ADVERTISEMENT

WRH vs Midway

Can't tell you any players Midways has, but they gave James Kenan a loss. WRH gave themselves a strong non conference, and there conference ain't bad. Wallace is still the best team in the east 2a, but they may be still feeling the effects of that brutal non conference. I would not be surprised if Midway makes this a game. They definitely have a punchers chance.

Reactions: Zues21 and dogs79
In my honest and humble opinion, I feel like Midway can compete. Going to take a flawless game from them and an off game for WRH for David to slay Goliath, though. As a Midway fan, I'll count it a victory if the Raiders can keep the margin at no worse than two touchdowns. I think Midway is better than several across these boards give them credit for but I still think they're just shy of upsetting the Dogs.

Reactions: dogs79
Midway could very well beat WRH. The game is at home for them and they are coming off a drubbing of the tiggers. That’s a huge win for their program and they should be super confident. They are undefeated, riding high and WRH isn’t as strong this year but are still a pretty good team. I expect Coach Mot to have some tough practices this week after that crappy game against Goldsboro. I believe WRH wins but won’t be as easy as some think.

I think the overall team speed WRH has will be a little too much. Seems Midway has a good run/pass balance so that might give the WRH defense some trouble early on but I do not think they will be able to outscore the Dogs.

I still don't think we can base anything off of the JK win as I just do not think they are very good this year regardless of their overall record.

Reactions: bud33345 and dogs79
I agree it's hard basing much off a win against James Kenan. I can say however Midway is better than them by allot of points. They are undefeated, which means there better they everyone they played. WRH has some losses on the resume, sooo basd on those facts. There is potential for a game. Midway has an old school tradition. They have produced a nice team here and there. At Midway to! It could happen.

Midway could very well beat WRH. The game is at home for them and they are coming off a drubbing of the tiggers. That’s a huge win for their program and they should be super confident. They are undefeated, riding high and WRH isn’t as strong this year but are still a pretty good team. I expect Coach Mot to have some tough practices this week after that crappy game against Goldsboro. I believe WRH wins but won’t be as easy as some think.
Sorry driu. Don't agree with you about dogs not being as strong. Just not jelling yet.

Unless Midway wins the turnover battle and gets pristine scoring chances, I don't see the dogs having any trouble with Midway. The dogs have too much team speed on both sides of the ball. Its gonna prove to be too much for the Raiders. They may get some big pass plays early out of the spread but coach Mots will shut that down pretty easily. 35-7 dogs.

I'm not sure what kind of dogs we going to get. Dogs are ultra talented. Morale seems to be a little down. Looks like we making things hard on ourselves. If we get in that right mentality,Dogs can run the table. I'm guessing the dogs will come together and play like we can. Dogs 42-21

Hopefully the qb situation will be straight by Friday. I think WRH wins big. Midway hasn’t seen a defense like they will see Friday. 55-14

I've been curious to see what Midway does the rest of the season because I've never see a team ranked with such a difference in different rankings. While some teams may be in the top 10 in one ranking but not the others thier usually in the top 15 in the others at least. But Midway while #8 this week in the NCHSAA adjusted rankings is #32 in the Maxprep and #40 in the Simmons rankings and it's been that ways for a few weeks. I guess this game will adjust everyone closer one way or another.

Unless Midway wins the turnover battle and gets pristine scoring chances, I don't see the dogs having any trouble with Midway. The dogs have too much team speed on both sides of the ball. Its gonna prove to be too much for the Raiders. They may get some big pass plays early out of the spread but coach Mots will shut that down pretty easily. 35-7 dogs.

Honestly I don’t think we have all that much speed this year compared to the last few years. Now Kanye is fast when he gets the open field but that’s not been as often as hoped. After replacing most of the guys on the lines from last year we just aren’t getting much blocking to get him free. If Midway can pass at all we will be in a tough battle because as usual our dbs can’t cover for very long. That goes back to our line play that hasn’t been getting much penetration to the qb lately. We definitely need to get our crap together and very soon with the tougher games looming on the horizon.

Honestly I don’t think we have all that much speed this year compared to the last few years. Now Kanye is fast when he gets the open field but that’s not been as often as hoped. After replacing most of the guys on the lines from last year we just aren’t getting much blocking to get him free. If Midway can pass at all we will be in a tough battle because as usual our dbs can’t cover for very long. That goes back to our line play that hasn’t been getting much penetration to the qb lately. We definitely need to get our crap together and very soon with the tougher games looming on the horizon.
I may be wrong, but aside from a skill position player or two, Midway is lacking speed at QB, LB, and the secondary compared to the dogs. On film Midway looks like they have bricks strapped to their feet compared to what I see from WRH. Oh, and easy on those spring Creek gators on the other thread, you know they are a endangered species these days. A conservation group needs to step in and help their numbers. Lol. I hope they can hang on!

Last edited:
At the jk game vs midway... midway will get creamed by Wallace. Midway will not be able to stop wallace at all. And Wallace has enough athletes across the board to shut down midway on offense. Wallace gets it done 55-7

Reactions: Tiger_Pride31
Eerily similar to their start in 2013 i feel like it could potentially play out the sameway.....i think Midway will put up a good fight but ultimately just to many athletes to deal with for Wallace....35-17 Wallace pulls away late

Midway just had field repaired. Band competition prior Saturday with the rain hurt the field conditions. Heard they sunk $4k into repairing it for this game. Midway getting serious.

Midway just had field repaired. Band competition prior Saturday with the rain hurt the field conditions. Heard they sunk $4k into repairing it for this game. Midway getting serious.

Hopefully this isnt as anti climatic as it seems and its actually a good game cause if Wallace goes out there and blows them out of the water its going worth a chuckle

Hopefully this isnt as anti climatic as it seems and its actually a good game cause if Wallace goes out there and blows them out of the water its going worth a chuckle

I’m going to disagree with you that a blowout would be worth a chuckle. The only people hyping this game are the ones on these boards and the media. Sure there is excitement in the air for a previously mediocre Midway team to be 7-0, but the coaches and players themselves have said they know the challenge that lies ahead Friday night. Their goal is to just go in and compete and give themselves some extra motivation going forward and beyond this game.

Regarding the $4k for the field, it was pretty heavily damaged after the band competition last week. A large chunk of it had to be replaced/repaired. None of that has to do with this game. All of it was to just get the field usable again.

I’m going to disagree with you that a blowout would be worth a chuckle. The only people hyping this game are the ones on these boards and the media. Sure there is excitement in the air for a previously mediocre Midway team to be 7-0, but the coaches and players themselves have said they know the challenge that lies ahead Friday night. Their goal is to just go in and compete and give themselves some extra motivation going forward and beyond this game.

Regarding the $4k for the field, it was pretty heavily damaged after the band competition last week. A large chunk of it had to be replaced/repaired. None of that has to do with this game. All of it was to just get the field usable again.

As a Midway supporter how do you feel about the latest story in the independent that basically disregarded Midway's success in Baseball(State Championships) mens golf(State Championship) softball, womens basketball in recent years saying this Friday is the biggest thing to happen in Spiveys Corner in years....in football yes but Midway has had success in a number of athletics in recent seasons

I hadn’t even seen it until you said something. I mean, I don’t see how the article takes away from those other sports when it specifically says in the opening paragraph “in perhaps the programs biggest football game in several years.”

Regardless, I’m hoping for a competitive football game Friday night. I mean, it’s my belief that WRH beats Midway. I’ve said that since last week. I just hope it’s a good, close, respectable game. Midway should get a clear answer on how they stack up with the rest of the conference.

I hadn’t even seen it until you said something. I mean, I don’t see how the article takes away from those other sports when it specifically says in the opening paragraph “in perhaps the programs biggest football game in several years.”

Regardless, I’m hoping for a competitive football game Friday night. I mean, it’s my belief that WRH beats Midway. I’ve said that since last week. I just hope it’s a good, close, respectable game. Midway should get a clear answer on how they stack up with the rest of the conference.

"This is particularly exciting because it isn’t often that Sampson County athletics takes front and center to statewide media organizations such as WRAL, among others. Occasionally, Sampson County athletes, teams, and coaches earn awards that earn them the spotlight. Such is frequently the case at Clinton where the Dark Horses have recently churned out top athletes like Mikayla Boykin and Mohamed Kaba, and when they’re winning championships with their women’s basketball team, men’s soccer team, and men’s tennis team. Also, Brad Spell earning several coaching awards the past year and half can’t be omitted.

"But for Midway, the spotlight hasn’t been on them at this magnitude in quite some time"

That last part totally disregarded the success of other sports especially those that won state championships

And hopefully not taking it as hating on Midway i spoke very positive of them preseason saying i felt they were 2-3 years away from being very good and still my opinion they are a year away but it could be here now we will find out Friday. Speaks highly of the kids and especially the coaching staff quite a turnaround Cory Barnes more than likely early favorite for Conference Coach of the Year.....i been hearing from a co worker Jamie Warren for the last year or so that this is coming i guess he use to coach alot of those kids and he mentioned if those kids stay together,keep playing that they could do something....That JV game Thursday night should be a good one.

Reactions: Super6Fan
I’m not sure why we’re breaking down the nuts and bolts of a newspaper story? I personally did not feel like those other sports were being disregarded. But, if that’s what you think? I guess I’m more interested in why a Clinton comparison was even mentioned?

I’m not sure why we’re breaking down the nuts and bolts of a newspaper story? I personally did not feel like those other sports were being disregarded. But, if that’s what you think? I guess I’m more interested in why a Clinton comparison was even mentioned?

Writer was just mentioning successful Sampson county teams in all sports i thought Midway baseball should of been mentioned thats all just wanted a Midway guys opinion you gave it moving on

Reactions: Super6Fan
I know you’re not hating on them. I guess the blowout and chuckling comment just struck a nerve because I have family on the team and grew up with some of the coaches and fellow parents of the players so I know the hard work they are putting in.

Regarding the article, I get what you’re saying, but I didn’t detect those sports purposefully being disregarded. I thought for the most part it was well written.

Again, I fully anticipate WRH getting the win Friday night. Hope I’m wrong, but, realistically I’m hoping Midway can be competitive and keep it close.

Good luck to Clinton on Friday night!

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Most interesting thing I found from that article were the comments about "owing" some people and saying the result last year with the Dogs was because of the hurricane and "messed up" scheduling.

I admire the enthusiasm, but I also remember in 2001 when WRH dropped to 1A and Midway came to town undefeated (8-0) with a lot of confidence and were defeated pretty easily 42-14. Long time ago yes, but I think the result could very easily be the same.

Again, I think Midway will have a hard time stopping WRH on offense and I just do not think the schedule they have played is very good at all. An average team could be undefeated with who they have played.

Most interesting thing I found from that article were the comments about "owing" some people and saying the result last year with the Dogs was because of the hurricane and "messed up" scheduling.

I admire the enthusiasm, but I also remember in 2001 when WRH dropped to 1A and Midway came to town undefeated (8-0) with a lot of confidence and were defeated pretty easily 42-14. Long time ago yes, but I think the result could very easily be the same.

Again, I think Midway will have a hard time stopping WRH on offense and I just do not think the schedule they have played is very good at all. An average team could be undefeated with who they have played.
Bulldogs sure can run the ball.

Super6Fan how do u like your new AD? He is a former Dark Horse but will bleed royal blue and white as long as you’ll have him. He is a great dude. He will be great for your athletics.

Ummm so much for that JV game....52-12 WRH
Ouch. Just something in the water over there in Duplin County.
Super6Fan how do u like your new AD? He is a former Dark Horse but will bleed royal blue and white as long as you’ll have him. He is a great dude. He will be great for your athletics.
I've spoke to him a few times and I agree with you. He's a solid guy.

Yeah i thought it would be a better game base off what i had heard but just credit to that football factory at WRH....on the JV side looks like its WRH vs ED for conference no other seems to be remotely close

Reactions: oldway55
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT