ADVERTISEMENT

wrh-princeton

olddog77

Sep 6, 2009
wrh and princeton square off this friday night at the dogpound. in my opinion, the winner represents the east two wks later in raleigh. opinions and predictions? im taking wrh in an explosive slobberknocker 41-35!

Bulldogs by 7.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Decent QB who's a great game manager...sure handed receivers that run good routes, an average oline that plays very well together. Defensively their front 6-7 are probably the best they've had since the 80's. Athletically Wallace has the upper hand.

Princeton 35, WRH 28 Princeton's offense is very explosive, their scores happen very quick. This will put their defense on the field 60 - 65 percent of the game. That will work in wallace's favor, they like the ball control running game. Having seen both teams this year play my tigers, I think Princeton will subdue wallace's outside running attack enough to win a close one.

take frasier out its really really ugly. WRH just too strong acrosd the board.

This should be a whale of a ball game. Wallace-RH has more actual football players than Princeton but the ones Princeton has are superior to any 1-A team in the state. W-RH has one advantage in playing at Legion stadium is different than playing anywhere else. It will come down to which offense can control the ball, Princeton will have to use Johnny Frasier more than usual so he will have to stand up to the challenge, they need a good game from their QB & receiver. Princeton's defense has been maligned for giving up so many points but they can create havoc when need be, they have an excellent front plus two very good linebackers. Whack can get in a teams backfield and destroy a play before it begins. On the other hand W-RH has one of the best defensive linemen you will see in Jack Holley's grandson, plus they can come at you in waves of fleet running backs. They love the jet sweep and have the kids to run it. You will get your money's worth from this one.

The ones they have? you mean the one they have in frasier is superior to any 1a player in tbe state.. not others.

Although I agree griddie that Princeton not Princeton without Frasier but the QB and Whack would start anywhere in 1A.

im with above post...im pulling for the bulldogs. 2 very good ballteams and home field may be the advantage.

Looking forward to making this trip. Princeton will show the world Friday night! Frasier will unleash the pain! Bow wow wow!

Princeton's balance on offense may be the difference

but wrh has a quick defense

only question is wrh offense. I was at the rosewood game. the qb for wrh was a non factor

the big question. the wrh qb looks like a good athlete. if they decide to let their qb be an offensive weapon, they could be much better on offense. be it running or passing the unknown. quess we'll see

WRh starting QB #5 bobby mckinsey has been out since the Clinton game with a foot injury and probably won't be back for the playoffs this really hurts WRH in my opinion the other kid playing now #7 has thrown a lot of interceptions what few times they have thrown the ball this is not a rumor I talked to some asst. coaches and they said he was getting rehab on the foot but no one knows for sure if he can make it back.

I don't understand what the heck you mean by this statement please break it down so someone on my level can understand.

The idea of hosting the Eastern Championship against JK at Wallace will numb the pain. Not a subtle jab at the kid or WRH. Don't be so sensitive. Hope JK and WRH make it and the kid is ok.

I,m not being over sensitive just trying to understand where you are coming from, my point is talking to those who are supposed to know doesn,t sound like he'll be back, if his foot injury doesn,t heal in time he won't be back as far as a possible rematch for the east champ. it,s a bad time for your starter at quarterback to be out not practicing, sounds to me like even if he is back he won't be anywhere near 100%. I realize you can't use it as an excuse it is what it is everyone has injured platers this time of year.

I see this one boiling down to two things. Can Wallace keep Princeton's offense from hitting the big "havoc" plays, and can Princeton's stout defensive front contain Wallace's running game? Princeton had a tough time keeping James Kenan in check on the edges, and in my opinion Wallace is better at running to the edge. Wallace prides itself on playing sound fundamental defense that keeps teams in third and long situations. This game is a toss up. But everyone knows that when you play in Wallace the ball takes funky bounces and often lands in a sea of orange...

i simply do not understand favoring anyone on the east besides WRH, james kenan and Tarboro with their histories. no offense to princeton or anyone else in the east but until someone can get by that trio then they are the top dogs.

Griddie, have you seen Princeton play? If you think that Frasier is the only decent player they have you haven't seen the same team I have. The QB is a small college prospect and Whack is the 2nd best back in the conference. They have one of the best tight ends I have seen this year. On defense, Whack can disrupt any offense and their line is very physical. I do think the advantage goes to W-RH playing at Legion Stadium, ball does seem to bounce their way when they need it and I dont know how Princeton will handle the speed on the sweeps. Probably will give up the pass to stop the sweep. Can W-RH stop Frasier if Princeton turns him loose and lets him carry the ball 25-30 times and gives it to him in crucial situations. If they had done this against JK they definitely would have beaten them. This ought to be a good one.

I agree bearcat, you can't discount what Princeton's offense can do. Without Frasier they'd be a third round team they might not be top dog material but they are the best they've been in a long time. No matter which bulldogs team pulls through they will be likely be favored in the fourth round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT