ADVERTISEMENT

WS Prep Coach Gould Steps Down

The only 2 games I watched WS Prep play this year, he looked very uninterested in coaching. He has had a great deal of success, partly because because WSPA gets to play by a different set of rules, but he’s still had success. I don’t think for 1 minute they would have won this years State Championship game, so he is fortunate to get go out on “top”.

Reactions: BK13T-$
The only 2 games I watched WS Prep play this year, he looked very uninterested in coaching. He has had a great deal of success, partly because because WSPA gets to play by a different set of rules, but he’s still had success. I don’t think for 1 minute they would have won this years State Championship game, so he is fortunate to get go out on “top”.

Prep would've been up to the challenge of winning another championship. We'll never know. Funny how the different set of rules comment isnt tossed around much when they get beat during football season. You'd been better just not complimenting his "success" if you're gonna side bar take a jab at him. I followed the program and was well aware of the many challenges and things he taught those young men off the court.

Prep would've been up to the challenge of winning another championship. We'll never know. Funny how the different set of rules comment isnt tossed around much when they get beat during football season. You'd been better just not complimenting his "success" if you're gonna side bar take a jab at him. I followed the program and was well aware of the many challenges and things he taught those young men off the court.

I don't think that is a jab just the truth.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Not sure who will be the next coach at WS Prep but Gould was just named the new head coach at Quality Education Academy, bringing his entire staff with him from Prep.

Also of note in the article, Gould was quoted, “Of course there are some kids locally who we think can play at the national level. We plan to assemble the best possible talent available.”

Last edited:
That has to be the worst introduction article ever. It seems the journalist had a bone to pick with the former coach. If he wanted to write an article about the previous coaches criminal record he had over 10 years to do so while the man was all coaching there. I feel bad for the new coach to have this associated with him.

Agreed. Had nothing to do with the articles intentions which I thought was introducing a new coach. Very tacky. We've been dissatisfied with the Journal here for awhile. Many of the journalist that once made this paper worth reading no longer work there.

I have heard that the former girls coach, last name Tibbs, is the new boys coach. I think he was on the boys staff for a few years before taking over the girls the past season or 2.

I promise if you could recruit from the tri county area here and play in 1a you’d win several boys and girls titles in basketball

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Personally I wish Atkins nor Walkertown didnt open because Carver wouldn't be 1A right now in that Tri-county area. I think WS Prep is needed but I wish that area didnt have open enrollment thats probably whats killing a lot of programs as well imo.

Reactions: Mhsneer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT