ADVERTISEMENT

WMAC Week 3 picks....

BD Warrior

Sep 20, 2006
*I meant week 5 picks. Cant seem to edit title thread*

I figured I would help Reynoldsrocks out this week and post the games on here. Lets hear them..

Asheville at Erwin
ACR at Enka
Tuscola at North Hendo
NB at TCR

Erwin 28 Asheville 24..... It's werid to be playing the cougars this early in the season. Erwin has shown flashes of getting better but they are still young. Isaiah Poore needs the ball in his hands early and often. Riley Towels will be a fine qb one day but he is very raw. As for Asheville I don't know that much about them except they have played a tough schedule and they are still the Cougars and dangerous. This should be the best game in the conference this week by far.

ACR 60 Enka 6.....Can you say running clock

Tuscola 35 NH 28....NH shocked me by winning at Swain and it makes me think they might be a decent team. Tuscola seem to be solid as well.

Roberson 48 NB 21....A much needed break for TCR after a brutal early season schedule.

Reactions: cougars45
I agree wth you Asheville Erwin is the game of the week. That's sad isn't it?

"Get ready fellas, game of the week in the WMAC. 0-3 Erwin against 1-3 Asheville"

Jeez.

Tuscola and north Henderson may not be bad. The other two games are a joke.

Asheville by 1
ACR by however sorry they are feeling for Enka.
Tuscola by 20
TCR by 35

I agree wth you Asheville Erwin is the game of the week. That's sad isn't it?

"Get ready fellas, game of the week in the WMAC. 0-3 Erwin against 1-3 Asheville"

Jeez.

Tuscola and north Henderson may not be bad. The other two games are a joke.

Both of these teams are young and have played good competition. You give either Asheville or Erwin the schedule that teams like NB and Enka have and they are most likely sitting at 3-0 or 3-1.

Reactions: cougars45
Asheville looked like they were fired up against Roberson, and Erwin looked like a different team against Reynolds, I got Erwin beating Asheville in a close one.

Thanks for starting the thread BD...

I'm going with the home team, Erwin. Both teams are good teams don't let the record fool you! Poore needs the ball, PERIOD!

ACR huge
Tuscola fairly easy
TCR very easy

Thanks for starting the thread BD...

I'm going with the home team, Erwin. Both teams are good teams don't let the record fool you! Poore needs the ball, PERIOD!

ACR huge
Tuscola fairly easy
TCR very easy
The coaching staff has given Poore the shaft for 3 years, why stop now? I don't know if I've ever seen such a talented player absolutely wasted more than him. He's been good for years but they've always wanted to set records for most passing attempts in a game in the country every year.

The coaching staff has given Poore the shaft for 3 years, why stop now? I don't know if I've ever seen such a talented player absolutely wasted more than him. He's been good for years but they've always wanted to set records for most passing attempts in a game in the country every year.

I agree somewhat. When you have guys like CJ Thompson out there you have to get the ball in their hands too. I like this new approach from the new coach of getting it in Isaiah's hands more. He had over 200 yards rushing against Reynolds. The soph running back Don Mosley is a good one too. I hope they keep pounding the ball. It's time for a little change. The biggest problem with Erwin is their front 4 lineman on defense. They are big slow guys. I'll take fast smaller guys like Reynolds and Heritage have any day up front.

Last edited:
acr by a lot erwin in a close game unless they dont let poore run it if they throw then asheville wins tuscola by 21 tcr big go green

Im sure AC will be throwing again in the 4th qtr up by 50 like last year...Classy bunch!

Thanks. They/we are a classy group. ACR didn't even score in the 4th qtr. last year. They only threw the ball 18 times the whole game. ACR's last 4 scores were a 24 yd. pick 6 with 1:05 left in the first half, a 33 yd. blocked punt return for TD with 10:38 left in the 3rd, a 19 yd. run with 3:56 left in the 3rd and a 67 yd. TD yd. run by the 3rd string RB with 25 seconds left in the 3rd. You can't tell the guys on the 2nd and 3rd string not to play hard and try to score. That is the name of the game. BTW, ACR was never up by 50.

Last edited:
Wow :eek: what happened to the Erwin team that played us last week???
What an absolute trash game. We should have won 50-6. I bet we had 175 yards in penalties. What are these guys doing out there?!?
Very shocked Erwin scored 35 on Reynolds.

Asheville is getting better each week. D played lights out. Sophomore QB three had 236 yards 2 TDs at half. If he keeps getting better with his confidence I can us and ACR battling it out come OCT. 3

and i too think its going to be a ballgame when asheville n acr plays . should be a good one

and i too think its going to be a ballgame when asheville n acr plays . should be a good one
It would have been a good game last year if our first offensive snap wasn't 35 yards over the qbs head and into the endzone where we couldn't even fall on it. We can beat anybody from here on out and lose to anybody too.

Admittedly ACR defense didn't play well and Erwin scored their last TD with 1:13 to go on a pass against the 2nd team. Our defense gave up 28 yes but Erwin had 2 weeks to prepare and we basically had zero film of the new QB. No excuses though, just telling it why they scored 34, we didn't play well period.

Admittedly ACR defense didn't play well and Erwin scored their last TD with 1:13 to go on a pass against the 2nd team. Our defense gave up 28 yes but Erwin had 2 weeks to prepare and we basically had zero film of the new QB. No excuses though, just telling it why they scored 34, we didn't play well period.
That's understandable

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Sometimes final scores are not indicative of how the game actually was. For example, Franklin wasn't 25 points better than us this year, but they were that night

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Random question... I noticed Ashevilles young QB's last name (Hillier), is he related to the baseball coach (Bill) there by any chance?

Its kind of hard to tell if Asheville has "turned the corner" and playing well or if we are just playing terrible competition. Is Reynolds the best team in the mountains? Or are they just the beneficiary of beating 4 sorry teams so far?

Asheville has won 2 games. Those 2 teams they beat are a combined 1-8.
Reynolds has won 4 games. The 4 teams they beat are a combined 2-16.

Thats unbelievable to me. I guess time will tell, but neither of us has anything that resembles a "quality win".

Reactions: Champ_24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT