Cherokee 1a
Hayesville 1a
Rabun Gap.
H.D. 1a
Madison.
Smoky Mtn.
Erwin.
Robbinsville 1a.

These have to be in a top tem WNC. Cherokee beat Reynolds and Rabun Gap beat Asheville and Hayesville. I know Rabun Gap is in GA but play in NC. I think Robbinsville should be on this list but not played a game yet that I know of.

Wow. The SMC big and little will have some of the toughest Bball in WNC. I am so glad Shope went to HD for High School.

As far as the SMC goes here is my top teams.
1.Cherokee.
2. H.D.
3.Robbinsville.
4.Hayesville.
Its still early ofcourse.

Originally posted by BK13T-$:
All classes.

Who you got? I know its early but.

Cherokee 1a
Hayesville 1a
Rabun Gap.
H.D. 1a
Madison.
Smoky Mtn.
Erwin.
Robbinsville 1a.

These have to be in a top tem WNC. Cherokee beat Reynolds and Rabun Gap beat Asheville and Hayesville. I know Rabun Gap is in GA but play in NC. I think Robbinsville should be on this list but not played a game yet that I know of.
Tough schedule for your Knights playing Rabun Gap right off the bat...boys and girls handled good Hayesville teams pretty easily last night. Didn't want to ease into things? Rabun Gap's star is also from Cherokee and is the younger sister of a very good Lady Brave player from about a decade or so ago...Cherokee is tough this year, but imagine how good they could have been. My tops in the mountains at this point

1) Pisgah
2) McDowell
3) Carolina Day
4) Hiwassee Dam
5) Erwin
6) Rabun Gap
7) Cherokee
8) Madison
9) Robbinsville
T10) Smoky Mountain/Hayesville

I was reading on this site about a month ago where someone posted that Hiwassee Dam was the "sleeper" team. Guess who is WIDE AWAKE! I have been a follower of HD sports for many years, especially of the girls varsity basketball team, and I must say that this team is one of the most talented, athletic and most aggressive team I have ever seen. This team is blessed with shooters, big speed and overwhelming defense. Best of all they DO NOT GIVE UP.

One thing I noticed when I watched HD play was there is very good depth at all the positions and every player is getting playing time..and contributing. This is a TEAM that doesn't have to depend on only a few players to win. That makes it very difficult for other teams to defend. I attribute this to very good coaching. All of the coaches are active during the game. Seems to be very good communication.

Hayesville has a very strong team also with talented athletes and I am sure the rematch will be a great game!! HD hasn't played Robbinsville or Cherokee yet and I expect those games to be very good also. This 1A basketball season is going to be a great thing to watch.

Xmas tourney at Tuscola will be a good test for the Knights. The schools that I know will be there is Rville, Tuscola, Mtn.H, Asheville.

Originally posted by WNC1A:

I was reading on this site about a month ago where someone posted that Hiwassee Dam was the "sleeper" team. Guess who is WIDE AWAKE! I have been a follower of HD sports for many years, especially of the girls varsity basketball team, and I must say that this team is one of the most talented, athletic and most aggressive team I have ever seen. This team is blessed with shooters, big speed and overwhelming defense. Best of all they DO NOT GIVE UP.

One thing I noticed when I watched HD play was there is very good depth at all the positions and every player is getting playing time..and contributing. This is a TEAM that doesn't have to depend on only a few players to win. That makes it very difficult for other teams to defend. I attribute this to very good coaching. All of the coaches are active during the game. Seems to be very good communication.

Hayesville has a very strong team also with talented athletes and I am sure the rematch will be a great game!! HD hasn't played Robbinsville or Cherokee yet and I expect those games to be very good also. This 1A basketball season is going to be a great thing to watch.
Saw where they just beat Shiloh(GA) in a Christmas tournament yesterday. Have to love a school with 200 students beating one with over 2,000.

HD's win over 6A Shiloh was a very big win. HD once again exhibited their refusal to give up and their "leave it all on the court' attitude. HD's team may not have the overall size as some of their opponents but they more than make up for it in the amount grit they show on the court.

HD (Cherokee County) had to cancel b/c the county is closing the schools to sanitize them bc of a flu outbreak. It'd be nice if they moved the game to the Cherokee Reservation instead.

We looked good but not great. Dont really know how to judge the win tonight. Is Franklin any good? Record is not that good but I think they have played some good teams and they did make a deep Football run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT