ADVERTISEMENT

Will Murphy vs. Robbinsville game be on radio online?

KW23

Feb 9, 2011
If so what radio station? Also I highly doubt it but neither of these teams have their own network like swain where you can watch the games online do they?

I know I've listened to games from Murphy in years past but don't remember the station. Does Robbinsville have a radio station that broadcasts their games or am I going to have to drive 100 hours next week to watch the game if they somehow pull the upset and beat murphy, and my Alleghany Trojans beat TJA Friday.?

If Robbinsville allows it the game will be broadcast on country.am

But I doubt they'll allow it. They didn't for the regular season. Walsh thinks it lets people stay home and not have to pay for a ticket lol

well that sucks so obviously Robbinsville doesn't have a radio station that broadcasts their games if that's the case? lol

keep me posted, I may listen to that game while sitting at the Alleghany one. lol

Originally posted by pollo_loco:

But I doubt they'll allow it. They didn't for the regular season. Walsh thinks it lets people stay home and not have to pay for a ticket lol
they don't have a choice, playoff game broadcasts are dictated by the NCHSAA, the game will be on the airwaves

WKRK 1320am from Murphy will probably broadcast the game since NCHSAA allows audio broadcasts.

I heard Rosman did a broadcast of last weeks game.

The home team doesn't have to provide space in their press box for a radio crew ( Wallace Rose Hill is terrible for this) but they can't stop you from broadcasting a playoff game. Regular season the school owns the rights, playoffs the NCHSAA owns the rights. If you have a mic. and $50.00 anyone can broadcast the game. If you have to do it from the stands, make sure you bring plenty of batteries.

Originally posted by mbdfan:
Originally posted by pollo_loco:

they don't have a choice, playoff game broadcasts are dictated by the NCHSAA, the game will be on the airwaves
That's good to hear for people who want to listen to the game.

Originally posted by Go4itKnights:
WKRK 1320am from Murphy will probably broadcast the game since NCHSAA allows audio broadcasts.

I heard Rosman did a broadcast of last weeks game.
I can confirm Rosman did broadcast. Space was at a premium in the visitor's wing of the Big Oaks press box: 4 from the radio, 2 coaches, the videographer, and the statistician, but we all managed quite well. :)

It would be fine if every game was on the radio...but it would take an idiot not to think some might decide to stay home from a game in cold weather that they could listen to for free and stay warm. And we are all very aware that some may not be physically able to come to a game and it would be a great service to the sick or shut in, to have a game on the radio..but the fact remains that football is the big money maker for these small school athletic departments and they need the extra money for equipment and such for all sports. Ever wondered why occasionally a sports event that would be on tv is blacked out in a area when all the tickets aren't sold?

Would love to see this one. Also wondering how good Murphy could be right now with Cox and Braswell?

Also would like to see this Galaviz (sp?) kid in person.

Well thank goodness Braswell got his four years in and graduated last year. If Cox had not been injured, every 1A team in the state would be shakin' in their boots. He was awesome. I hope he can come back from his injury and play somewhere on Saturdays next year.

Cruz is a solid muscle, hates to go down - that kid can flat drag'em down the field with him.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Also Cruz is not the big. Its been along time (if ever) since I have seen a running back that size break so many tackles. I have seen 8 kids touch him and not bring him down. And he leave both hands on the ball while breaking tackles. He just steps threw and continues on. It has really been fun watching him over the last 6 years. And Skylar is fast. Skylar should be hand down the SMC QB of the year and One of the SMC top Defensive players.And this Friday he will get to show another side of his Skills at QB.

Cruz only played the first quarter vs Hayesville and 1/2 against Rosman. Will he be healthy enough to play 4 quarters tonight?
BELIEVE IN THE JOURNEY!!!

I think somebody forgot to tell the schools. I can not find this game on any airwaves, or webways either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT