ADVERTISEMENT

X

Status
Not open for further replies.
So does this mean that regional championships prior to 1977 are now officially “state” championships, or no?

Glad they finally acknowledged those titles. Any other newsworthy decisions?

Zero tolerance on profanity. Automatic ejection. This rule could be very interesting
Might as well not even play the games then. This is football not chess or tiddlywinks. Emotions run high on the football field and when players are beating and banging on each other, words sometimes get said. This will ruin the game IMO.

So if two schools prior to 1970 (Tarboro High and Pattillo) both won state championships prior to our merger. Do both of those count towards our total count or just the one by the Tarboro Tigers?

Reactions: TarVikes
Might as well not even play the games then. This is football not chess or tiddlywinks. Emotions run high on the football field and when players are beating and banging on each other, words sometimes get said. This will ruin the game IMO.
I don’t agree. One of the goals for kids playing sports is to help shape them into responaible adults.

I don’t agree. One of the goals for kids playing sports is to help shape them into responaible adults.
That’s all well and good, but good luck getting a bunch of teenage boys playing a collision sport not to say cuss words from time to time. That’s like telling water not to be wet. Coaches cuss too sometimes. Are we gonna eject them as well? You think participation in football is down now? Just wait until this starts being enforced. I think if they are gonna do this then they need to issue each offending player at least one warning first, like on personal fouls. You can’t eject on the first offense IMO or you may not have enough players left on the field to finish the game. As for developing kids into responsible adults, there are plenty of responsible adults who use or at some point, have used, profanity. I would say 100% of adults have cussed at some point in their lives. I’m not saying cussing is something people should do, I just think trying to eliminate it is an exercise in futility.

Last edited:
I thought learning how to place a good cuss word here and there was part of becoming an adult male.

Reactions: Swain97
Someone once said people who cuss too much don't have mastery of the English language. But you're right MHS. A well placed one is more effective than doing it all the time.

There's no need for all the profanity on the field anyway, all of you whiners probably cuss like sailors. A 14-18 year old KID doesn't need to be cussing 24/7, they need to play football and have fun. We wonder why so many kids are coming out of high school and they have no idea how to live in there real world, its because they have no sense of responsibility. Do I believe that a kid should get ejected if they get hurt and let a word slip? No that should be the only allowed form of profanity.

There's no need for all the profanity on the field anyway, all of you whiners probably cuss like sailors. A 14-18 year old KID doesn't need to be cussing 24/7, they need to play football and have fun. We wonder why so many kids are coming out of high school and they have no idea how to live in there real world, its because they have no sense of responsibility. Do I believe that a kid should get ejected if they get hurt and let a word slip? No that should be the only allowed form of profanity.

And how do you tell if a kid is cussing because he is hurt or not? What level of injury does the player have to have? Saying a cuss word here and there doesn't hurt the game. Players should not be allowed to cuss out the ref or yell them to the stands, but saying damn or sh*t isn't that big a deal. Do people get ejected for talking about mothers, girlfriends and such? It's football with a bunch of teenage boys. They're going to talk crap. They're going to cuss. It's all a part of it.

I talked crap and cussed (to other players) when I played, it's part of the game. I had enough respect for coaches and refs not to do it to them (at least not to their face). Still to this day, when I get around my guy friends, we still talk crap and cuss (not like sailors but it occasionally comes out). However, I still won't talk like that to or around my mom, wife or sister.

Having no sense of responsibility has nothing to do with a person saying a cuss word. Like I said, I've used cuss words on the field in my day, and I turned out alright and know how to act in the real world. Responsibility and knowing how to live in the real world starts at home. Maybe if parents forced kids into doing something and learning about life, instead of looking at a screen all day, kids would learn how to live in the real world.

Reactions: NC nole fan
And how do you tell if a kid is cussing because he is hurt or not? What level of injury does the player have to have? Saying a cuss word here and there doesn't hurt the game. Players should not be allowed to cuss out the ref or yell them to the stands, but saying damn or sh*t isn't that big a deal. Do people get ejected for talking about mothers, girlfriends and such? It's football with a bunch of teenage boys. They're going to talk crap. They're going to cuss. It's all a part of it.

I talked crap and cussed (to other players) when I played, it's part of the game. I had enough respect for coaches and refs not to do it to them (at least not to their face). Still to this day, when I get around my guy friends, we still talk crap and cuss (not like sailors but it occasionally comes out). However, I still won't talk like that to or around my mom, wife or sister.

Having no sense of responsibility has nothing to do with a person saying a cuss word. Like I said, I've used cuss words on the field in my day, and I turned out alright and know how to act in the real world. Responsibility and knowing how to live in the real world starts at home. Maybe if parents forced kids into doing something and learning about life, instead of looking at a screen all day, kids would learn how to live in the real world.
LIKE x 1,000,000 !!

Don't redo those banners yet. Look at this same thread on the 2A forum.

Too late, Liberty High School officially has a state title and ain't giving it back! From the corner bar to kidds to pigs foot to lake juno, there have been parties through the night this weekend.

Reactions: thekidd12
Too late, Liberty High School officially has a state title and ain't giving it back! From the corner bar to kidds to pigs foot to lake juno, there have been parties through the night this weekend.
Kidd's really??

I really don't know, or didn't lol. But to me it's historical, from the time I could walk and my grandpa taking me there until this day. Regardless Liberty High School is a state champion;)

Reactions: thekidd12
I really don't know, or didn't lol. But to me it's historical, from the time I could walk and my grandpa taking me there until this day. Regardless Liberty High School is a state champion;)
Well under the guidelines set forth by this proposal Coleridge High School won the county baseball championship in 1958.

Last game their association allowed.

STATE CHAMPIONS! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT