ADVERTISEMENT

1A WS Prep gets another stud transfer

The have a 19 and under National Team ,a 17 and under National and I guess Mount Airy played the PeeWee National team. Or they lied about who they were. Take your pick.
Jan,2nd.... http://www.maxpreps.com/high-school...airy,nc)/basketball-winter-17-18/schedule.htm ... I just told it as it was scheduled !

The Australian National Team has multiple teams that are a different level of competition that plays schools from all over the United States. They do this annually and have for some time.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
This was a JV team that Mount Airy played last season, actually most JV teams would beat them and have. The better of the Australian teams played West Forsyth's girls last year and beat them pretty soundly.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
There is nothing "national" about these Australian teams. Last night Bishop played the Horizon Crocs. Horizon is a company in Australia that puts together packages for high school teams to come from Australia to various parts of the US to experience travel abroad, not to win games. The teams are affluent as the parents pay out of pocket to travel to the US for this once in a lifetime opportunity. Most games are rarely competitive even against low level 1A, they aren't meant to be. Just a nice way for kids to play against other kids from half way around the world.

Last edited:
https://australia.basketball/national-teams/
They should not be calling they're selves National Teams and schools should not be scheduling them as Australia National Teams. They also need to delete their website as it is all misleading. I just posted what was already posted on the schools that scheduled them. Take it up with someone else. I only reposted what I saw.

There is nothing misleading in the least. Last year they played Mt. Airy and the next night were scheduled to play Bishop. They are the Horizon Crocs playing exhibition games as part of these kids' trip to the US. Apparently they are very happy with the way they have been treated in the past which is why they are back. The Australian U-16 or U-17 teams would destroy both Mt. Airy and Bishop.

Hope they aren't bringing those giant spiders over here. Lol

200_d.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT