ADVERTISEMENT

Wildcats win

Wildcat10fan

Aug 9, 2014
Wildcats looked good last night in Hayesville but the officials were flag happy for 3 Qtrs. I have never seen so many in all my life. We came in banged up and Hayesville had a couple out too. This was not a conference game so it will be a different game when everybody is healthy and the field is not covered all night with flags. It was a win we needed after playing 3 2A schools and a undefeated Mitchell team

Wildcats looked good last night in Hayesville but the officials were flag happy for 3 Qtrs. I have never seen so many in all my life. We came in banged up and Hayesville had a couple out too. This was not a conference game so it will be a different game when everybody is healthy and the field is not covered all night with flags. It was a win we needed after playing 3 2A schools and a undefeated Mitchell team

Is there any question why Cherokee uses the Asheville Association for officiating. I rest my case!

Yep...I said on here yesterday I thought Hayesville would have the advantage because of their passing game, then Andrews stepped up and held the Jackets to 2-of-14 passing. Congratulations to the Wildcats.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Congratulations keep it rolling guys looks like you have a fine football team this year

Still have plenty to work on. Hayesville was very disciplined and played hard, Our kids played very hard for 4 qtrs and the only let down was special teams letting them score on a kickoff return and a fumble right before our workhorse crossed the goal line. Again, my only complaint was how many flags were thrown that killed sustained drives. Hayesville had their share also.

Were the officials "flag happy", or did the teams just commit a lot of fouls? Two ways of looking at it.

Of course your going to have penalties. Some games you will have more than others. We won the game so I didn't have to even bring the topic up. But if this is going to be how the SMC games are called this year then they need to be consistent every game.

Great to see Andrews playing well.

Thanks. Very hard game ahead. Travel to Big Oaks next. I've got to watch them twice this year and they are old school, drive it down the field, smash mouth football.They have everybody back on that big offensive line. This is a night where our big guys need to suck it up and play both sides. This is not a game where we can run a separate offense and defensive line. Just hope we can compete

Reactions: mbdfan
Congratulations Andrews. You definitely outplayed us. Hope you win all the rest of 'em (except one :)

Congratulations Andrews. You definitely outplayed us. Hope you win all the rest of 'em (except one :)
Thanks SamThe Man. We did play a complete game for the 1st time this year even with 3 of our guys banged up. I know your best lineman was out and another sick. It will be a harder game when we come back later in season. The conference looks more even for us bottom feeders and it's anybody's guess how it will turn out. Good luck on your season

We know all too well about life at the bottom and WE DON'T LIKE IT!
Would love to see the Braves and Wildcats give the rest of the league "fits".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT