ADVERTISEMENT

Will Butler show up?

They always show up (anyone, anywhere, anytime). The question is whether or not they'll be worth a damn once they get there.

Never sleep on Butler and Hales. Their is always an advantage when the Coach has been there before.

I was curious because everything is Indy, MC, NB and SC.............So im sitting here thinking, where in the equation does Butler fall in

Last edited:
Butler is going to score a ton of points just because they always do, but there's a new D Coordinator for this season and the special-ed teams have been laughable ever since Newsome left in '10.

I'm not expecting much from the not-so-special teams, but the revamped defense is going to have to make a statement for Butler to have any sort of shot of contending for a title. An added challenge will be doing all this with the smallest roster, size-wise, in school history. Butler used to have giant bodies selling programs before the games because there weren't enough jerseys for them all, but those days are long gone, at least for the time being. We'll probably be outmanned size-wise across the board against half of the teams we'll play this year, so it will be an uphill battle to remain ranked in the top 10.

The thing is with Butler, though, is that it doesn't take much defense helping out for that crazy offense to really be able to do a lot of damage. It doesn't have to be a great defense for Butler to be dangerous, but it at least needs to be a decent defense.

My pre-season rankings have Butler ranked #5 in Charlotte behind Mallard Creek, Catholic, Vance and Indy. This should be a power year for the city in general, so top 5 in Charlotte in 2015 probably also means that you are top 15 or so in the state. If the defense pans out, then they'll probably end up in the top 10. If the defense isn't any better at all than it was last year, then they'll probably have a hard time staying in the top 20.

Last edited:
Butler is going to score a ton of points just because they always do, but there's a new D Coordinator for this season and the special-ed teams have been laughable ever since Newsome left in '10.

I'm not expecting much from the not-so-special teams, but the revamped defense is going to have to make a statement for Butler to have any sort of shot of contending for a title. An added challenge will be doing all this with the smallest roster, size-wise, in school history. Butler used to have giant bodies selling programs before the games because there weren't enough jerseys for them all, but those days are long gone, at least for the time being. We'll probably be outmanned size-wise across the board against half of the teams we'll play this year, so it will be an uphill battle to remain ranked in the top 10.

The thing is with Butler, though, is that it doesn't take much defense helping out for that crazy offense to really be able to do a lot of damage. It doesn't have to be a great defense for Butler to be dangerous, but it at least needs to be a decent defense.

My pre-season rankings have Butler ranked #5 in Charlotte behind Mallard Creek, Catholic, Vance and Indy. This should be a power year for the city in general, so top 5 in Charlotte in 2015 probably also means that you are top 15 or so in the state. If the defense pans out, then they'll probably end up in the top 10. If the defense isn't any better at all than it was last year, then they'll probably have a hard time staying in the top 20.

Top 5 in Charlotte is top ten in the state. A coach in Charlotte was pretty sure Butler defense will be quicker to the ball this year.

Top 5 in Charlotte is top ten in the state. A coach in Charlotte was pretty sure Butler defense will be quicker to the ball this year.

If they run appropriate alignments for a change, then they'll already be 20 yards closer to the ball than they were last year, so in theory they should be a LOT quicker to the ball.

Realistically, it would be awfully hard for them to be slower to the ball than they were the last two years no matter what they do. That's what happens when you're lined up half a field away from where the opponent is lined up.

Butler will be very good they will have one of the top rushing attacks in the state an I have gotten to see them this offseason coach hales has them working super hard they have had a few studs move into the area. I wont say if they are better then mallard creek because that would be a dumb statement but I feel they will once again push everyone in the state.

I think they win the conference, but I seem to be outnumbered with my opinion.

Butler will show up and they will be very good. After seeing Indy at camp this past week I am picking the Bulldogs to win the SW4A.

@CatholicCougs14 - Have you seen butler this offseason? Has anyone? The big question mark is the OL, plus DT will be a question now that the best DT in maybe Butler history just graduated.

@CatholicCougs14 - Have you seen butler this offseason? Has anyone? The big question mark is the OL, plus DT will be a question now that the best DT in maybe Butler history just graduated.

Butler will be fine yes they will be young on the O line from talking to one of the coaches but they will be tough on defensive an still have one of the state best running backs back for senior year. There skill postions are good there staff does things that you don't see most hs do that you see college programs do in terms of getting there guys ready for game day.

With Lemay coming back that is a huge help for Butler on O. I have not been able to go see Butler practice, hopefully I'll catch them in a scrimmage soon. I honestly think Butler will win the SW4A this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT