ADVERTISEMENT

WMAC week one picks.

BD Warrior

Sep 20, 2006
Here we go fellas. Week one and everyone is fresh. Looks like the same ol players will fight for the top spot. ACR is top dog right now and deservedly so. Asheville and Erwin are nipping at their heels but can they finally take them down after 3 years. West Henderson, Tuscola, and Roberson could pull an upset any given night. NB, Enka, and North Hendo will fight hard to stay out of that dreaded last spot. That being said, here are the week 1 games. What you got?

ACR at Southern Durham- If you read the Citizen Times you would think Reynolds is on par with the New England Patriots and their qb is Tom Brady. That being said they will be very good this season no doubt. I know nothing about SD. ACR 35 SD 14?

Asheville at Franklin - The Cougars look to get back to the top but this will not be a easy game to start. Franklin is a good team and notoruis place to play for opposing teams for many reasons. Franklin 28 Asheville 24

NB at Cherokee - I just glanced at NB's roster and they are showing 75 players. Not sure if that is true and it doesn't matter really but that is a good sign for them. Cherokee had the dream season last year winning 1A. They lost their stud QB though. Cherokee 21 NB 14

North Hendo at Hendo - I don't know much about either of these groups but I think Hendo rolls on past performances alone. Hendo 28 North 7

Enka at Owen - Enka will have the fans and a big roster but it just never translates to wins though.
Owen should be better and has too much pride to stay down long and should get a w at home. Owen 28 Enka 21

West Hendo at Madison - West had a undefeated JV team and return a lot of guys off a solid team last year. They could be a dangerous team. Madison has a really solid qb. The rest I am not sure. WH 48 Madison 14

Watauga at TCR - Roberson will once again be loaded with good looking athletls and a stud qb but will somehow look mediocre. I don't get it. Watauga 42 TCR 21

Tuscola at Swain - Word on the street is Tuscola wants out of the WMAC but not so fast Mounties. One more year at least. Swain has great pride and will be a tough game one. Tuscola 14 Swain 7

Erwin at Mitchell - I have watched Erwin a few times this off season and they look really solid. They are big and physical on defense for a change. They return a lot of starters too. Mitchell might have a 1A beside their name but they are no slouch and have been really good the last 4-5 years. Should be a good game up in Ledger. Erwin 42 Mitchell 28

If AHS can stay healthy and is in game shape because a lot will be going both ways I like our chances returning All skill positions from last years team. All DBs, three LBs. This game will come down to who controls the line. AHS by 3
ACR by 21
Braves by 7
Hendo by 21
Enka by 7
West Hendo by 14
Tuscola by 7
Erwin by 14
TCR returns like 14 starters, they can be dangerous. But we say this every year. Maybe this is the year TCR by 3

Reactions: BD Warrior
Franklin by 21
ACR by 21
Braves by 21
Hendo by 28
Owen by 10
West Hendo by 7
Swain by 14
Erwin by 14
Watuga by 21

Finally the new year has arrived. I just someone can knock the rockets off their perch, but it will be tough because they still return some real talent.

Asheville 28 Franklin 27 I get the feeling Asheville has some talent this year. Asheville will have the speed advantage, but Franklin is very well coached and are playing at home. Franklin misses xp. Asheville by 1.

Cherokee 35 NB 7

Watauga 35 Tc Roberson 21. We know Tc will look great getting off the bus, but they need to show some progress between the white lines. I’ll have to see it to believe it.

Owen 21 Enka 17

Tuscola 21 Swain 14. Saw Tuscola a little on Friday, and I wasn’t too impressed with the new spread attack.

WH 41 Madison 21

Hendersonville 42 NH 21

Reynolds 42 Southern Durham 14

Erwin 41 Mitchell 21.

Reynolds by 28
Franklin by 14
Cherokee by 3
Owen by 10
Tuscola by 21
West by 14
Erwin by 6
Watagua by 14
Hendersonville by 21

Dang we have fallen off in recent years.
I remember you could pencil in a W playing franklin. Now it looks like we are double digit underdogs.
I hope these predictions are wrong for our sake

Dang we have fallen off in recent years.
I remember you could pencil in a W playing franklin. Now it looks like we are double digit underdogs.
I hope these predictions are wrong for our sake
I remember only game fans had circled was Reynolds... other than that it Ws till deep playoff

Finally the new year has arrived. I just someone can knock the rockets off their perch, but it will be tough because they still return some real talent.

Asheville 28 Franklin 27 I get the feeling Asheville has some talent this year. Asheville will have the speed advantage, but Franklin is very well coached and are playing at home. Franklin misses xp. Asheville by 1.

Cherokee 35 NB 7

Watauga 35 Tc Roberson 21. We know Tc will look great getting off the bus, but they need to show some progress between the white lines. I’ll have to see it to believe it.

Owen 21 Enka 17

Tuscola 21 Swain 14. Saw Tuscola a little on Friday, and I wasn’t too impressed with the new spread attack.

WH 41 Madison 21

Hendersonville 42 NH 21

Reynolds 42 Southern Durham 14

Erwin 41 Mitchell 21.
Its always hard to predict first games.
Asheville has a very talented team. Our starters have good size and speed, but we are unbelievably thin. There is a huge dropoff between the starters and the backups. Losing several lineman to christ school will definitely hurt us. Franklin always plays hard and our penalty yardage is usually outrageous when we play there. Hopefully that wont be the case Friday. Not really sure what Franklin has coming back, but I see this game playing out one of two ways. Either Ashevilles 2 great WRs are going to have a field day on slower and smaller DBs.....OR Franklins defensive line will dominate the game and not allow our qb to throw without getting hit.

Cherokee at North Buncombe: No clue whatsover. Cherokee just because they have some guys state champs on their team.

Watauga at Roberson: Watauga makes the trip to south Asheville. No team maybe in N.C. does less with more than Roberson. How they haven’t won a playoff game in 10 years is absolutely mind boggling. Asheville high has wasted some talent in years past but my God, what Roberson does year in and year out it absurd. They should absolutely dominate the mountains and they were 3-8 last year. The qb is really good. Think Watauga wins.

West Henderson Madison: toss up

Hendersonville NH: don’t know what either team has.

Reynolds southern Durham: what the hell happened to southern Durham? A couple years ago they were one of the best teams in N.C. playing in multiple state championships. They will be better than last year. Reynolds likely won’t be as good as last year. Still won’t matter. Reynolds wins.

Erwin at Mitchell: I don’t know what Mitchell returns off the team that beat Erwin last year but I’m sure Erwin will have revenge on their mind. Mitchell usually has good line play and limited skill guys. Erwin usually has good skill guys and average line play. This will be the first time in a long time the Erwin coaching staff won’t have Isaiah Poore to completely waste. Erwin wins and pretty easily.

AC Reynolds
Franklin
Cherokee
Hendersonville
Owen
West Henderson
TCR
Tuscola
Erwin

AHS 26-Franklin 13-AHS skill players the difference
ACR-32-SD 6- Rockets way too much firepower for SD
Cherokee 21 NB 14. Hawks better than expected in 2018
Hendo 36 North Henderson 0. Knights embark on a long season
Enka 22 Owen 6. Warhorses embark on a long season
WH-36 Madison 6. Falcons top team in Henderson County in 2018
Watauga 23 TCR 21. Rams are baseball and volleyball. No football for the wine and cheese crowd in this part of Buncombe
Tuscola 24 Swain 13. Devils young and pressure on the coach more than ever.
Erwin 34 Mitchell 12. Warriors surge to a second place finish in the MAC in 2018.

Murphy 23 Pisgah 14. Murphy boys too physical and well coached to lose to the Bears sending the delusional Canton crowd (State Champions in July) nuts.

Reactions: 91ths
reynolds by 21 franklin by 10 tcr pulls the upset by 7 north buncombe by 6 enka by 6 murphy by 10 erwin by 20

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT