ADVERTISEMENT

WRH Coach Mott

He should be the 2A coach of the year! Give him the nudge over a few others including Clay Lewis from Hibriten who has chipped away.

Love talking football with him.

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
Mott= first year at WRH first year back in 2a and still won the State Championship. Not to bad for his first year with this group. Many said WRH wouldnt compete in 2a i guess he proved them all wrong. Not to mention he beat a defending and unbeaten previous 2a champ in Reidsville.

MOTT hands down

Mott= first year at WRH first year back in 2a and still won the State Championship. Not to bad for his first year with this group. Many said WRH wouldnt compete in 2a i guess he proved them all wrong. Not to mention he beat a defending and unbeaten previous 2a champ in Reidsville.

MOTT hands down

This^^^^^^

Reactions: daagoob

MOTT hands down

Anyone who said a 3 time defending State Champion couldn't compete in 2A obviously had no clue. And that's regardless of wether or not WRH won yesterday or not.

Well coach price took a 2-10 team to back to back titles. Then won three in a row 5 titles in 8 years . They returned 16 seniors on this team if you couldn’t win with them you need to quit coaching ....

Well coach price took a 2-10 team to back to back titles. Then won three in a row 5 titles in 8 years . They returned 16 seniors on this team if you couldn’t win with them you need to quit coaching ....

you must have bumped your head.

Reactions: dogs79
These kids won three in a row every one knew they were gonna win it again reguardless of classification

These kids won three in a row every one knew they were gonna win it again reguardless of classification
Don't know about that. Coach Mott put his name on this team. There is no bigger fan of coach Price than me,but Kevin is the leader now. You have to give him credit. Just like there are those who would have blamed him if we would have lost. I've always felt it starts at the top.

Reactions: aftermath
Harding coach should be COY. Playing in 4a, multiple players playing both ways. Difficult conditions at Harding. End the season with a ring. Priceless

Reactions: gdawg74
Coach Lewis took a group of young fire-pissers, exercised a little initiative and Kicked A55!!! Most of this group will return next year! He knocked off Shelby, 4 time defending state champs, then took these kids to the Big Game and defeated ED, who beat WRH. Clearly, Clay Lewis should be coach of the year!!!

Coach Lewis took a group of young fire-pissers, exercised a little initiative and Kicked A55!!! Most of this group will return next year! He knocked off Shelby, 4 time defending state champs, then took these kids to the Big Game and defeated ED, who beat WRH. Clearly, Clay Lewis should be coach of the year!!!
What's crazy is Eanes won coach of the year in the NW2A. I know he battled through adversity but dang I thought Coach Lewis had his best year coaching this year.

My vote would be for Mike Hobgood, South Granville. He had a major heart attack half way through the season and was able to return to lead his team to the 3rd round of the 2AA playoffs.

Reactions: tarheelg and dogs79
Mott did an outstanding job this year..... Many teams including EDuplin had over 15 starters returning, but to win your first year is still a feat. Price did an outstanding job at WRH and I will consider him as the best ever at WRH. Mott will continue to make his mark, such a good dude. He brought JK out of the ashes to become a powerhouse... He will continue to do great things at WRH, I don't believe we will make it to the eastern regionals next year. Next year it will be NE year to take on Reidsville in the championship.

Our coach did an outstanding job this year, which was his very first as a head coach. The future is very bright for the Black Knights!!

Reactions: Otis4411
I love the enthusiasm of Coach Mott....I didn't know if I was watching football games or marine drill practice...I believe that was the reason why I started attending WRH games after I moved down here...

Reactions: Otis4411
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT