ADVERTISEMENT

Will Quavaris Crouch stay at Harding University?

nepsy7

Oct 3, 2009
With his coach Sam Greiner allegedly moving on to Hickory Ridge. Will Crouch stay with a skeleton of a team returning? 5 Star and #1 recruit out of NC class of 2019. What are his options?

With his coach Sam Greiner allegedly moving on to Hickory Ridge. Will Crouch stay with a skeleton of a team returning? 5 Star and #1 recruit out of NC class of 2019. What are his options?
Options:
Pick up and move with Greiner or to another CMS school
A private school like Charlotte Christian
IMG Academy
Out of state school

Only if he is given custody or adopts. Or parents move to the district. Bet he won't be at Harding though.

Depends on Harding's next head coach. If it's the OC or DC I could see him staying

The 2 options from what I was told IMG but his parents isn't down for him leaving and going out that far or a local cms school. But I know 1 thing...the recruiting for him is definately going on heavily now.

Here is a unique idea. Why not just go play ball with your boys. Maybe you dont get a ring but your senior year playing ball with the guys you have been playing with for 7 or 8 years is more than wins or losses.

By all accounts this is a special kid. They could lose every game by 50 next year and he isnt gonna lose one offer. Go have fun young fella. Trust me the real grind is coming regardless of where you end up going and its only gonna intensify. I cant think of a less fun atmosphere than traveling to Bradenton where your family cant see you play and hanging with a bunch of 5 star prima donna head cases.

There will be plenty of time for that in 12 months. Make this year about family, friends and fun. Nobody is gonna remember how many games you won at Harding your senior year 10 years from now. I guarantee you will remember the fun times after practice or in the locker room.

Cougs is an inside source with a wealth of information with those options. Good grief.

It's not our fault that Scotland County's economy is booming. Jobs galore, houses well below market value, extremely low taxes, new city hall buildings, millions earmarked for new schools, etc. are creating opportunities for families. The fact that these families just happen to have kids that play football is just a by prouduct of these happenings.

You're kidding right? Scotland County has a booming economy? Interesting. I'll have to ride down there and check out all the new developments.

Harding had a DC in name, he handled a lot of the substitution patterns and coaching while Greiner was calling plays. Smart young guy.

You're kidding right? Scotland County has a booming economy? Interesting. I'll have to ride down there and check out all the new developments.
Please do. I think you will like what we have to offer. You don't by chance have a son that plays football do you? Two sons would be even better.

Reactions: nepsy7
Here is a unique idea. Why not just go play ball with your boys. Maybe you dont get a ring but your senior year playing ball with the guys you have been playing with for 7 or 8 years is more than wins or losses.

By all accounts this is a special kid. They could lose every game by 50 next year and he isnt gonna lose one offer. Go have fun young fella. Trust me the real grind is coming regardless of where you end up going and its only gonna intensify. I cant think of a less fun atmosphere than traveling to Bradenton where your family cant see you play and hanging with a bunch of 5 star prima donna head cases.

There will be plenty of time for that in 12 months. Make this year about family, friends and fun. Nobody is gonna remember how many games you won at Harding your senior year 10 years from now. I guarantee you will remember the fun times after practice or in the locker room.
I respect loyalty and riding for the home team but if ur like this kid with so many options where someone is willing 2 front u going 2 a school or move u n a district 2 go there...dont blame him for at least looking into the option. Playing football has only a small window so I wouldn't blame him for going 2 an IMG. He has 3 to 4yrs he' s going 2 have 2 b loyal 2 a college that's gonna use his talents 2 make millions n a college coach that could bail b4 the ink drys the day he signs 2 commit. In our regional game vs Harding we had better facilties (tents) at halftime then they did (nothing). Whatever decision he decides I hope n wish the best 4 him.... (side note) he would look great in coach Brand's scheme wearing that orange n blue lol

Whatever Q decides its small potatoes, he has bigger dreams and goals than his senior year in high school. It wouldnt surprise me one bit to see him enjoy his senior year and help his teammates get offers as he said after the state title game.

Graduate early and then go to college. If he does leave, that would be the motivation to do so. Not to win a state title or earn anymore accolades than he already has. He is the epitome of selfless, not selfish.

I respect loyalty and riding for the home team but if ur like this kid with so many options where someone is willing 2 front u going 2 a school or move u n a district 2 go there...dont blame him for at least looking into the option. Playing football has only a small window so I wouldn't blame him for going 2 an IMG. He has 3 to 4yrs he' s going 2 have 2 b loyal 2 a college that's gonna use his talents 2 make millions n a college coach that could bail b4 the ink drys the day he signs 2 commit. In our regional game vs Harding we had better facilties (tents) at halftime then they did (nothing). Whatever decision he decides I hope n wish the best 4 him.... (side note) he would look great in coach Brand's scheme wearing that orange n blue lol

Not a loyalty question and he has every right to explore options. I am not blaming him one bit. All I'm saying is he is 17 and chase memories and not rings. 35 years later its gonna be the fun times and the grind with your guys that you remember fondly. Not traveling to a recruited up school in Florida playing with a bunch of guys you have never met and pummeling teams just because you can. The Harding story is special because it was a bunch of west side kids getting it done. Thats the Disney moment.

I get it. Everyone wants Crouch.............all seems a little silly to me but that is what HS sports looks like in 2018.

The bigger question may be does he carry the rock next year or does he just play on the defensive side of the ball??

What about the 2020 RB and the 2020 DB? Those 2 kids will rack up offers in the next 12-18 months. Wonder where they will end up. Lots of talent Griener left over there at Harding outside of Crouch. I’m sure some CMS programs will try to lure those kids.

Will be a major red flag if he does go to HR. Lots of Harding players are shouting out “loyalty” since Greiner’s leave.

Will be a major red flag if he does go to HR. Lots of Harding players are shouting out “loyalty” since Greiner’s leave.
I can see their hurt and why Greiner left. There are two sides. On one you have the kids who I know truly believed Coach Greiner was in it for the long haul and was bent on building Harding back into a year in year out power.
However, I also see Greiner's point of view. Striking while the iron is hot and getting in my opinion one of the best jobs in the area at Hickory Ridge. Better pay, better facilities, better support from fans and administration, etc etc.
Two sides, neither one wrong.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
If you saw Harding JV play last year, you knew instantly their was no long term plan of building a program. They had 2 coaches and maybe 6 fans that attended the game.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Greiner would have fizzled out in that work environment. Guy was doing everything. CMS is not a cushy coaching stop. CMS pays teachers better than most and there is great talent and competition but the work conditions are tough and at some schools absolutely crushing.

Greiner would have fizzled out in that work environment. Guy was doing everything. CMS is not a cushy coaching stop. CMS pays teachers better than most and there is great talent and competition but the work conditions are tough and at some schools absolutely crushing.

Yeah, I get that but lets wait 4 or 5 years before we put him with Lombardi and Halas. I dont blame him for moving on and if Crouch follows I am fine with that as well. Huge difference in having a great season and sustaining excellence in a program.

He deserves an amazing amount of credit for growing food where food just doesnt grow but 6, 7, 8 years of sustained success is a different ball game. Its not just about one stellar senior class and the best football player in the country. Its 24/7 365 and developing 14 year olds for future success.

As Nepsy stated.............The JV squad was about as bad as anything I have seen in CMS over the past 8 or 9 years. Probably little he could do with the cards he was dealt but that shouldn't be an issue going forward.

Like most message boards, I'll say some of what is said here is true, but there's more to the story as always. UNCGrad and btango are on point and I would trust their words.

Hickory Ridge is a better situation yes, but the motivation is different than your statements Cougs, I know that first hand. Dig a little deeper, and in your true investigative reporting ways and you will find it. Lol

Nepsy/Blue and Gold - There will be rebuilding needed for sure, but Greiner built from a very young but talented JV a few years ago, and I think there are young athletes that will be coming through the halls of Harding once again. It will be interesting to see who takes over once Greiner leaves.

At the end of the day, Hickory Ridge is getting a very good coach to take over their program. Harding will still have some athletes to rebuild around, and Quavaris and his family will make whatever decision they feel is best for them.

Like most message boards, I'll say some of what is said here is true, but there's more to the story as always. UNCGrad and btango are on point and I would trust their words.

Hickory Ridge is a better situation yes, but the motivation is different than your statements Cougs, I know that first hand. Dig a little deeper, and in your true investigative reporting ways and you will find it. Lol

Nepsy/Blue and Gold - There will be rebuilding needed for sure, but Greiner built from a very young but talented JV a few years ago, and I think there are young athletes that will be coming through the halls of Harding once again. It will be interesting to see who takes over once Greiner leaves. That JV team would have had problems breaking 500 playing a middle school schedule.

At the end of the day, Hickory Ridge is getting a very good coach to take over their program. Harding will still have some athletes to rebuild around, and Quavaris and his family will make whatever decision they feel is best for them.

There is absolutely no comparison from the JV team i saw versus what Greiner was working with a few years ago. You could have Tommy Knotts & Mike Palmieri, along with Greiner on staff and it would be a tough uphill battle. There was zero coaching visibility. I believe the 2 guys coaching were 100% volunteers. It looked as though 85% of the players were playing their 1st year of organized football. It was that bad. Just my opinion, but i knew that day there was no way Greiner was coming back. That JV team would have a problem breaking 500 playing a middle school schedule

Last edited:
By rhe way...myself and Nepsy are looking to adopt if anyone has a couple stud players looking to move to MC. Preferably dlineman......we are all about the kids :)

Reactions: nepsy7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT