ADVERTISEMENT

Word of God Christian at Pinecrest

RD28327

Aug 12, 2003
Carthage, NC 28327
Next week's game between Word of God Academy and Pinecrest may be the biggest mismatch since David and Goliath. The Holy Rams must be ready for slaughter. What happened to the Q Foundation (the Washington Generals of N.C. high school football)???

How about in N.C. high school football? I still remember Jordan-Matthews when they were 1A making four consecutive trips to Richmond Senior in the late 90s.

I think The Q fizzled out. Never finished the season a couple times as far as every game goes. Looks like saving spots for The Q in a two contract season didn't work and Pinecrest needed a gate revenue spot. Gotta do what you gotta do for ticket sales. I'm sure the eight quarter guys will get some experience.

Last edited:
I doubt Word of God will bring a dozen supporters. Pinecrest shouldda brought in Union Pines. UP would fill those seats and bring in $$$.

How about in N.C. high school football? I still remember Jordan-Matthews when they were 1A making four consecutive trips to Richmond Senior in the late 90s.
That was only a one time thing ..Never 4 times ..The word was they got 5000.00 cash to come to Raiderville....nuff said...

It's true in their championship years, Richmond had a 1A school on their schedule.

Of course, Coach Metzger loves to schedule "crempuff" non-conference opponents. He'll just have two less when Seventy-First an Jack Britt join the Southeastern 4A. The Pats may be happy backing up into fifth place in the conference.

I think The Q fizzled out. Never finished the season a couple times as far as every game goes. Looks like saving spots for The Q in a two contract season didn't work and Pinecrest needed a gate revenue spot. Gotta do what you gotta do for ticket sales. I'm sure the eight quarter guys will get some experience.
You cant have but 5 a week, call ups dress, correct

Pinecrest vs the Q Foundation was pretty pathetic as well. Pinecrest is setting the standard for scheduling down. And they wonder why other areas around the state don't take them seriously?

You cant have but 5 a week, call ups dress, correct
Not sure but that sounds about right. My son did it freshman year and only played in the last two games and a playoff game. Only really benefits 1A and 2A teams and it was intended for small ADM schools but it has caused a lot of forfiets for 4A schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT