ADVERTISEMENT

Wojtecki out at Rose

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
JH Rose just let go of head coach Dave Wojtecki. I have been critical of them during his entire stay there, mainly about their non existant defense. He even quoted me in the paper a few years ago after his team won a 50 to 50 something game against DHC, saying that his defense came through to win the game. Really? Gave up 50+ points, and the defense won it? OK. Anyway, hopefully Rose can get somebody in there that understands that you can win a game 2-0, but you can't win if you give up more than you score. People used to be afraid of Rose. Now, that's who you send college coaches your highlights of.

Any rumors on who they want?
Alot of speculation from Moore at NE to Dempsey at SWO. If I'm Rose I would call Paul Hoggard at Edenton to see if be would be interested. He led Richmond not to long ago to a title game and has done well in Edenton. He is no stranger to high expectations at big programs.

I can see Moore going there. I think he's peaked the program at NE. Great records, but probably won't win a championship there. But Greenville has the athletes to compete for one ever year. Too bad Rose hasn't had a coach to complete the job lately. I can't see Hoggard leaving what he's building at Holmes. They were just a team before him. They are becoming a force now. I think they could compete with the Western champion this year and last year if it wasn't for Tarboro.

Reactions: bud33345
I can see Moore going there. I think he's peaked the program at NE. Great records, but probably won't win a championship there. But Greenville has the athletes to compete for one ever year. Too bad Rose hasn't had a coach to complete the job lately. I can't see Hoggard leaving what he's building at Holmes. They were just a team before him. They are becoming a force now. I think they could compete with the Western champion this year and last year if it wasn't for Tarboro.
Only reason I mentioned Hoggard is because he knows how to run big programs after being at Richmond for 8 years. Rose could go 4A or possibly 5A next relignment, your gonna need a guy who has experience navigating those waters that is the 4A playoffs. Rose is only 4 years removed from a 4A title appearance. No one else in the east has that experience or pedigree. I have a feeling Rose wants a big name to take this job. They have the boosters that can raise the money to put a nice signing bonus on the position. If you are Hoggard what's more appealing a chance at a 4A title or getting out played by Tarboro and coach Craddock every year?

Only reason I mentioned Hoggard is because he knows how to run big programs after being at Richmond for 8 years. Rose could go 4A or possibly 5A next relignment, your gonna need a guy who has experience navigating those waters that is the 4A playoffs. Rose is only 4 years removed from a 4A title appearance. No one else in the east has that experience or pedigree. I have a feeling Rose wants a big name to take this job. They have the boosters that can raise the money to put a nice signing bonus on the position. If you are Hoggard what's more appealing a chance at a 4A title or getting out played by Tarboro and coach Craddock every year?

If they get someone like Hoggard that would change things in their county and conference, no doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT