ADVERTISEMENT

WSP @ Murphy Updates

Tarboro, Reidsville, and Wallace Rose Hill . They all won state championships and do have traditions. Reidsville is only one that has not been in 1A yet (I believe) and they may will be one day. All of those three schools have done well against mountain teams.

Tarboro, Reidsville, and Wallace Rose Hill . They all won state championships and do have traditions. Reidsville is only one that has not been in 1A yet (I believe) and they may will be one day. All of those three schools have done well against mountain teams.
Thomasville too has championships at all three levels. Though the “3A” one was in the WNCHSAA, so some people discount that. Take that one away and we have seven 1A and 2A trophies, starting with the eighties.

Reactions: mactazheels
I think East Surry is probably best 1a team in the State ,or atleast top 2 . But take 5 starters off that team and see what they do .

I think East Surry is probably best 1a team in the State ,or atleast top 2 . But take 5 starters off that team and see what they do .
Is this a joke? Take 5 starters off of any 1A team and see what they do. 1A ball in general does not have the depth to withstand that type of a hit.

Reactions: Swain97
Is this a joke? Take 5 starters off of any 1A team and see what they do. 1A ball in general does not have the depth to withstand that type of a hit.
What are you going to do next year and the year after that and so on. That's a way of life in the SMC.

Reactions: therealsquid
Swain has been beaten the last 3 or 4x they have faced teams in the top tier of the nwc and the mvac. They are certainly still good as is Murphy and Robbinsville..but honestly the current gap between the conferences isnt as pronounced as you Mtn fellas want to believe. You guys have an amazing history with legendary teams..but now there are other conferences now whose top tier teams rival you guys now and also bottom feeder teams in those conferences that are as good or better than your bottom teams currently. Between the 16 or so teams in the mvac and nwc only 3 or so are small 1a....Its gonna be waaaay harder to garner championships in big 1aa as you guys are collecting year in and year out playing small ball

Last edited:
Swain has been beaten the last 3 or 4x they have faced teams in the top tier of the nwc and the mvac. They are certainly still good as is Murphy and Robbinsville..but honestly the current gap between the conferences isnt as pronounced as you Mtn fellas want to believe. You guys have an amazing history with legendary teams..but now there are other conferences now whose top tier teams rival you guys now and also bottom feeder teams in those conferences that are as good or better than your bottom teams currently. Between the 16 or so teams in the mvac and nwc only 3 or so are small 1a....Its gonna be waaaay harder to garner championships in big 1aa as you guys are collecting year in and year out playing small ball
This isn't about NWNC vs WNC. That's a no-contest. This is about the constant chest beating of a few posters thinking that with one good season, they are the cream of the crop. I guess y'all forgot that East Surry made it thru the weakest 1a bracket since sub division started in 01.And to beat all, it took Mount Airy's best player getting hurt for the Cardinals to get there. I swear, those stupid North Stanly bandwagoneers weren't nearly this bad last year...

Maybe they (Swain) have been down but you guys still mention them in the same breath as Murphy and Robbinsville all the time. Mtn ball is legendary historically. But now teams from other regions have good football as well.

PLAYING SMALL BALL??? Come on man you do know that Robbinsville probably has the most consistency of producing winning teams with numbers in a high school less than 375 every year? Just keep jabbering and the SMC will just keep collecting those rings.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Dont take it personal dude Robbinsville has small enrollment..they play small ball meaning small 1a. Collect rings its great..btw it wasn't a knock on Robbinsville so loosen up panties bro. There will be no rings to be had by the SMC in 1aa. It's much harder. But yall still have a very good conference.

Dont take it personal dude Robbinsville has small enrollment..they play small ball meaning small 1a. Collect rings its great..btw it wasn't a knock on Robbinsville so loosen up panties bro. There will be no rings to be had by the SMC in 1aa. It's much harder. But yall still have a very good conference.

swains already got ring in 1aa.

I will say this, I live in a world where what you did yesterday much less year(s) ago don’t mean jack. WS Prep finished fourth in the NWC. East Surry and Mount Airy both beat them and ES flat out punk slapped them. Prep scoring that many against Murphy was very surprising. Prep has athletes as the Murphy folk now know. If they had a OL or DL then they go to the Hill and come home with a W. Murphy folks should consider themselves lucky that they didn’t get beat. That would have been as embarrassing as Avery beating East several years ago. Point I’m making is this, ALL teams have bad games and have strengths and weaknesses that gets exposed. Styles make fights. Stop with all the Mountain Football is the standard. Standard for who? Just y’all. The flatlanders (anyone who lives east of Black Mountain) as you call us, could care less about your standard.
Lol, standard for 1a football. Google it, read about it, then respond. Murphy doesn’t ever consider themselves lucky that they don’t get beat cause they feel they should never lose. #mtn football. Styles don’t make fights, I can whoop your *** and you can’t whoop mine ends fights. Thats kinda where you’re missing the point. Mtn teams don’t care about style, pt spreads, or all our D1 talent. We just care about kicking your ***!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT