Crest at tc Roberson
Reynolds at Shelby
West Henderson at Hendersonville
Asheville at Webb(Tennessee)
East Henderson at north Henderson

In 2014 we were 13-2.
In 2015 we were 9-3.
In 2016 we were 6-6.

So far 0-1 and just lost to Franklin at home for the first time in ever. I'm not sure if the talent well is drying up in the asheville city limits, if it's too expensive to live in Asheville, or if the kids just don't care as much, but you can clearly see something is happening.

Just a question I have been following this sight for a long time and have always thought of the cougar's as a great program but I do remember hearing people fussing about the play calling. Does anyone believe the coaching change may have hurt the program? I'm not slighting anyone just wandering or if it may be a combo or just talent no on par

Erwin at mt heritage (Thursday game)
North buncombe at Madison
Enka at Pisgah
Crest at tc Roberson
Reynolds at Shelby
West Henderson at Hendersonville
Asheville at Webb(Tennessee)
East Henderson at north Henderson

Mt. Heritage by a nose
Madison by several noses
Pisgah by a couple TD's
TC Roberson, can't believe I'm saying this
AC Reynonlds, but it will be a fight, can't pick against my boys
Hendersonville buy a ton
Webb, TN just because I've heard Webb is good
East Henderson, Can East win 2 in a row?

Last edited:
Just a question I have been following this sight for a long time and have always thought of the cougar's as a great program but I do remember hearing people fussing about the play calling. Does anyone believe the coaching change may have hurt the program? I'm not slighting anyone just wandering or if it may be a combo or just talent no on par

Did Wilkins see this coming and decide to retire, much like Kenny Ford at Owen? Coaches know what's coming and if it's close to time that may push them to retiring. I know Coach Conner's last 2 years at ACR he went 4-7 and 3-7, then Poss came and went 7-5 and 3-7 before 3 straight 9-2 seasons and a 15-1, so I'm sure the talent will be back at Asheville, be patient we all go through it. Asheville has talent, and they will be fine.

Heritage by 7....Hurts me to say that but they return a lot and have not lost a jv game in like 5 years. Add to that they are a home and playing on tv for the 1st time while Erwin has played 3 times on tv already. I seen some flashes that Erwin will be a good team in a few weeks but no quite yet.

Madison by 21....Hate to say it but NB will struggle to win a game this season.

Pisgah by 10....Looks like Pisgah may be a little down and Enka might be decent. It wont be enough for the Jets to win in Canton.

Crest by 6...This will be TCR's best chance to beat Crest but I still think they will have their hands full

Shelby by 3....Definitely the game of the week on this side of the state. Hard to go against a 4 time defending champ on the road. I wouldn't be shocked if ACR won either though.

Hendersonville by 35....Hendo went out and picked up some of the counties best talent from other schools. It will show in this game.

Webb by 14.....I really don't know here. From what the Asheville fans are saying they are struggling so I will go with home team.

East Henderson by 3....East seems to have some life this season. North lost a few of their best players to Hendo. That really hurt them.

Did Wilkins see this coming and decide to retire, much like Kenny Ford at Owen? Coaches know what's coming and if it's close to time that may push them to retiring. I know Coach Conner's last 2 years at ACR he went 4-7 and 3-7, then Poss came and went 7-5 and 3-7 before 3 straight 9-2 seasons and a 15-1, so I'm sure the talent will be back at Asheville, be patient we all go through it. Asheville has talent, and they will be fine.

I think it is just a slump that all teams go through. I watched Erwin and Asheville play for the middle school championship last season and they had plenty of talent. Their youth league was very good too. There could be many factors. Not to open a old argument but less transfers from local schools? New coaching? Who knows. I am still not buying the whole doom and gloom thing with Asheville though. They are still dangerous and could beat anyone in WNC on any given night.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Asheville Cougar recipe:

Start with a new head coach. Throw in a whole new scheme. Add a dozen players who don't care about anything. Mix in a middle school coach who has been telling his players to transfer out for years. Bake at 350 with a stadium 1/3 filled with angry moms and dads yelling at the coaching staff. Remove from oven and allow to cool with a new Superintendent and new Principal every 2 to 3 years who are from other states and don't know or care about Asheville tradition.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Asheville Cougar recipe:

Start with a new head coach. Throw in a whole new scheme. Add a dozen players who don't care about anything. Mix in a middle school coach who has been telling his players to transfer out for years. Bake at 350 with a stadium 1/3 filled with angry moms and dads yelling at the coaching staff. Remove from oven and allow to cool with a new Superintendent and new Principal every 2 to 3 years who are from other states and don't know or care about Asheville tradition.
I was told my someone at the middle school that Aiden white was the closest thing to Crezdon butler that he had ever seen since 2000 when crezdon went to AMS. Aiden white transferred to Christ school and never played a down for Asheville. I think he's a freshman over at Christ school now. So to BDs point, not only is Asheville not getting transfers like we used to, there are actually guys leaving.

I've heard for 3+ years how good our middle school was and our JV has been awful. I think slot of it is the players just don't care. They are on the team to wear a jersey and take pictures. I know for a fact some of the players last year has their phones at practice. That gives you an idea what they're worried about.

Our youth league had several players playing for other high schools, donterion mosely asheville youth league product , jhari Patterson asheville youth league product and I'm sure there are many more just a few that had impacts this past Friday for Erwin and Reynolds my point is just because they play for asheville youth league doesn't mean they will play for asheville high school

I have given Asheville a hard time about their transfers from other schools but its happening more and more in the county schools. Erwin has got a few and lost some as well the past few seasons. Like Cougar1 said kids don't seem to have the heart as much anymore. As for the transfer issue I think Christ School is the one we should all hate. They are so dirty and I hope no school from WNC sets foot on the field with them from now on.

Heritage up 44 to 6 over Erwin. 3:32 left in the 3rd left.
I'm telling you what. These country boys... The franklins, the tuscolas, the mountain heritages... These guys play harder than everybody around here and I think it's pretty clear. You can watch them play and tell they play for the love of the game and enjoy it. They embrace not having the speed or "athletes" by being in the right spots at all times.

Reactions: cougars45
Asheville fans that go to the game will get to see what might be one of the best RBs in the country 2021 Elijah Howard.Tennessee offered him as a 8th grader.Webb is a private school.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT