ADVERTISEMENT

Will It Happen Again ? Makes for another great game.....

FridayNiteLights1217

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2007
Will it be #1 Mount Airy vs #3 Murphy for the Western Championship For The 2nd Streight Year ?

....Tuesday Feb. 27th Western Simifinals
#4 East Wilkes (23-4) @ #1 Mount Airy (24-2)
#10 Cherokee (19-6) @ #3 Murphy (26-2)

Very possible, but Murphy has their hands full Tuesday with a team that gave them one of their two losses. I think last year was a 4th round game, though, because it was at Mt Airy.

Mostly the same players from last year, too, on both sides I think. Murphy graduated one of their two 6 footers from last year, but return pretty much everyone else and had a pretty good freshman come in. Would be a good rematch if it happens, but Cherokee is tough.

Dont sleep on east wilkes. There is 3 teams left from their MVAC conference.
only 1 1A team & 2 are 2A teams . Good luck, the Bears have a mission to repeat last years state championship and with most everyone back and the experence who knows ?

Mount Airy will have no problems on Tuesday with East Wilkes. East Wilkes does not have the guns to handle Mount Airy and has not played anyone near MA level this season, this will be a 20-30pt game.

40-39 last year. Murphy led 37-33 midway through the fourth quarter. Jo Snow brought MA back with a three and then a runner in the lane with 9.2 seconds left to regain the lead. Stole the ball off an inbounds pass with five seconds left and that was the ballgame.

That was the real state championship and it was played in front of a hundred people in the Mount Airy gym. Most of MA's fans were at the boys' game on the road.

I believe either one of those teams could have won the 2A state title last year, let alone the 1A.

I agree. Mount airy will have no problem with East. Mount airy's guards are just too skilled and athletic for what East has. And they have the size to neutralize East's inside game.

1A GIRLS
1f3c0.png
“FINAL 4”
1f43b.png
Go Bears
.........West #1 Mount Airy vs #3 Murphy
.........East #1 Pamlico vs #10 Weldon

Well it will be #1 Mount Airy vs #3 Murphy for the Western Championship
Last year it was #3 Mount Airy vs #6 Avery Co Mount Airy winning 49-38 then #3 Mount Airy Winning The State Champinoship over #4 Pamlico 66 to 40 .. The real State Champinoship played in the Quarter Finals
#3 Mount Airy (40) #10 Murphy (39) Bears better be ready to play on a nutural court. No mistakes and less fouls. Go Bears ! !

...............Good Luck & Safe Travel To All ! !

Last edited:
The refs sort of took Shaunae Sawyers out of the game for MA tonight, I don't think she played 10 minutes before fouling out. Three of the five were very questionable calls. But that's part of the game. Problem with playing MA is that their second unit of guards is better than most team's starters. They put Alyssa Cox out there and didn't miss a beat, and later on they put Bailey Flippen in and she played well, too. But the biggest problem other teams have is that MA has Jo Snow and they don't. She had 28 tonight.

Sort of knew it would come down to Murphy again. In the past two seasons, that's the second-best team MA has faced; only West Forsyth this year was better, and Murphy could play with them just like MA could.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT