ADVERTISEMENT

Will Grier- Florida Gators

Hell Yes said:If history proves true he eventually rides the bench in obscurity as most high profile NC recruits do when they leave the state.

When crazy people make statements! Always consider the source before you co-sign with them...:)

STARTERS!
Emmanuel Moseley (Dudley) Starting CB: Tenn
Keon Johnson (AL.Brown) Starting WR: Virgina
Tyqyan Lewis (Tarlboro, NC) Starting DE: Ohio State
Marquez North (Mallard Creek) Starting WR: Tenn
Kris Frost (Butler) Starting LB: Auburn
Tj.Thorpe (Durham) Starting WR: Virgina
Sean Wiggins (Butler) Starting LB: Ball State
Tony Reid (Mallard Creek) Starting S: Miami/Ohio
Dominique Heath (Hopewell) Starting WR: Kansas State
Lewis Neal (Wilson,NC) Starting DE: LSU
Jonathan Bullard (Crest) Starting DE: Florida
Peter Kalambayi (Butler) Starting LB: Stanford
Channing Stribling (Butler) Starting CB: Michigan
Pharoh Cooper (Havelock) Starting WR: South Carolina
Adonis Alexander (Independence) Starting S: V Tech
Tyrone Crowder (Richmond County) Starting G: Clemson
Ikeem Allen (Mallard Creek) Starting DT: Miami/Ohio
Eric Maclain (Southview) Starting G: Clemson
Matthias Farley (Charlotte Christian) Starting S: Notre Dame
Chris Smith (West Rowan) Starting DE: Arkansas/Jacksonville Jaguars
DJ Humphries (Mallard Creek) Starting OT: Florida/Arizona Cardinals
Todd Gurley (Tarlboro) Starting RB: Georgia/St.Louis Rams
Jahwan Edwards (Butler) Starting RB: Ball State (All time leading rusher), Atlanta Falcons
Stephone Anthony (Anson) Starting LB: Clemson/New Orleans Saints
Keenan Allen (Northern Guilford) Starting WR: Cal Berkely/San Diego Chargers

(2 deep)
Greg Gilmore (Southview) 2 deep DT: LSU
Braxton Berrios ( Leesville Rd) 2 deep WR: Miami

Larenz Bryant (Vance) 2 deep LB: South Carolina
Jaire Alexander (Rocky River) 2 deep CB: Louisville

Actually, Eric Mc Lain and brother are at Clemson went to JBritt. Clemson has 9 starters from N.C.
As Nep mentioned and 4 very local: Ty Crowder-Richmond, Joe Gore-East Columbus, E. Mc Lain-JB, Gibson-Gray's Creek

If those players were in NC the NC school would be # 1. Not Clemson. Have some pride.

What is obvious is that Harris was not even close to being the QB that Will Grier was. Had a handful of touchdown passes and would not stay in the pocket. Harris is too short to be a passing QB and his skill set is very limited. Florida barely had any offense with him at the helm but had a great defense. He would have definitely beat out Harris next year after the suspension lift.

Transferring to a major program will mean he will be a fourth year junior. Not exactly how you want your career to go. It might be interesting if he were to elect to attend East Carolina where his dad played. With former Burns alumni and former Duke assistant Scotty Montgomery the new coach of ECU he could make them an instant up and coming program. I would like that scenerio. He will get lots of offers this year to play at big programs. Hopefully he goes to a program known for throwing the ball a lot.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
If those players were in NC the NC school would be # 1. Not Clemson. Have some pride.

Your argument continues to be that these kids should forgo opportunities at major colleges across the country because they should stay home for state pride. Grier is just one of many examples of NC kids prospering around the country. Bryce Love getting many snaps for nationally ranked Stanford. Saw Bullard made some All-American teams for Florida. Okawara had a great year at ND. Just a couple more examples.

The Grier situation is disappointing but it certainly doesn't mean the book has been closed. I have zero idea what went in to his decision making process but what isn't debatable is on the field he was the difference between them being a national title contender and a also ran.

I enjoy watching NC football and I think UNC's season is probably a step in the right direction but even at the height of their success there are thousands of empty seats around the stadium in Chapel Hill . By comparison Gainesville, Tallahasee and Tuscaloosa it is a religion. Could never question a kids desire to be part of that.

Miami was the most dominant team ever with thousands and thousands of empty seats and local pride. More fail than succeed and that is just a fact. Grier has not been a susccess, that is just stupid. He was asked to roid up to be ready as a freshman because the football power put winning first. He wouldn't have needed the juice if he was allowed to develop naturally.

He will now be on thee NCAA watch list and if you don't know what happens when you come off the juice then read up.

Again, anyone want to bet on bj? Stay at home and build something real.

Heel yes does not like players leaving out of state to play. He would prefer they all stay home and play for the Heels. He dislike's the idea of kids leaving to play out of state, so he embellishes and says they don't do well. In fact they actually do very well. :)

I would have love to see Grier playing under Coach Cutcliffe. If your a QB with good grades and reside in NC. Duke should definitely be an option.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
There are plenty of top notch choices in their state besides UNC.

If the rest of you guys showed some pride in your homes the kids wouldn't have to be convinced to stay home. They would want to.
Charlotte
App
Wake
Duke
UNC
State
Ecu

Everything is here.

Teach them how to make a winner.

It amazes me your still allowed to post on these boards. Years of allegations about coaches recruiting, payoffs and other allegations. None of which you have ever provided a ounce of evidence for.

You are truly a tool.

Reactions: tigertown21
There are plenty of top notch choices in their state besides UNC.

If the rest of you guys showed some pride in your homes the kids wouldn't have to be convinced to stay home. They would want to.
Charlotte
App
Wake
Duke
UNC
State
Ecu

Everything is here.

Teach them how to make a winner.
Really??? And which one of those are Top-Notch on a regular??? So, I guess all the States without major Div.I schools should stay home and suffer.

The Carolina fan kills me. UNC is a basketball school. The minute they go back to 6-6, football will be forgotten. They weren't even filling the stadium this year. Kids want to play for a real program.

The Carolina fan kills me. UNC is a basketball school. The minute they go back to 6-6, football will be forgotten. They weren't even filling the stadium this year. Kids want to play for a real program.
As Gomer Pyle would say, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.......!!!!!

Reactions: nepsy7
Grier could go to JUCO for a year and then come back to the Gators...maybe..

The Gators have two QBs coming in this January. I think they will be fine. There are 4 QB's in thought: (not including Treon)
1. Feliepe Franks
2. Luke Del Rio
3. Jacob Guy
4. Kyle Trask

And yes Luke Del Rio is related to Jack Del Rio.

Here's an additional article:
http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature...wsletter&utm_campaign=florida-gators-football

Last edited by a moderator:
The focus should be that these kids are going to college and not wasting their talents. UNC has no excuse nor does NC STATE. Better coaching, better recruiting not that hard of a formula.If Cut can make Duke an 8-9 win team no matter how soft the schedule is there is no reason why UNC cannot be a 10-11 win team and the same for State. Currently Duke's recruiting class is ranked ahead of States and neck and neck with UNC. Go figure. If UNC can't capitalize on the state of college football in the ACC then they will be back to a 6-6 program as someone mentioned. It's not up to the kids it's up to the schools to win them over. UVA and VA TECH improved greatly IMO with their recent coaching hires.

You so realize UNC is a more national brand in football than state or duke. They can get kids from texas, alabama, florida and Georgia. Now its a big opportunity for duke and state and wakr to capitalize on instate talent. The sleeper school that i see making BIG leapes in App State. Watch

Reactions: Godevilsgo
You so realize UNC is a more national brand in football than state or duke. They can get kids from texas, alabama, florida and Georgia. Now its a big opportunity for duke and state and wakr to capitalize on instate talent. The sleeper school that i see making BIG leapes in App State. Watch
I agree. Two guys in my son's suite at App State are from great South Carolina and Florida high schools known for football. One played on the national champ Booker T Washington Miami team in 2013. Here they are in the second year of D1 and in a bowl game in the first year of being bowl eligible. Won the game and recorded a record number of wins for the conference they are in. Sure its not a big time conference but they had to start somewhere and its not like they were going to get an invite into the SEC.

Yeah...it was a terrible move for DJ Humphries to go down there. He was only a first round draft choice. Marquez North seems to be struggling at Tennessee as well. Started as a freshman. Gurley had a rough go of it at Georgia...another first round draft pick. Bullard is making little impact at Florida- Pre-season all SEC. Pharoah Cooper is the entire offense at South Carolina.

It depends on the kid and the program. They could stayed home and played for Fedora like Hood, that has played out well..

North leaving tenn

North leaving tenn..

Amazing to me that you are still allowed to post on any of these boards. Years of accusations without a shred of proof-

- Accused multiple coaches and schools of illegally recruiting
- Accused coaches of taking illegal payoffs to send kids to a specific college
- Now we have accused a parent and Tennessee athletic dept of improper incentives

When asked to prove any of it you simple fade away for a month or so only to return and do it again on another topic.

North leaving tenn

He was a freshman All American in 2013. He reinjured the shoulder that he had problems with in high school and missed much of 2014. A foot injury seems to have been his biggest issue. Tennessee staff expected him to start and be a top producer his sophomore year and again as junior if he were back to 100%. He was able to compete at the highest level. The Big 4 were not hitting on much when he came out of high school.

He was a freshman All American in 2013. He reinjured the shoulder that he had problems with in high school and missed much of 2014. A foot injury seems to have been his biggest issue. Tennessee staff expected him to start and be a top producer his sophomore year and again as junior if he were back to 100%. He was able to compete at the highest level. The Big 4 were not hitting on much when he came out of high school.

Sounds like he's gonna declare. Not sure its a great decision but people said that about Humphries as well and he went Rd1. Been injured a ton going all the way back to his senior season at MC. As perfect a physical specimen as you will see but injuries combined with poor QB play at Tenn have kept his production way down. he will probably grade off the charts at the combine.

We will see.

The deadline for underclassmen to declare was yesterday wasn't it?

And once again the local schools aren't doing good because the local talent is leaving not the other way around.

No degree, no football, and no local connections developed where your from.

If you never played a down in college what would you be better off with, a degree from the big 4 or the sec?

I think it was the 15th so that would have been Friday (CORRECTION IT APPEARS TO BE MONDAY JANUARY 18th). With his body beat up he is probably better to set out a year and get healthy. We do not know what his actual physical situation is. Sitting out a year still leaves him with a season to play due to not redshirting previously.

Which degree is better depends on where you plan to live in my opinion. If you planto return to NC best bet for future networking would be the state schools (UNC, NCSU, ECU, ASU, UNCC).

Last edited:

And once again the local schools aren't doing good because the local talent is leaving not the other way around.

If you never played a down in college what would you be better off with, a degree from the big 4 or the sec?

You are who you are, no matter where you are! Marquez North is a exceptionally bright kid. Carried a 3.8 Gpa through out high school. Goal after Football. Law School! Tenn also has a lifetime program. He has the opportunity to come back and finish his degree whenever he likes. Made Deans list every semester with the Vols. Your success after any University you attend is based on how you were able to network and brand yourself while you attended that Univ.

If you make it or fail, the determining factor is not based on the School you attended. It has everything to do with who you are as an individual.

Heel Yes your argument is extremely weak.

Marquez is 100% recovered from all injuries. Ramondo and him decided based on his situation . The Draft would be his best move. Period!

If the local schools want the elite kids to stay then they need to do a better job of recruiting not the other way around. Time and again they are late to the party when offering these kids. How does Tennessee, Florida State and Virginia Tech beat you to the punch on kids in your own backyard.

Correction January 18th (Monday) appears to be the last day underclassmen can declare. He has an NFL body and NFL ability. The key is getting to the right place and staying healthy for him.

For those of us who grew up in the state of NC we understand Heel Yes... It is a state pride thing. Nothing more nothing less. You always want the hometown/the state to do good, but of corse you don't wish any kid to do bad if they choose to leave... I just choose to not blame the kids but the staffs MUST do a better job of recruiting or it may take a decade to reel this thing in because the flood gates are open with departures... Check my post on Brelin Faison-Walden... 4star guy, great grades/size/speed... Only ECU from the state big boys have offered him... Guess who else.... BAMA.... nuff said... Smh

For those of us who grew up in the state of NC we understand Heel Yes... It is a state pride thing. Nothing more nothing less. You always want the hometown/the state to do good, but of corse you don't wish any kid to do bad if they choose to leave... I just choose to not blame the kids but the staffs MUST do a better job of recruiting or it may take a decade to reel this thing in because the flood gates are open with departures... Check my post on Brelin Faison-Walden... 4star guy, great grades/size/speed... Only ECU from the state big boys have offered him... Guess who else.... BAMA.... nuff said... Smh

Which is exactly my point. Bitch about these kids staying home all you want but Alabama beat the in state schools to the punch. Don't know what the percentages look like when a top 10 BCS school offers before the in state schools but I would bet 75% go with that first offer. This is a in state recruiting problem and I could list 10 kids in the past 2 years that were offered by FSU, Bama, Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina before the big 4 offered. You snooze you lose because you are already at a disadvantage. Play in Knoxville or Tallahassee or play in Chapel hill. Not very tough choice.

Reactions: L Boog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT