ADVERTISEMENT

WRH's backfield

dogs79

Nov 7, 2009
Teachey , NC
Got Kanye plus 20 lbs, Got Antwan Montgomery! A sophomore beast. He been working out with Javonte Williams and got similar talents and body. Got 230 lb Devin and Pearsal at QB and got a arm. Gonna be pretty good I think.

Reactions: UNC91
Got Kanye plus 20 lbs, Got Antwan Montgomery! A sophomore beast. He been working out with Javonte Williams and got similar talents and body. Got 230 lb Devin and Pearsal at QB and got a arm. Gonna be pretty good I think.
Sounds like the Dogs will be hard to beat this year.
I believe WRH had the same problems last season as my MH Cougars.
Both teams had tought schedules and by late season the injuries were to many to overcome. That's just how it goes some seasons.
I keep up with all the good 2a Eastern teams, it will be interesting to see if WRH or anyother teams will have anything for Northeastern , same thing in the West , will Reidsville have any compitition this coming season.

Reactions: dogs79
I think your right about WRH and 2a leaders. My buddy Goob said he was sitting out preps this year. Said loss to the Rams loss hurt to bad. Northeastern should be favorite from the east.

Last edited:
I think your right about WRH and 2a leaders. My buddy Goob said he was sitting out preps this year. Said loss to the Rams loss hurt to bad. Northeastern should be favorite from the east.

Goob has to realize it's an honor to be in that game with Riedsville. A lot of 2A schools in NC would gladly trade with him. Hold your head up Goob!! You still have a team that will contend.

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79

If we have a season. Herbsteit on ESPN says he doubts very seriously if there's a colleg nor Pro season. If they're not playing high schools won't be playing. I hate it but it's reality

Going to be a long year the rest of 2020. Next month Apri;l will be the longest in our lives.

too much money for there to be no pro or college fb.....the only year high school wasn't played at all in the state was 1918 (Spanish flu)......20 to 40 million died worldwide in that pandemic....this is bad but as of now this Wuhan Flu is not in the same league (as far as deaths go)....let's pray it stays that way.........

The road for the East will go through Elizabeth City next year. Clinton,WRH,SWO,SWE all fighting to get to championship game. Brackets and classification coming into factor as well.

The road for the East will go through Elizabeth City next year. Clinton,WRH,SWO,SWE all fighting to get to championship game. Brackets and classification coming into factor as well.
If there is a playoffand a season, you just mentioned 4 of the final 4 in the east

NE time has come and gone. They wont be in the conversation. SWO will have some pains as well if we cant find anyone to run the ball

Clinton only lost one OL from last year, so that talent returns, including 6'3 270lb rising junior Johnathon Blackmon who is also receiving D-1 interest, 6'1 305 rising junior Theodore Bennet, and his "little" brother 6'0 295 rising sophomore Hezekiah. We are also returning a 6'3 and 6'4 WR. Rising junior QB Blake Smith returns, who rushed for 600 and threw for 500 yards in the last 5 games of the season. Clinton is known for running the ball, so the rest of the backfield doesn't even have to be mentioned hehe. There are some other athletes to watch out for, but it's too much to type on this phone LOL! According to Coach Johnson on a recent interview with Highschoolot.com, the Dark Horses plan to air it out more this year. There were glimpses of that last season.

Last edited:
Heard today WRH lost Devin and Trenton to Harrells! This came from a family member. Hope they change their minds real soon.

Heard today WRH lost Devin and Trenton to Harrells! This came from a family member. Hope they change their minds real soon.
You way behind. Didn't say anything cause I not sure they leaving. BIG mistake if they do. Need to get another BULLDOG championship! Then, if they are the LEADERS they should be, they get there best offers. They played with these guys from beginning. They should do it with these guys. It's the only thing that makes sense to me

Well,it didn't happen. Several tried to convince these kids to stay and they didn't. We love these guys and I hope things work out. But,got to move on and work with what we got which is a very talented backfield and WRH team. One thing else I'm hearing is County is dragging their feet in allowing these kids to go back to work in a team atmosphere. I'm so tired of this liberal thinking age of the minority speaking for the majority. I had a person that I respect tell me a few years ago that one of the reasons he was leaving was because of leadership change and how I was become difficult to teach kids. Those #'s that someone posted on testing is atrocious. No excuses. We can't allow that from our county leaders. They're weak and letting everyone down. I've got a few of these kids working with me and they all have great parenting. I can depend on them. To be honest their families are from different income families, but all have simular values. So, my point is these kids don't give excuses , they earn it on their own. They came to me wanting to work. I have their parents support and respect. One other thing is let these coaches teach. Empower them by our communities support. Maybe I've got it wrong but we all should be involved with these kids and not stick a titty in there mouths when they make a mistake.

HCA is where there careers will end.Trent has the potential to play next level, he will dominate at HCA but no one will see it. This is dissapointing but if he dont want to be a dog then good ridence.

Clinton only lost one OL from last year, so that talent returns, including 6'3 270lb rising junior Johnathon Blackmon who is also receiving D-1 interest, 6'1 305 rising junior Theodore Bennet, and his "little" brother 6'0 295 rising sophomore Hezekiah. We are also returning a 6'3 and 6'4 WR. Rising junior QB Blake Smith returns, who rushed for 600 and threw for 500 yards in the last 5 games of the season. Clinton is known for running the ball, so the rest of the backfield doesn't even have to be mentioned hehe. There are some other athletes to watch out for, but it's too much to type on this phone LOL! According to Coach Johnson on a recent interview with Highschoolot.com, the Dark Horses plan to air it out more this year. There were glimpses of that last season.

It should be an interesting year for CHS. Lots of talent returning and some young players that should contribute as well.

HCA is where there careers will end.Trent has the potential to play next level, he will dominate at HCA but no one will see it. This is dissapointing but if he dont want to be a dog then good ridence.

It isn't like WRH is a college football factory. Other than Javonte and the kid going to Navy, what players has WRH placed in college in the last several years. CHS has put numerous players in various colleges at different levels. I'm pretty sure Harrells had a kid go to Coastal Carolina a couple of years ago and some others playing at D2 & D3 schools. The Laslo kid is going to ECU as a preferred walk-on this Fall. If the kid is good, the colleges will find him.

My two thoughts on the kids leaving WRH.

1.) There is someone better on the team that they don’t think they can start over.
2.) Them or their parents don’t get along with a coach on staff.

Don’t really see any other benefit in that situation

It should be an interesting year for CHS. Lots of talent returning and some young players that should contribute as well.

It isn't like WRH is a college football factory. Other than Javonte and the kid going to Navy, what players has WRH placed in college in the last several years. CHS has put numerous players in various colleges at different levels. I'm pretty sure Harrells had a kid go to Coastal Carolina a couple of years ago and some others playing at D2 & D3 schools. The Laslo kid is going to ECU as a preferred walk-on this Fall. If the kid is good, the colleges will find him.
Forgot several buuuud! Don't know what you talking about. Several more than you mentioned for my BULLDOGS.

My two thoughts on the kids leaving WRH.

1.) There is someone better on the team that they don’t think they can start over.
2.) Them or their parents don’t get along with a coach on staff.

Don’t really see any other benefit in that situation
You right Tiger! Community got to support coaches tho. I expect a high caliber offense this year. 3 and 25 would have shored up a quality defense.

I would respectfully disagree...think the Bowden kid went to App State later Fayetteville State Nate Irving going to NC State, think they had a couple kids go different places from those 09 and 2010 teams Glaspie going to ECU transfering to Fayetteville State Keyshawn Cannady going to ECU transferred after the coach left cant remember the school.....they have a pretty good history of kids playing college ball im pretty sure i left out like 5-10 kids. Those kickers from 09 team and 16 teams went and played somewhere aswell didnt they.

I would respectfully disagree...think the Bowden kid went to App State later Fayetteville State Nate Irving going to NC State, think they had a couple kids go different places from those 09 and 2010 teams Glaspie going to ECU transfering to Fayetteville State Keyshawn Cannady going to ECU transferred after the coach left cant remember the school.....they have a pretty good history of kids playing college ball im pretty sure i left out like 5-10 kids. Those kickers from 09 team and 16 teams went and played somewhere aswell didnt they.
Desmond Newkirk, Eric James,Walker Imwalle

Name some other d2 or d3 players from HCA. The Laslo kid would have had big offers if he would have came through WRH, I think. I would have loved for him to have been a dog.

one of the 3 kids went because of his grades, not going to mention which one, one of the others is his best friend, not sure why the other left.

Yea Nate Irving was a beast at NC State. Great guy too.

He should be conference player of the year. Looking for him to make a huge leap this year
He should be conference player of the year. Looking for him to make a huge leap this year
I imagine if COVID-19 wasn’t a factor and if he had been able to go to some camps this summer the offers might have already been on the table for him. He should definitely have the chance to go play after high school. Crucial year for him recruiting wise.

Jevonte Williams on the Doak Walker award watch list......hopefully their will be a season expecting big things from him congrats to the Wallace community making yall proud outstanding football player and more importantly student.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT