ADVERTISEMENT

Wrh Vs East Duplin

blackbulldog

Dec 7, 2014
With County Bragging Rights On The Line ,After Two Impressive Wins By The Dogs And ED These Two Behemoths Meet On The Gridiron Next Fri Night . Who U Rolling With?
Dogs Or Panthers!!

Ive Got The Dogs 13-10 i see a good defensive battle for 4 qtrs.not alot of poins scored.

im not going to overlook anyone, so after we play Ashley Friday night ill talk about this (next week's) game.

Wallace is open this weekend ! Thats why i started the thread this week!!! So we can talk bulldog .I hope yall beat Ashley.

Skipping JK Clinton to watch this game is a no brainer. Only thing I can predict this is gonna be one hell of a battle.

Dctiger it is gonna be a battle. I only gave wallace the edge at home. It will not be alot of points scored tbis game.. At all..

Skipping JK Clinton to watch this game is a no brainer. Only thing I can predict this is gonna be one hell of a battle.
i just hope our star running back is back. Benson should be back that game. (sprained ankle a couple of games ago)

Last edited:
Standing room only probably a hour before kick off. No doubt in my mind this will set a attendance record. Don't know if WRH could bring in additional bleachers but it would be nice.

Good luck finding parking I thought I was early for the Clinton vs Wallace game last year ended up having to park down the street in this church parking lot

Yep standing room only i dont now if wallace gonna bring in the more bleachers they can it just cost to much to rent em

Standing room only probably a hour before kick off. No doubt in my mind this will set a attendance record. Don't know if WRH could bring in additional bleachers but it would be nice.
i know right. i have great respect for the WRH football program, but imo they have the worst parking of any school i have been to. its terrible.

i park behind andy's usually. needless to say i usually get blocked in by 4 or 5 cars.

Does anyone know how long WRH has played at Legion? A ton of land around the high school for them to build a new facility. However I doubt they ever do considering the history and home field advantage they have at Legion.

Can you envision a football field without sounds? Its impossible! Its impossible not to hear any sounds during a football game... The players are running, panting, and yelling across the field while others are pushing and hitting. Some of them are taunting and trash talking each other. One coach and his assistants stand on one side facing the other coach who stare right back. They are giving directions to the players, yelling and shouting at them. Sometimes they clap their hands in satisfaction, other times they're throwing things In disgust.

In addition to all this, the fans are sitting on the bleachers screaming and jawing at the players. They also drum their feet on the bleachers. Some of them are lost in conversation, and others are chasing their children. Sometimes, they try to give directions to the players and support them with ooohs and ahs. Cheerleaders from both teams dance and chant and encourage the players and fans. Following them are the bands with their music and drums. And the announcers fill the whole field with their high voices meant to tell the players, coaches, and the fans the score. After a while, the referee signals the end of the game with his whistle and... silence.

Not next Friday night. Next Friday will be different. The fans will file into legion field, half in orange, half in blue. There will be some pre game jawing but not much. Not because there isn't confidence... no, because there is respect. Respect for what the kids before now accomplished on and off the field.

Next Friday will be different. The sounds will be different. Next Friday there will be no lost conversations during play. No running after children... because even the youngest fans in Duplin County know what this game means. Next Friday all eyes will be on the game. Every snap, every play. This game divides families. Just ask our coach. He played for WRH. Watched his father pour his soul into the program... now he coaches the Panthers. This game will be talked about at the Thanksgiving table, the Christmas gatherings, this game is for pride. For bragging rights.

Make no mistake. This will be a war. Kids will hit harder, run faster and execute better than they ever have. Coaches will coach harder and families will become involved. Everyone knows there is a chance This game will be talked about by kids who havent been born yet. It's a war. It will divide us... And when it's over there will be no winners, only survivors.

are we talking about the same church? I didn't get chargedtht are making a killing cause I wanna say there was anywhere from 20-30 cars parked there aswell....maybe I was one of the lucky ones
I guarantee that man is out there taking money next Friday haha. Yes you got lucky

I guarantee that man is out there taking money next Friday haha. Yes you got lucky
Y'all park on the side of the street on the other side of the field. Get there by 530_600 and you'll park for free and be relatively close to the home gate. Damn I didn't know the church folk were hitting y'all up for ten bucks a car. I wouldn't pay it. You can walk a block or so and spend that money on concessions

Went to the ED Ashley Game!Was Impressed by #1 #9 And the catch made by my nephew #15 one handed catch. Next week ita gonna be a barn burner if u dont have anything to do come check this game out Best In The State!!! Other Than James Kenan vs Wallace !!!

Went to the ED Ashley Game!Was Impressed by #1 #9 And the catch made by my nephew #15 one handed catch. Next week ita gonna be a barn burner if u dont have anything to do come check this game out Best In The State!!! Other Than James Kenan vs Wallace !!!
with JK being a little down this year, this will be the best rivalry game in Duplin County this year.

I got to see ED play last night against Ashley. They did what ever they wanted to do against them but im still not that impressed. They have speed at the skilled positions but not alot of depth. Kicker is good and the QB is their best player. But i dont think they will beat WRH at home. Not going to predict a score but it wont be as close as some think.

Wow b22 i was at the game. Game last night also #9. #15 #1 impressed me overall i wasnt impressed i still have a 3 point victory either team 10-7or 13-10.

I can't believe you pick that crap of a pick blackdog.especially after you talked at the grocery store. Im changing my pick also. 31-10 dogs.

31- 10 wallace i will say this after seeing that defense last night its stout,dogs79 i know what we talked about at the grocery store the offense has some impressive backs. Over there as well as wallace. Both defenses gonna play beyond and above. Whats expected cause both teams wanna win.that bad, i still think wallace gonna win.home field advantage.by a blow out hope so if not i still say 3 points...

I got to see ED play last night against Ashley. They did what ever they wanted to do against them but im still not that impressed. They have speed at the skilled positions but not alot of depth. Kicker is good and the QB is their best player. But i dont think they will beat WRH at home. Not going to predict a score but it wont be as close as some think.
QB is not our best player. youre judging by one game lol. our best player didnt even play. he hasnt played the last three games. but he will be back for the WRH game ready to go.

I can't believe you pick that crap of a pick blackdog.especially after you talked at the grocery store. Im changing my pick also. 31-10 dogs.
youre severely underestimating our team speed. you will see Friday.

Dogs win 17-7 defensive dominated game #3 for WRH will be the difference

ED Dont think we not as good as yall are now nobody is underestimating noone at all ,i heard some of the Ed fans saying yall gonna blow us out even some said we not as good as everyone thinks, last night at yall game.were all fans and we gonna talk smack all in love for our teams,and we over hear in wallace we saying the sme thing. Now of course i went to wallace and hope they win and i have family on the Ed Team so i cant say to much its only bragging rights. Fun talk. All the smack we talk means nothing its all settled on the field. Go!Dogs

This is a big game for both teams but i think its important to keep it in perspective, It is a midseason regular season game. Not that its meaningless but there is a rest of the regular season, conference championship, and more importantly, the playoffs where the ECC has a long history of matching up with one another often deep in the playoffs where if you lose there is no tomorrow, Iregardless of what happens Friday night there WILL be a tomorrow, Best of luck to both the Bulldogs and the Panthers!:)

Last edited:
Starting back and sometimes starting safety. Around These Parts We Call Him. Mr. Williams!!!

True Wizard But this is a huge game and of course we fans take duplin county football serouisly thats all playoffs are a ways away now we not saying wallace gonna walk to the ship,but we just enjoy fan talk. Thats all.. Rivarly games bring that kinda talk out of you.

True Wizard But this is a huge game and of course we fans take duplin county football serouisly thats all playoffs are a ways away now we not saying wallace gonna walk to the ship,but we just enjoy fan talk. Thats all.. Rivarly games bring that kinda talk out of you.
i agree with you and wiz both. regardless of what happens both teams should have a very good season and have a lot of football left to play. and about the ED fans talking that smack about WRH being overrated or whatever, im not one of them. i know how hard it is to beat WRH. you guys have an excellent team almost every year. i think WRH are the favorites for sure, but only slightly. may the best team win!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT