ADVERTISEMENT

WRH

Horses71

Aug 9, 2017
Everyone talks about Holley but every champion at WRH didn't have a Holley around. Stuart Ennis got this thing started and then got run out of town.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
I liked him also. One of the nicest people I know. I just felt like he was done wrong. Wasn't there two different booster clubs when he was there?

They should name something at Muli-name Stadium after Ennis. Everyone else has their name on something down there.

Reactions: dogs79
What about Thell Overman who coached Wray Carlton in HS @ W-RH back in the fifties. Overman was a great coach! He had great teams @ Legion Field also.

Ennis brought a championship. Period.
I always liked Coach Ennis and I served under him as team manager when I was in school. I heard there was some non- coaching issues that led to his leaving. I’m not gonna post anymore than that cause I don’t know many details and have no proof. Also I always liked him and have respect for him. I’m not 100% sure what happened but I guess it’s none of my business anyway. Yes he did win the first championship and raised the bar of expectations for the Bulldogs.
As for Coach Holley, he gets so much respect because he rebuilt our football program which had basically died off after the Coach Overman years. We were cup cakes thru the 1981 season which we went 2-8. In 1982 Coach Holley’s first WRH season we won the Div II East Championship. Co Holley saved, rebuilt and set the tone for where we are today.

What about Coach price seems y’all forgot about him he did win 5 titles there...Guess he dosent matter

What about Coach price seems y’all forgot about him he did win 5 titles there...Guess he dosent matter

nobody is knocking Coach Price. He will always be a Bulldog. But he left so we have to move on and we did. I love Price but Mott is a great fit here and i hope he is around so my son can play for him.

In 1982 coach Holley told the class of 86 players in a meeting at charity middle school in April / May of 1982 that we would help revive WRH football and start a tradition that would out last us all. He said that every little boy in Wallace would want to play in orange and black. That turned out to be true. The 94 teams were the little kids playing behind the bleachers in the late 80's and who along with stuart Ennis moved the program closer to what coach Holley had envisioned. Coach Price (a former Holley assistant) move to an even higher level using some of the same principals he learned under Holley. Motsinger is similar to a young Holley in the way he motivates kids. Mot interviewed to work at WRH under Holley right before he got the Kenan Job. Half the coaching staff are former Holley players or assistants. His vision has come to fruition all who follow him understand why he is held in high esteem.
Go talk to some of the coaches and listen to the stories and you will know why the legend is what it is.

Coach Overman coached one of the best players there I have ever seen. His name was Jimmy Jerome . Ran the single wing with perfection. He went on too become a star receiver at UNC in the early to mid 70s. He was drafted to NFL out in Cal. Got into a car accident and died. He was a stud player.

I remember Jimmy Jerome...played wingback at Carolina if I remember correctly...good ball player...that was long time ago (late 60's and early 70's)....didn't realize he had passed away........................I went to Guilford College with a guy named Randy Sides who played for Coach Overman at WRH in the mid 60's...he always spoke highly of him....................

Early 70's at UNC when Bill Dooley was coach. I really liked him and was upset when he went Va tech. It was he and JJ that made me a tar hill fan.

Jimmy Jerome probably the best all-around athlete to ever play at wrh. Was a standout in football, basketball, and baseball. I think he even ran track. They have an award every yr called the "Jimmy jeome" award at wrh for the most outstanding athlete.

I keep hearing this and that im hearing wrh gonna be sorry next year might win 5 games somebody told me that last night really all i keep hearing we wont have this one or that one,i thought when one leaves another steps up and take on the role of leader ,and go from there ,next year they gonna be just as good a team of mostly soph. And junior's tje speed they gonna have this year is gonna be unreal this probably gonna be one of the fastest teams i can remember since the drakeford and herring teams it was speed speed and more speed then with playmakers next year they gonna be just as fast...so kill all the noise listen forthose DOGS Growl !!!

I keep hearing this and that im hearing wrh gonna be sorry next year might win 5 games somebody told me that last night really all i keep hearing we wont have this one or that one,i thought when one leaves another steps up and take on the role of leader ,and go from there ,next year they gonna be just as good a team of mostly soph. And junior's tje speed they gonna have this year is gonna be unreal this probably gonna be one of the fastest teams i can remember since the drakeford and herring teams it was speed speed and more speed then with playmakers next year they gonna be just as fast...so kill all the noise listen forthose DOGS Growl !!!
y'all will not be sorry! you will probably do what you usually do and reload! i dont know where y'all always get these studs at RB lol.

Reactions: blackbulldog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT