Asheville at Hendersonville
North Hendo at Swain
Owen at Reynolds
Kings Mtn at Roberson
East Hendo at West Hendo
Erwin at Open

Lets hear them.

My Picks.

NB 28 SM 21...Both of these teams are on a high right now and should enjoy it till they start playing quality competition.

Robbinsville 21 Enka 10...Long ride plus scrappy 1A team is not good for the Jets.

Pisgah 21 Tuscola 14...Huge game for the folks that live in Haywood County.

Asheville 42 Hendo 35...Asheville seems like a good team as does Hendo.

Swain 24 NH 14...North Hendo looking like the worst team in the conference

Reynolds 35 Owen 14...I think Owen is improved but not enough to beat ACR. If Reynolds is looking ahead to Erwin you never know?

KM 48 TCR 7...Whoever does the scheduling at Roberson needs a new job. They need a Madison or something to boost confidence early in the season.

WH 21 EH 14...West disappointed me with their performance this past week. I thought they were a sleeper in the conference but so sure now.

Erwin over Open....Guarantee my Warriors do not lose this week. lol

Not getting in yall’s business here but regarding TCR. They have a fantastic QB, who would be a gem on any other team. I honestly mean that he is very good. He can make all the throws and he’s an athlete to boot.

I’d have gotten him out of there. The rest of the team looks like they’d beat you down standing on the sidelines. but they’re so soft between the lines. It bewilders me, it truly bothers me. That QB was the only player that didn’t quit at any point in our game. He’d relegate a lot of starters to back-up status real quick anywhere else. Not all of them, but a lot of them.

Not getting in yall’s business here but regarding TCR. They have a fantastic QB, who would be a gem on any other team. I honestly mean that he is very good. He can make all the throws and he’s an athlete to boot.

I’d have gotten him out of there. The rest of the team looks like they’d beat you down standing on the sidelines. but they’re so soft between the lines. It bewilders me, it truly bothers me. That QB was the only player that didn’t quit at any point in our game. He’d relegate a lot of starters to back-up status real quick anywhere else. Not all of them, but a lot of them.

It’s the same song every year with them. They should be battling for the conference title year in year out, but instead they struggle to make the playoffs.

The only time TCR was really good was when they had Mike Houston. They were a very good program under him. Now he is winning FCS Championships at James Madison. Although they did make it to the regional final in 2007, but that was a result of the program Houston built.

The only time TCR was really good was when they had Mike Houston. They were a very good program under him. Now he is winning FCS Championships at James Madison. Although they did make it to the regional final in 2007, but that was a result of the program Houston built.
Houston did a good job when he was there (2001-2005). 42-18 record and a solid program. He took over a TCR team that had gone 7-5 the previous season and went 6-4, 8-4, 6-5, 13-1, and 9-4. The fact he was able to sustain winning records at TCR and his later accomplishments prove he's an amazing coach.

The JV players from Houston's time there did go on to do well in 2007 under Beatty. Beatty had some good seasons over the following 8 years (2006-2013) going 54-42 with 5 winning seasons, conference titles in 2007 and 2012 (TCR only has 3 conference titles in history, Houston has the other one), and has one of two 10 win seasons in TCR history. I think he and Houston may be TCR's only "winning" coaches ever. Houston gets the nod for being better (clearly), but TCR had some competitive teams outside of his tenure.

With that said, TCR is a place that just getting a consistent winning record is looked at as being remarkable, much less making playoff runs. I don't know how they don't have at least 8-9 wins a year on raw talent alone. I mean, they're 2-2 in the last 4 games against North Buncombe and clearly NB isn't what you'd consider as a football rich school.

Smoky Mountain
Robbinsville
Tuscola
Asheville
Swain
AC Reynolds
Kings Mountain
West Henderson
Erwin in a blow out!

Reactions: 91ths
Mike Houston was the best head coach in the mountains in this 21st century. (Was Fred goldsmith still coaching at franklin in 00,01,02?). 2004 they had talent and houston had those guys coached up big time and playing HARD.

Mike Houston was the best head coach in the mountains in this 21st century. (Was Fred goldsmith still coaching at franklin in 00,01,02?). 2004 they had talent and houston had those guys coached up big time and playing HARD.
Not sure about Goldsmith, but Bobby Poss was winning his 2nd state title in 4 years at AC Reynolds in 2002.

Oh yea, somehow forgot about him, did he coach in college? I honestly don’t know
He was going to coach Brevard College's team when they started it in 2006, but he and the administration had "different visions" causing them to release him after one season. Don't know if he's coached since then.

On a similar note, his defensive coordinator at Brevard was Mike Houston. Houston left for Lenoir Ryne, so neither Poss or Houston were at Brevard in 2007,

Simple logic. Owen beat Enka by 27. Pisgah beat Enka by 22. Pisgah is the greatest team on the planet. So Owen has to beat Reynolds.

Reynolds loses to Southern Durhan . Southern Durhan gets blown out 34-0 next week. Saw Reynolds against Franklin in the scrimmage. Franklin hung with them. So no has nothing to do with Enka but a lot to do with Reynolds. I really could care less who wins but it did make you all take the bait hook line and sinker.:D:D

Reactions: PBBear51
To be fair the team that blew out Southern Durham is the #9 team in 4A. Also, ACR did everything they could do to lose that game (3 red zone TOs and a block punt for a TD). I just don't see Owen being able to score more than a TD against the Rockets.

Reynolds loses to Southern Durhan . Southern Durhan gets blown out 34-0 next week. Saw Reynolds against Franklin in the scrimmage. Franklin hung with them. So no has nothing to do with Enka but a lot to do with Reynolds. I really could care less who wins but it did make you all take the bait hook line and sinker.:D:D

Using that same logic: Owen > Pisgah You guys from Haywood County are always good for a laugh. I really couldn't care less who wins the Haywood County Championship but I would like to win the 50/50.

Using that same logic: Owen > Pisgah You guys from Haywood County are always good for a laugh. I really couldn't care less who wins the Haywood County Championship but I would like to win the 50/50.
Buy a ticket and you have as good a chance as anyone.Plus it help Pisgah athletics.

I was there a couple of years ago when the lady won $19k. Had a good time and talked to this one family that owns a tire store there in Canton. I think their son?grandson was the QB/WR or something. Nice folks.

I was there a couple of years ago when the lady won $19k. Had a good time and talked to this one family that owns a tire store there in Canton. I think their son?grandson was the QB/WR or something. Nice folks.

They have another grandson playing this year.

acr tuscola finally wins again smoky mtn east kings mtn but i think tcr plays better this week enka asheville

This West team is still a year out like I said earlier but I feel better about last week's score after seeing Hendersonville taking Asheville to the woodshed tonight.

West beating East Henderson 42-13 in the 4th.

This will go down as the worst defense Asheville high has had in this century. Plus we don’t use our best athletes on defense anyway. We had a guy 5 foot 8 guarding a 6 foot 4 guy all game long. Hendersonville coaching staff must have been laughing at us all game.

This West team is still a year out like I said earlier but I feel better about last week's score after seeing Hendersonville taking Asheville to the woodshed tonight.

West beating East Henderson 42-13 in the 4th.
11 point game I wouldn’t call woodshed

We aren’t very good. We aren’t very smart and we aren’t very well coached. One Hendersonville WR had 4 touchdowns in the first half because they kept exploiting a mismatch and we didn’t even attempt to make an adjustment until the second half. That’s just dumb. Bad coaching plain and simple. Put your best players out on defense. Don’t wait until you’re down 17 to make changes. The Hendersonville coaches seriously had to have been laughing at us for continuing to put the same guy on a 6 foot 4 receiver who had an 8 inch height advantage and not changing anything.

West talking junk to Asheville? Get real. West fans talked that trash last year and when they played the big dogs in their conference they got smashed. You have to earn it if you want to talk. That's like a Browns fan talking junk to Patriots fan.

West talking junk to Asheville? Get real. West fans talked that trash last year and when they played the big dogs in their conference they got smashed. You have to earn it if you want to talk. That's like a Browns fan talking junk to Patriots fan.

I wasn't talking junk at all. I called the Hendersonville/ Asheville game like everyone else saw it and someone got triggered by it and decided to come at West. Oh well.

And no, nobody talked trash for West last year, they simply said that West would do fine in the new conference in ALL sports and they did.

Call me when Tuscola is anything to talk about.

Last edited:
Listein west just might beat Asheville this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT