Will anyone take them out in 2017?

Mitchell county mountie

Aug 27, 2015
MICS wll have one of the toughest schedules in 1A.

3A Stuart Cramer
2A Graham
Bessemer City
Thomas Jefferson
Yeah not hardly. While Mitchell's schedule isn't much better, MICS' schedule is no where near the toughest. Think Avery; they play
1a Mitchell
1a Polk
2a Mountain Heritage
4a McDowell
4a Watauga
Cloudland (Tennessee)

Mitchell plays
1a Polk
2a Mountain Heritage
2a RS Central
3a Erwin
4a McDowell

Not to mention the entire SMC...

Reactions: sbbbfan

Smoking Gunz

Oct 19, 2016
Yeah not hardly. While Mitchell's schedule isn't much better, MICS' schedule is no where near the toughest. Think Avery; they play
1a Mitchell
1a Polk
2a Mountain Heritage
4a McDowell
4a Watauga
Cloudland (Tennessee)

Mitchell plays
1a Polk
2a Mountain Heritage
2a RS Central
3a Erwin
4a McDowell

Not to mention the entire SMC...
I don't see to many 1A playing a 3A team

mbdfan

Mar 17, 2007
I don't see to many 1A playing a 3A team
Murphy has played a 3A sized school or larger in non conference for years, in fact I couldn't even tell you the last time they didn't. Tuscola in the late 90's, Asheville in the early 00's, Trinity in the early 00's, Kennesaw Mountain GA in the early 00's (huge school, equivalent to a 4AA in NC), North Gaston in the mid 00's, Chattahoochee GA in the mid 00's (another huge school equal to a 4AA in NC) and Franklin and Smoky Mountain for years while they were still 3A. In more recent times 'Dogs have played Ringgold GA, Fannin County GA, Gilmer County GA. That's in addition to the solid private schools like Christ Presbyterian TN, Tyner Academy TN, Charlotte Latin, etc.

Mitchell county mountie

Aug 27, 2015
Mitchell had always scheduled 3a and 4a schools. Have always played McDowell, and played Watauga for years. They had trouble with finding teams this year, but Erwin is fearless with their scheduling, and was up to the challenge.

bareman

Jun 23, 2001
Mt Airy vs 2A West Stokes, Eden Morehead, North Surry, & Surry Central, plus 1A's Starmount & Elkin

ESODcards

Nov 13, 2016
East Surry plays
1A East Wilkes & Starmount
2A West Stokes, North Surry & Surry Central
4A Ragsdale
Plus Mount Airy in conference

Smoking Gunz

Oct 19, 2016
I didn't say no one in 1A plays 3A. I said not too many play 3A teams. MICS playing SC is great and shows they want to compete.

I watched MICS again Saturday and they destroyed it. I might be wrong but I see more athletes all over the field this year. They played a athletic West Charlotte team and completely destroyed them and I might say had more athletes then they did. 7v7 is not real football for me but I saw enough to know this is not the same team as last year. Whenever you have the better athletes in a tournament with West Charlotte and Independence that's saying something.

NC nole fan

Sep 22, 2001
I didn't say no one in 1A plays 3A. I said not too many play 3A teams. MICS playing SC is great and shows they want to compete.

I watched MICS again Saturday and they destroyed it. I might be wrong but I see more athletes all over the field this year. They played a athletic West Charlotte team and completely destroyed them and I might say had more athletes then they did. 7v7 is not real football for me but I saw enough to know this is not the same team as last year. Whenever you have the better athletes in a tournament with West Charlotte and Independence that's saying something.
I thought MICS wasn't supposed to have as much "star power" this year? If they have more athletes than last year (when they had AW, TJ, TH, and EG, among many others), and have more and better athletes than Indy and WC, then no way can anyone claim that MICS has less "star power". Wouldn't surprise me at all to see MICS in 1aa sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

btango

Nov 5, 2003
Indy won two games including a win over winless Garinger.

WC won two games including a win over Hopewell whose one win was also against Garinger.

Reactions: BK13T-$

NC nole fan

Sep 22, 2001
Indy won two games including a win over winless Garinger.

WC won two games including a win over Hopewell whose one win was also against Garinger.
Yeah but we are talking about two traditional powers from the Charlotte metro area that are 4a/4aa sized schools here. It's insane that any 1a team would have more talent and athletes than them.

Last edited:

Smoking Gunz

Oct 19, 2016
Yeah but we are talking about two traditional powers from the Charlotte metro area that are 4a/4aa sized schools here. It's insane that any 1a team would have more talent and athletes than them.
Nole when I say "star power" I mean college recruiting wise. What people don't know is that MICS had a lot of talent backing those players up and developed them in practice #6 is a absolute stud. #6 has a few offers from what I was told. He stayed on defense last year. Remember they return #6, #5, #21, #10, #2 (#16). Aside from #10 all those are returning players that can go at 4.6.

NC nole fan

Sep 22, 2001
Nole when I say "star power" I mean college recruiting wise. What people don't know is that MICS had a lot of talent backing those players up and developed them in practice #6 is a absolute stud. #6 has a few offers from what I was told. He stayed on defense last year. Remember they return #6, #5, #21, #10, #2 (#16). Aside from #10 all those are returning players that can go at 4.6.
Well if they aren't stars now, I'm sure they will be by mid season. I remember #6. He was very good as a freshman last season and will only get better. Looks like MICS/Murphy round 2 upcoming, barring something crazy happening.

GreyGod623

Nov 24, 2012
Swain County has just been in a bit of a lull. Don't worry about them. The upcoming 8th, 9th, and 10th grade classes will make us all wish they were back in a lull.

BK13T-$

Jul 23, 2009
They pass a new rule about 4 years ago that stopped sesin from getting Cherokee kids. Know Dwain plays by the same rules. They will have a good team in a few years but the rule has obviously hurt them.

RichBlackman

Jul 27, 2017
I thought MICS wasn't supposed to have as much "star power" this year? If they have more athletes than last year (when they had AW, TJ, TH, and EG, among many others), and have more and better athletes than Indy and WC, then no way can anyone claim that MICS has less "star power". Wouldn't surprise me at all to see MICS in 1aa sooner rather than later.
MICS want be 1AA no time soon. Probably less kids in the school now. Stop you can uncross your fingers. MICS will be a problem for Murphy.

BK13T-$

Jul 23, 2009
I'm blocking this fool. I can't even read what the he'll he is typing. You guys have fun with this loser, I'm done!.

Squirrel Gravy

Sep 8, 2014
So you'll post a stupid video of Rickie Schroeder & Lawrence Tureaud, but you refuse to post a copy of the entrance lottery that should be readily available at the schools library. That pretty much says it all. That's cool.
Is the lottery even public record? I know FERPA is a big deal, but I don't know how it is applied here. Besides, if you are that concerned with it you could go get it yourself.

I say this as someone who has no love for charter schools, but if the state has already investigated them before I doubt you're going to find them breaking too many rules by being a hardass on a message board. If you don't like what charter schools are doing academically or athletically, change the way you vote and/or reach out to your representatives.

NC nole fan

Sep 22, 2001
MICS want be 1AA no time soon. Probably less kids in the school now. Stop you can uncross your fingers. MICS will be a problem for Murphy.
Of course they will be a problem for Murphy, just like Murphy will be a problem for MICS. As it stands right now, it's Murphy 1 MICS 0. :D

Reactions: Cold Biscuit

RichBlackman

Jul 27, 2017
Can't wait to start the season, MICS is more impressive in pads. LB core is deeper than I thought. With an ex-NFL LB coaching them up. MICS wants to see ROBBINSVILLE, Mitchell, Murphy on there road to state. Give mountain ball the shut mouth. Till following year then do it again.

Champ_24

Jul 25, 2003
NR will give all these 1a teams problem. They have athletes but always been solid on the line of scrimmage. They are my darkhorse to win it all

RichBlackman

Jul 27, 2017
NR will give all these 1a teams problem. They have athletes but always been solid on the line of scrimmage. They are my darkhorse to win it all
I dont much about them. But I dont know MICS has 41 varsity players 15 deep at o-line. Who are actually productive. The speed I dont even need to speak on

ObserveAndReport

Aug 18, 2009
I dont much about them. But I dont know MICS has 41 varsity players 15 deep at o-line. Who are actually productive. The speed I dont even need to speak on
North Rowan went 11-3 and made the third round in 2A last year . Lost a lot on D, but have a 1300 yard rusher back. Will be a tough out in 1AA bracket.

RichBlackman

Jul 27, 2017
North Rowan went 11-3 and made the third round in 2A last year . Lost a lot on D, but have a 1300 yard rusher back. Will be a tough out in 1AA bracket.
I hope they do make some noise and help 1AA west represent in title game. Due West Montgomery epic collapse/ choke, never got off the bus

bareman

Jun 23, 2001
Rich: MIC was suppose to be at North Stanly scrimmage next Thurs but pulled out....know why? Bears are coming down and I wanted to see the Raptors

Reactions: BK13T-$

Champ_24

Jul 25, 2003
I'm sure NR athletes may compare favorable to MICA. Should be an interesting year

BK13T-$

Jul 23, 2009
MIC ran away. Lmao.

That what happens with those type of people. Lol.

RichBlackman

Jul 27, 2017
MIC ran away. Lmao.

That what happens with those type of people. Lol.
Ran away??. You and your knights will get your shot. It's gone be the worst the defeat in the history of your program. Ol Rich is back to wearing his mink coat. I want ROBBINSVILLE worst than anybody. 100 points if we can, a running clock by the 1st quarter.

NC nole fan

Sep 22, 2001
Can't wait to start the season, MICS is more impressive in pads. LB core is deeper than I thought. With an ex-NFL LB coaching them up. MICS wants to see ROBBINSVILLE, Mitchell, Murphy on there road to state. Give mountain ball the shut mouth. Till following year then do it again.
Oh don't worry, you will get all of Murphy that you want! Careful what you wish for lest you get it!

Reactions: mbdfan

RichBlackman

Jul 27, 2017
Oh don't worry, you will get all of Murphy that you want! Careful what you wish for lest you get it!
I didn't know if it would be possible this year. But after a full evaluation. MICS is back at it throwing bombs in the 4th. Up 50 pts with 30 seconds remaining. Ol Rich is back in rare form. The "Boogyman" is coming.

Reactions: NC nole fan

mbdfan

Mar 17, 2007
I doubt Murphy will be getting any shut mouth this season, you might get your chance next year.

Reactions: NC nole fan

RichBlackman

Jul 27, 2017
Honestly Ol'Rich loves to talk trash. But I'm hold off on Murphy till we meet again. I respect them and they respect us. But for all you other slew foot, molasses speed built teams in the valley. MICS will be slapping you down one by one. Last year you got a sample of what MICS was all about. This year it's straight to the point.

ROBBINSVILLE we want you bad cant wait to me you. The silverspoons wanna invite you for dinner. We'll spare no expense the bill will over 80. It'll be enough for ESPN to mention us.

Michelle ol mountie has hyped you up so much. Its only right we take you out for dinner. On nice cool Friday night under the lights.

Latest posts