ADVERTISEMENT

WNC PLAYOFF PICKS (1st Round)

Reynoldsrocks2

Sep 18, 2015
Let's hear who you got.....

1A
No. 11 Albemarle (4-7) at No. 6 Hayesville (7-4)
No. 10 Cherokee (2-9) at No. 7 Andrews (5-6)

1AA
No. 9 Starmount (5-6) at No. 8 Avery County (5-6)
No. 11 Union Academy (6-4) at No. 6 Swain County (9-2)
No. 10 East Wilkes at No. 7 Polk County (8-3)

2A
No. 16 Bandys (5-6) at No. 1 Mountain Heritage (9-1)
No. 9 Owen (6-4) at No. 8 West Stanly (8-2)
No. 14 Hendersonville (5-6) at No. 3 Brevard (9-2)

2AA
No. 13 South Point (5-6) at No. 4 Smoky Mountain (8-3)
No. 10 Bunker Hill (6-5) at No. 7 Pisgah (8-2)

3A
No. 16 Erwin (5-6) at No. 1 Crest (9-2)
No. 14 Hickory (4-7) at No. 3 Reynolds (9-2)
No. 10 Kings Mountain (9-2) at No. 7 West Henderson (9-2)
No. 15 North Buncombe (7-4) at No. 2 Statesville (11-0)

3AA
No. 10 A.L. Brown (7-3) at No. 7 Roberson (5-6)

MY PICKS.....
1A
Hayesville by 6
Andrews by 8

1AA
Avery County by 10
Swain County by 20
Polk County by 14

2A
Mountain Heritage by 28
West Stanly by 13
Brevard by 10

2AA
South Point by 3
Pisgah by 16

3A
Crest by 31
Reynolds by 27
Kings Mountain by 32
Statesville by 30

3AA
A.L. Brown by 24

From what I have seen, it looks like they run a good bit more than they pass. It looks like they made a change at QB during the year. I don't know if that was by design or necessity. The first guy looked more like a passer and the second guy looks to be more of an option kind of guy. They run out of a spread formation but seem to prefer to run.

anybody know what offense hickory runs? they throw it or are they a running team?

I watched them get beat at Huss 33-7, you've got nothing to worry about, defense not good, offense will struggle to get points. I think they run power I formation. Weak QB...just saying!

1A
Albermarle
Andrews
1AA
Avery
Swain
Polk
2A
MH
West Stanley
Brevard
2AA
Smoky
Pisgah
3A
Crest
Reynolds
Kings Mountain
Statesville
3AA
Brown

Gonna be some fun weather tomorrow night for those playing in the mountains. Temps in the 30’s come kickoff, gusts up to 30mph. Bundle up!

From what I have seen, it looks like they run a good bit more than they pass. It looks like they made a change at QB during the year. I don't know if that was by design or necessity. The first guy looked more like a passer and the second guy looks to be more of an option kind of guy. They run out of a spread formation but seem to prefer to run.

Our Red Tornadoes have had a tough year at the QB position and are now on their 4th starter. Injuries have been significant, but these guys never quit. Offensively we operate out of a spread formation mixing the pass and run plays based on what a defense will allow. Coach Stone has done a marvelous job getting our team in the playoffs after a tough non-conference 0-5 start against some tough competition. Defensively we are small and have to make up for that with quickness.

Reactions: GG4BAMA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT