches just collect a paycheck and call it a day. I feel sad that people can come on here and discredit what those programs have done is crazy. I watch a lot of hoops here in NC and I can honestly say what you put into your program you will get out. Some schools could care less if there teams win or lose. You have sites such as this to help promote your players and program and half your coaches wont submit information for ms king and staff to put out on them shaking my head. So when you point fingers always know that there are four fingers point right back at you. Take a timeout and evaluate the direction of your program and the quality of the coaching and resources available to the kids and families who are apart of it.
This post was edited on 11/30 8:15 AM by Xman8balla

Xman is trying to help this site with some basketball coverage. It just happens that some of the best players are in the NCISAA and non-boundary schools.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I have no problem with xman coverage. I do have a major problem with non-boundaries playing 1a basketball. I also have a problem with the arrogance of others about tradtional schools just do not working hard. That's a bunch of crap. Take last years 1a runner-ups the East Carteret boys and Riverside Girls. These two programs receive the student athletes who happen to live in there small rural community. The coaching staff's work those young men and women out and do everything possible to make there programs the best. In return they must play in the finals vs non-boundaries with kids from all over the triad.

Anyone that downs a public school like he just did, dont really have much common sense. These 1a schools are getting robbed by the state. Its not right. The SMC puts alot into bball and could of had 2 or 3 state titles over the last decade if not for these schools. Other state do it right so why does NC have to be so for behind? Money? Xman is a joke. Do people like him believe what he says or deep down does he know those school should be playing in there own league. It will be fixed one day and these title will not carry as much weight as a public schools title. I for one think Hayesville girls streak of 6 or 7 state titles in a row is the best in the history of 1a. And I think many would agree.

As Jay Z qouted a wiseman doesn't argue with fools because people from a distance cant tell who is who.I will stop posting on this and leave on that thought. My resume and knowledge of the game trumps yours and i am more aware of whats going on with hoops here in NC. Drops the Microphone........

With all do respect this guy is a joker. I know the coaches from prep and they are not the best coaches in 1a not even close. You want to talk about developing players and put them in the same sentence? Are you kidding me? They have not developed a player in their program period they rely on the aau circuit to get their talent period. Don't get me started on this. Enough said.

When he said Jay Z that was all the prove I needed. Some folks really dont have much common sense.

I would have to disagree with you with regards to prep developing players if you saw the center for the last four years Coye Simmons from his 9th grade year until his senior year he did not get better by osmosis and he was able to get a Div 1 scholarship the same for the Hughes kid as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT