Mtn. Heritage... by 7
Asheville.... by 3
Crest... by 28
Pisgah... by 21
East Hendo... by 21
N. Buncombe... by 24
West Hendo... by 21
Rhea County... by 7

I don’t know about us yet. Yea we could have beaten franklin 55-0, but I don’t think franklin is gonna have a very good year

Ahs, I definitely think you guys are going to have a better year. You're offense will be fine with probably the 2nd best QB and WR combo in WNC. Just gonna depend on your D in my opinion. Franklin, I believe is going to have a long season full of plenty of growing pains.

No way I see us beating Hendersonville that bad. Gonna be a dog fight, always is in a rivalry game.

If Crest defense plays like they did Friday, TCR will be lucky to score 10 points. However, Crest’s offense is still trying to find its identity so it might be struggle for them to score. However! TCR defense could only dream to have South Points defense, so I think and hope the offense will have a good game.

If Crest defense plays like they did Friday, TCR will be lucky to score 10 points. However, Crest’s offense is still trying to find its identity so it might be struggle for them to score. However! TCR defense could only dream to have South Points defense, so I think and hope the offense will have a good game.
TC Roberson will LOOK just like Crest.

Crest by 28

TC looks good getting off the bus, but alas, they have to play the game. That’s where they get in trouble.

OK OP... Lets hear the skinny on rhea county... I would love to have a list of my picks.
But why did we pick a team from no where? Asking for a friend.. No disrespect intended for our tn friends...

I don't know much about Rhea County, but what I did see was a team that resembles our mountain schools. Their demographics are much like us. I believe they run an offense very similar to what Coach Pursley ran here. That was last years highlights so they may have changed.

It says Rhea County High School is 2 hrs. and 38 minutes from Tuscola High School (166 Miles) just one way! Nice little haul to start the season...

It will be fun to see someone totally new! I'm already looking forward to this Friday even if it is a bit of a haul! I know our boys are looking forward to seeing someone different.

It says Rhea County High School is 2 hrs. and 38 minutes from Tuscola High School (166 Miles) just one way! Nice little haul to start the season...
No shit...Instead of scrimmaging some of these other teams we shoud of booked them.
Swain was a great example.. A team that would punch you in the face given the chance. A great gate and not to mention a n awesome place to visit when its our turn.. What about murphy or rville or any of these other teams?Jeez.. And then friggin Pisgah the next week.?That game shouldn't happen till the real fall starts..
Anyway rant over...

I think it would be best 91 to please put in for the head coaching position the next time it opens. You are the most negative so called Tuscola supporters on here. If it's to far stay at home! All you do is gripe and complain anyway. You probably played with Bama...oh yeah, he didn't !

I
I think it would be best 91 to please put in for the head coaching position the next time it opens. You are the most negative so called Tuscola supporters on here. If it's to far stay at home! All you do is gripe and complain anyway. You probably played with Bama...oh yeah, he didn't !
I personally like the current coaches.But I don't get the scheduling.As far as fans go.. Lets see just how long you stay here if your predictions don't ring true......If you are a superfan… Where you been all these years?

Just because I just now started posting doesn't mean I not a "superfan". If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I'll still support, show up, and cheer our team on. I just want our team/program to know that everyone isn't fair weather like most people on here!
Go Big T!

Just because I just now started posting doesn't mean I not a "superfan". If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong. I'll still support, show up, and cheer our team on. I just want our team/program to know that everyone isn't fair weather like most people on here!
Go Big T!
That's where you are wrong...We all still show up and support. And cheer our team on...If we are fair weather we wouldn't still be here...It will come out in the wash where you fall.. Like i said before … Hope you are right but this is still High school football where anything can and does happen.

Hello from Rhea County! We are looking forward to you all coming over the mountains. We are coming off of a 42-6 win over Knox Carter. Carter is not that good, so I’m expecting a better match-up this week. We are a 5A school (1100-1500 enrollment class). Rhea County is in between Knoxville and Chattanooga. It is not a bad drive I stay in Waynesville every other year when UTC plays Western. We are home to some of the best bass fishing in the United States on Lake Chickamauga. There is plenty of places to stay and eat in Dayton. Most likely you’ll come through Spring City, once you are there the high school is about 10-15 mins away it will be on the right if you come in from highway 27 south. You won’t miss it not much else is around the high school except for a gas station and post office. If you come early enjoy some tailgating or one of the restaurants down in Dayton. We have a very large stadium with field turf field, it’s nestled at the foot of the Cumberland Plateau.

From what I’ve read and seen Tuscola is very similar to us. We are a Double Wing offense we usually have two 1000 yard rushers each season. Our defense runs a 3-4 scheme. We have a new DC this year so I’m curious to see how he does against a team like Tuscola.

Reactions: 91ths
5b7c85f6b79fe.image.jpg
color-stadium-feature.jpg
stadium-1200x675.jpg

Shelby by 14
MH-by 7
Asheville by 14
Crest by 21
Pisgah by 21
East by 7
NB by 14
Hendersonville by 7
Rhea C, by 14

Hello from Rhea County! We are looking forward to you all coming over the mountains. We are coming off of a 42-6 win over Knox Carter. Carter is not that good, so I’m expecting a better match-up this week. We are a 5A school (1100-1500 enrollment class). Rhea County is in between Knoxville and Chattanooga. It is not a bad drive I stay in Waynesville every other year when UTC plays Western. We are home to some of the best bass fishing in the United States on Lake Chickamauga. There is plenty of places to stay and eat in Dayton. Most likely you’ll come through Spring City, once you are there the high school is about 10-15 mins away it will be on the right if you come in from highway 27 south. You won’t miss it not much else is around the high school except for a gas station and post office. If you come early enjoy some tailgating or one of the restaurants down in Dayton. We have a very large stadium with field turf field, it’s nestled at the foot of the Cumberland Plateau.

From what I’ve read and seen Tuscola is very similar to us. We are a Double Wing offense we usually have two 1000 yard rushers each season. Our defense runs a 3-4 scheme. We have a new DC this year so I’m curious to see how he does against a team like Tuscola.
Agree with you, tuscola offense is little differant. Biggest difference between the 2 teams you guys are littke more athletic, look that way on film.

Yes 91 I agree, that's a bit too far for the first game. Fan support will be miniscule I would assume, after looking I knew I couldn't due to work, which I assume will be the issue with many. You others should look at it logically....long drive, few fans, then thrown into the fire next week, has nothing to do with needing a new coach or not supporting the team...its hard for some to support a game three hours away regardless of how much we want to. I'll be listening to every play on the radio for sure this week... But that is a nice stadium!

At a time when Tuscola needs fan support more than ever, they go and schedule an opening game almost 3 hours away (1-way). Nothing at all against Rhea Co. They seem like a really legit team, but that's besides the point. I just find it hard to believe that they couldn't find anyone else closer to play. I'm sure one of those SMC or WHC teams would have gladly gave up one of their home schooled opponents in exchange for that game. Better competition, better gate, better for your fans, better for parents, and most importantly better for your PLAYERS. They don't wanna go play in front of 75 of their own fans and then ride a bus home back over the mountain and get home at 2 in the morning. This isn't the playoffs. But, who knows why they do some of the things they do up at little T . Lol.

We've been traveling to Winston-Salem and Durham for the opening week of football for several years now. We can't find anyone in WNC to play us, that is why we have played West Forsyth, Southern Durham, East Forsyth, Shelby and Watauga (1 time) for the last 11 years, and next year will be the same. I would love to see ACR play Brevard, Pisgah, Mtn Heritage, or some other local teams. Brevard and Pisgah used to be a staple on our schedules but that was when we were horrible and won 2 games a year. Now we are a good team year in year out no one wants to play us. Pisgah did play us a couple times but that ended quickly.

Reactions: PisgahCatamount07
I'm not sure you will see ACR play teams in our area for a non conference game unless they are 3A or higher. I think it's just one of those deals that it is what it is. If you are a program like ACR and you play..... Brevard for a hypothetical for instance. ACR should win handily in most cases just from a shear size ( number of kids ) and talent factor. I'm not trying to put down Brevard or any other school for that matter. It doesn't benefit either team if that happens year after year and that is what would most likely happen. Look at ACR and Owen the last few years as an example. Owen has smaller numbers and the games haven't been that close except for 2014 when Owen won. I'm not sure those games would have been played if not for the fact that the Buncombe County School board required it up until last year. I don't look for that series to last much longer. If ACR wins then it's a awwww they were supposed to win. It's a no win situation for ACR. Playing 2A Shelby is different just because of their dominance in 2A and talent level. That's just my 2 cents worth.

I'm not sure you will see ACR play teams in our area for a non conference game unless they are 3A or higher. I think it's just one of those deals that it is what it is. If you are a program like ACR and you play..... Brevard for a hypothetical for instance. ACR should win handily in most cases just from a shear size ( number of kids ) and talent factor. I'm not trying to put down Brevard or any other school for that matter. It doesn't benefit either team if that happens year after year and that is what would most likely happen. Look at ACR and Owen the last few years as an example. Owen has smaller numbers and the games haven't been that close except for 2014 when Owen won. I'm not sure those games would have been played if not for the fact that the Buncombe County School board required it up until last year. I don't look for that series to last much longer. If ACR wins then it's a awwww they were supposed to win. It's a no win situation for ACR. Playing 2A Shelby is different just because of their dominance in 2A and talent level. That's just my 2 cents worth.

I agree with most of this, but there are local smaller teams playing the likes of Erwin and Asheville and no one says a word. I just like the old school rivalries I guess and they are gone by the wayside. I understand why we play state champions each year, it’s good for us, but I miss the old days also.

I miss the old days as well. I was just telling my wife last night how much I miss playing football and it’s been over 30 years. I guess you never outgrow that itch.

I think the perception and expectations are different for ACR, Asheville and Erwin. That plays a roll in people’s reaction to playing those smaller schools. I don’t think people were that surprised that Mitchell, who has a fine program, beat Erwin last week. If they (Mitchell) were to play and beat ACR, it would be major message board and social media fodder. That’s why I say ACR is in a no win situation if they play the smaller more local teams.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
I am assuming you mean teams other than ACR. Hell, even TCR steps up and plays a good non conference schedule. Sure, they get their eyes beat out most of the time but they do at least give it a try.

Why dont you WMAC teams ever play Hibriten or Freedom, hell even Watagua?

Most of the perennial powers do play tough OOC schedules and many of the newcomers still have to play traditional foes. Henderson County for example has 4 schools split between 2 conferences. For West and North, that's 2 automatic OOC games that have to be played every year. Having to schedule around these is the biggest hinderance.

Why dont you WMAC teams ever play Hibriten or Freedom, hell even Watagua?

I promise it’s not because we are dodging them. We have played Watauga as non conference game multiple times. Sometimes you have to play who is available and not who you want.

One thing nobody can ever say is that AC Reynolds dodges anybody! Gotta respect that about 'em. Tough non-ooc schedule for AC, Asheville, Erwin, and damn especially TC! Jeez. That's a brutal one. MOST teams in the WMAC don't dodge anybody.

Last edited:
I’d rather play ACR than TCR every year. ACR will show you where you are at and how far you need to go. Cleveland County as a whole has much respect for the program at ACR. They play anyone and anywhere. I can’t for the life of me figure out TCR, no sense in having all that size and never do anything.

acr 28 shelby 27 asheville 21 burns 17 tuscola 21 rhea 20 crest 47 tcr 14 pisgah 28 enka 7 n hendo 21 e hendo 14 hendersonville 28 w hendo 21 erwin 31 mtn heritage 25

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT