WMAC Week 8

Reynoldsrocks2

Sep 18, 2015
Let's hear what ya think.....

Tuscola @ Asheville
Enka @ West Henderson
Erwin @ TC Roberson
North Henderson @ North Buncombe

Looks like only one game that won't be a blowout this week. Seems Tuscola, North Buncombe, Asheville, Erwin, and TC Roberson will be the ones battling for that coveted 3rd place spot and automatic bid to the playoffs. North Buncombe may be the only team to be able to get a wild card if they don't finish in 3rd place as it looks like they can get to 7 wins.

Asheville by 31
West Henderson by 35
TC Roberson by 9
North Buncombe by 27

Asheville by 28
West by 40
TCR by 3
NB by 28

It wouldn't surprise me to see Erwin beat TCR though.

We might as well go ahead and start an ac reynolds versus west henderson thread and let the hype build over the coming weeks. Nobody is touching those 2 until they meet....

We might as well go ahead and start an ac reynolds versus west henderson thread and let the hype build over the coming weeks. Nobody is touching those 2 until they meet....

i went and looked at jv records as well, looks like the conference could come down to west vs ac on the jv side too. This might be an interesting rivalry in the future. I like it. Ac needs another rival outside buncombe county.

i went and looked at jv records as well, looks like the conference could come down to west vs ac on the jv side too. This might be an interesting rivalry in the future. I like it. Ac needs another rival outside buncombe county.

especially when you look at the current state of the programs at Asheville, TCR, and Erwin

Can AC make some noise in 3A though? Seems like they have got better...

I think they could make it to the 3rd round depending where the bracket falls. Outside of Weddington I don’t know much about the other teams in 3aa.

ACR has gotten better as the season has gone on but the WMAC is weak this year too. It really depends on where the teams fall in the seeding process in my opinion. If the match ups are favorable then ACR can make a run. If not, then who knows.

Is Asheville really this bad or did Tuscola do something different, I wasn't able to go or listen.

Can not believe Asheville lost to tuscola. Wow. Somewhere misinterpreted is twisting his nipples like the cajun fella off the Waterboy.
Looks like Smoky and your old coach twisted y'all's.lmao!!

Sounds like the Asheville team has checked out for the season.
I think we checked out somewhere in 2016. We have a few seniors on this years team that were legitimately better as sophomores than they are now as seniors

Maybe on the bus ride over. After that, not much fun for ol red. Maybe a red face. It will be ugly early! Our staff and players are ready for this!

Maybe on the bus ride over. After that, not much fun for ol red. Maybe a red face. It will be ugly early! Our staff and players are ready for this!
So is he.. things must be back to normal on the hill.Hopefully J.T. keeps the reins..better for us if he does.

Last edited:
Reactions: PBBear51
Coach is going to be just fine. A big win this Friday and then a great chance in the last two. Finish 6-5 with a shot at a wild card in the playoffs. North Buncombe has already been exposed. I think we will win by at least 2 TD's this week. 3-0 against you guys ol' red! Lol. Welcome back CE Weatherby!

Coach is going to be just fine. A big win this Friday and then a great chance in the last two. Finish 6-5 with a shot at a wild card in the playoffs. North Buncombe has already been exposed. I think we will win by at least 2 TD's this week. 3-0 against you guys ol' red! Lol. Welcome back CE Weatherby!
But if he does win...look out lockers..

bears man,
This is a very similar situation you guys had this past Friday. The only difference will be that our former coach, and I say that lightly, will not embarrass us! Lol!

bears man,
This is a very similar situation you guys had this past Friday. The only difference will be that our former coach, and I say that lightly, will not embarrass us! Lol!
Us 19-13 in o.t....you 37-7 in regulation.. We were in our game were you?

Calm down there M.B. you guys beat a below mediocre Asheville team by 6 points. I wouldn't go crowing too much just yet. You and the rest of staff are safe for at least another week. Ol' Red will reignite the hot seat Friday night though! He wants it more and we know what happens in Haywood Co. when you want something more.

NB by 10-14. I wouldn’t base much off a victory over an Asheville team that has obviously given up.

bears man is already providing nb with excuses. That is hardly to what I was referring to. I said all along they would not be in the top part of the conference at the end, and "ol red" will prove me right once again. I loved when he left, but I enjoy seeing him return to the opposing sidelines. It is always sweet watching him lose, especially to us. I hope coach Postell keeps the hammer down and won't feel sorry for him. Lets give him and his team an even better welcome than we did two years ago.

Jubal2sfriend said:
Nov. 2, 2016
Tuscola vs Pisgah. Greatest single game performances???
I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on this. Some that stick out in my mind are:
Tuscola:
Bryce Meyers KO return for a TD to win it in 2012
Tyler Brosius monster game in a rout in 2009
Tuscola D with 5 picks in 2008 win
Jonathan Crompton over coming 3 first half picks to lead a comeback in 2003
Tyler Tranthams punt return inside the 10 with less than a min left to set up game winning FG 1997
Nathan Suttons special teams master piece in 1995
Pisgah:
McKilnley Brown's "Michael Vick" performance in 2013
Zach Jaynes putting on a clinic in 2006 blowout

Ask questions? Answers are revealing? Jubal pulls out Tranthams and Suttons insignificant performances because WHY? Do other THS grads remember these as single game performances? Did Jubal graduate in 1999? Played football at THS in 1995? 1996? 1997? 1998? Was Jubal on the field? Is Jubal a true Belue Mountaineer? Does Misinterpretation think the same way? Like Jubal?

Is he coming? New man? New AD? Clock ticking? Expiration date?

Is a Judas roaming on the Hill?

bears man is already providing nb with excuses. That is hardly to what I was referring to. I said all along they would not be in the top part of the conference at the end, and "ol red" will prove me right once again. I loved when he left, but I enjoy seeing him return to the opposing sidelines. It is always sweet watching him lose, especially to us. I hope coach Postell keeps the hammer down and won't feel sorry for him. Lets give him and his team an even better welcome than we did two years ago.
Don't MISINTERPRET me...not making excuses.. stated a fact ...maybe coach Poston will keep the foot on the gas and maybe ol red will.. we'll see

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT