ADVERTISEMENT

WOW! New Bern Bears.

ruleman77

Jul 27, 2016
We all setting around talking football in the hotel lobby,and the nc prep showed d bears score.and oh Mr. Football Friday said they have more [problem than Kim Kardashian and Kanye West does in there marriage.

Game was called due to lightning. WC was up two scores. Game will resume Monday. New Bern added 3 more 1st half turnovers to go along with their 6 last week. NB is without two o linemen, starting QB and RB. Tough to watch.

Well last year's Havelock game we were forced to go without Debo and play a backup Qb. He went out and did a good job. Enabled us to use Debo in different positions. Made us a better team in my opinion. I'll be there Monday night. 7 o'clock?

Well last year's Havelock game we were forced to go without Debo and play a backup Qb. He went out and did a good job. Enabled us to use Debo in different positions. Made us a better team in my opinion. I'll be there Monday night. 7 o'clock?

Don't do it, look away!

Hey Otis look for me on the sidelines. I've got a new cell #. Pack looked good tonight I hear.
Which sideline are you going to be on?? You making a switch?? ;) Finley looked more in command of the offense and did a better job than McClendon. Jalen did do a better job in the 4th when he got another chance. Defense I thought allowed too much.

Game was called due to lightning. WC was up two scores. Game will resume Monday. New Bern added 3 more 1st half turnovers to go along with their 6 last week. NB is without two o linemen, starting QB and RB. Tough to watch.

I told you it was going to be tough for you to watch. This Eagles- New Bern game should have never been moved to Thursday. I guess they made the call based on how much rain we could get from this storm. Hopefully the field will hold up ok for 2 qtrs. They could always move the game to West Craven to play it out. Can you imagine the excuses on here if they did that? Already sounds like half the team missed the game from last week. Get up this morning and find out a D-lineman went out last night as well as 1 O-lineman and Claron Mims laid the wood on the New Bern Qb. Good thing is he has a few days to lick his wounds (its what bears do) and get him some more.. No mention of West Craven miscues that kept this game from being 30-0. Don't forget boys West Craven is a 2A school playing their last year in 3A conf. Hows that for excuses?? You got next year to look forward too as we lose all these seniors. By then you'll have no memory of this beat down.

Didn't see a lot of miscues for WC. Arthur threw it directly to a NB player on the first play from scrimmage for WC, and I mean right in his chest, dropped. Easy pick 6 to get some momentum. When I say it's hard to watch, I'm talking about us. No running lanes and absolutely no time to throw. There's not many excuses, we're not very good, pretty simple. The first punt of the game for us, multiple WC players unblocked en route to a blocked punt. Then a snap 5 feet over the punters head which gave WC the ball inside the 10. Bears have 9 turnovers in their last 6 quarters of football, not going to beat anyone giving the ball away like that.

Didn't see a lot of miscues for WC. Arthur threw it directly to a NB player on the first play from scrimmage for WC, and I mean right in his chest, dropped. Easy pick 6 to get some momentum. When I say it's hard to watch, I'm talking about us. No running lanes and absolutely no time to throw. There's not many excuses, we're not very good, pretty simple. The first punt of the game for us, multiple WC players unblocked en route to a blocked punt. Then a snap 5 feet over the punters head which gave WC the ball inside the 10. Bears have 9 turnovers in their last 6 quarters of football, not going to beat anyone giving the ball away like that.
Finally some honesty about the situation! Kudos to you. NB will be back but in order to get back everyone on the staff needs to accept the state of the program and I'm sure the HC will do that in time when he recovers from his health issues. NB has had a great run only looking up to MC, Havelock and Crest IMO.

Figured the proof was in the pudding. Just having fun with folks that are getting their jabs in. The talent level coming out of middle school is actually better this year which is a good sign. Will be a rough few years but it makes you really appreciate how hard it is to compete and win a championship year in and year out.

Figured the proof was in the pudding. Just having fun with folks that are getting their jabs in. The talent level coming out of middle school is actually better this year which is a good sign. Will be a rough few years but it makes you really appreciate how hard it is to compete and win a championship year in and year out.

Yea and that's all I'm doing. Just jabbing. Try being in our shoes and keep up with the Havelock's and New Bern's. I think we done pretty good over the years. I hate to see us drop down to 2A next year but its where we belong. always struggled with the numbers. I was told Arthur didn't start out great. Also missed a wide open Abrams for a td. He lives behind me. I may have to go get him tomorrow and take a little ride give him a pep talk. lol Good kid really. It thrills me to see him have so much success. Hopefully nobody get's hurt on that wet field Monday.

Yea and that's all I'm doing. Just jabbing. Try being in our shoes and keep up with the Havelock's and New Bern's. I think we done pretty good over the years. I hate to see us drop down to 2A next year but its where we belong. always struggled with the numbers. I was told Arthur didn't start out great. Also missed a wide open Abrams for a td. He lives behind me. I may have to go get him tomorrow and take a little ride give him a pep talk. lol Good kid really. It thrills me to see him have so much success. Hopefully nobody get's hurt on that wet field Monday.

We actually covered Abrams and company pretty well. He had a guy deep once but overthrew him. If not for the snap over the punters head that was downed at the New Bern 6-yard line, we're looking at a 8-0 game at halftime. The Bears started the ball deep in their own territory with about 90 seconds left in 2nd quarter, a couple of long bombs had them inside the red-zone before the thunder hit. NB is beat up pretty bad so guys have to grow up really quick and step up.

I've got no problem with West Craven having success, just makes Craven County football that much better.

We actually covered Abrams and company pretty well. He had a guy deep once but overthrew him. If not for the snap over the punters head that was downed at the New Bern 6-yard line, we're looking at a 8-0 game at halftime. The Bears started the ball deep in their own territory with about 90 seconds left in 2nd quarter, a couple of long bombs had them inside the red-zone before the thunder hit. NB is beat up pretty bad so guys have to grow up really quick and step up.

I've got no problem with West Craven having success, just makes Craven County football that much better.

If you started naming the names of top talent from Craven County it would be an interesting list and a long one!

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
Which sideline are you going to be on?? You making a switch?? ;) Finley looked more in command of the offense and did a better job than McClendon. Jalen did do a better job in the 4th when he got another chance. Defense I thought allowed too much.

Not switching sidelines just taking some pics. I'll come over and look for you at halftime which will be 9 whole seconds after the game starts Monday. You know I love NB through good or bad. I've only been in NB since 2010 and my boys played from 2010-2014. Amazing run that can't be sustained forever, but they'll right the ship in due time. That you can take to the bank.

In the 5 seasons my sons played they own 5 conference championships, 2 east championships, 2 state titles, lost 2 east championships to the eventual state champions, lost only 7 games during the entire 5'years-5 of those to eventual state champions in Hillside, Scotland, and Havelock....so I'm ok...lol

And your right....amazing talent and coaching in Craven county....its been fun

See you Monday Otis, but,I'm hoping my Bears pull one out of the hat!

Go Bears!

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
Here is my reply in case you can't see it

Not switching sidelines just taking some pics. I'll come over and look for you at halftime which will be 9 whole seconds after the game starts Monday. You know I love NB through good or bad. I've only been in NB since 2010 and my boys played from 2010-2014. Amazing run that can't be sustained forever, but they'll right the ship in due time. That you can take to the bank.

In the 5 seasons my sons played they own 5 conference championships, 2 east championships, 2 state titles, lost 2 east championships to the eventual state champions, lost only 7 games during the entire 5'years-5 of those to eventual state champions in Hillside, Scotland, and Havelock....so I'm ok...lol

Go Bears!

I guess you got my last text. You guys have a legit shot to grab that second ring. This new rb playing for ZW is something else. You guys must have a damn good o-line too. Looks like they are getting it done.
yes i did. The line is huge they just need to work out the kinks. Folks will call me crazy but #5 is just as good as #34. 34 is the better natural running back but the versatility of #5 is off the charts. when white gets back you could very well have 2 kids with 1500 yds each by season's end. That is crazy. You need to check #9 and #33 straight up grown men on the edges for our D. Both are about 6 ft 2" and 225 to 230 and they will knock your richard in the dirt. hope all is well my friend!

yes i did. The line is huge they just need to work out the kinks. Folks will call me crazy but #5 is just as good as #34. 34 is the better natural running back but the versatility of #5 is off the charts. when white gets back you could very well have 2 kids with 1500 yds each by season's end. That is crazy. You need to check #9 and #33 straight up grown men on the edges for our D. Both are about 6 ft 2" and 225 to 230 and they will knock your richard in the dirt. hope all is well my friend!

Yeah man y'all are scary good this year. Need to get together sometime. Maybe I'll come to SC in November and check out a game. Things are great and hope they are with you too.

Here is my reply in case you can't see it

Go Bears!
They will not have a halftime. They will just run a play to end the 2nd qtr and go right into the 3rd. Biggest question is do I need to bring my own popcorn?? :oops:

We can pass the ball pretty effectively, when we decide to pass it. No way we should be down two scores, been a pretty even game thru 3 quarters, just need to stop making mistakes.

Mistakes are a part of the game. We kill your punter in the endzone and they call a unsportsmanlike penalty for tackling the punter running with the ball?? pu##ies

Yes they are, but 3 bad punts with 3 turnovers isn't the norm. Plus we have the wrong kid playing QB, current QB should be out wide. Small things like that are killing us.

Refs appear to be content with score. We break a long run and flags fly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT