ADVERTISEMENT

wifm radio no love for alleghany

KW23

Feb 9, 2011
Even though Alleghany has made it further than ever in playoffs. They choose to cover starmount for the second week in a row.

No surprise there. They love Elkin and Starmount. They cover them about 70% of the time. I love their commentators though. They do a very good job.

Well they are going to be disappointed when west montgomery wins by 21.

When the Rams came to Sparta to play we could not pick up WIFM up there after the game. That may be the reason.

I'm not a spokesman for WIFM but they try to broadcast games within their listening area and I don't think they consider Sparta in their listening area.

Well the internet was invented and you can listen to the radio on that. Plus I've gone to games in Sparta, then sat in the lowes foods parking lot after the game listening to WIFM to catch the scores(before I went down the mountain and lost reception) and that station came in just fine. Oh well it is all good. Alleghany may lose but I'm sure glad they are playin TJA instead of West Montgomery. I saw West Montgomery absolutely destroy a good Albemarle team this year, and if they play anything close to how they did in that game Starmount won't know what hit them.

Originally posted by KW23:

Well the internet was invented and you can listen to the radio on that. Plus I've gone to games in Sparta, then sat in the lowes foods parking lot after the game listening to WIFM to catch the scores(before I went down the mountain and lost reception) and that station came in just fine. Oh well it is all good. Alleghany may lose but I'm sure glad they are playin TJA instead of West Montgomery. I saw West Montgomery absolutely destroy a good Albemarle team this year, and if they play anything close to how they did in that game Starmount won't know what hit them.
If you're a sponsor (who pay for the broadcast), would you rather people in Sparta hear your ad or people in the Tri County area?

Well they cover one game per year(regular season) from all the area teams, MVAC Conference and Northwest, and then they just choose to cover only starmount in the playoffs I guess. But whatever man, like I said its all good, it gives me a reason to go watch Alleghany instead of saving gas money and staying home and listening to them. Goodluck to both Starmount and Alleghany this Friday!

Originally posted by KW23:

im probably going to hurt some of my Albemarle friends with this post , but here it goes, just curious who Albemarle beat this year that makes you sure they were a good team....I think they would have done pretty good in the 1a playoffs but not so sure how well they would of looked against the 1aa teams this year....

Not going to hurt my feeling, deacon. Albemarle was just a soso team this year. We didn't beat any really good teams, but I do think we would have made it to the second or third round and with a little luck the fourth round. The 1A was very weak this year so that's the reason I say that. But only if we had stayed on the weak side of the bracket. We would have went nowhere in 1AA. Albemarle is down and really don't know how long it will take us to get back to where we used to be if at all. Lots of housecleaning to be done and just hope we can get started this coming year. Happy Holidays Deacon.

its real hard to judge teams this year.....thanks for the holiday cheer and hope yours is great too....its been a long year and hate I haven't gotten to watch much football...I know you have your hands full too, let js and bluebones know im wishing them a happy thanksgiving and a merry Christmas...im probably dreaming but my grandson doesn't have his karate Friday and if nothing comes up (not sure that has much hope the way things been going) I am hoping to head to wm and watch a game....sure hope kw is wrong and starmount keeps it close, don't really care who wins.....weird that kw even gave alb, a thumbs up....

Starmount will give West Montgomery all it wants with their offense. West Montgomery is good but I was far from impressed.

Originally posted by prlyles:

If you're a sponsor (who pay for the broadcast), would you rather people in Sparta hear your ad or people in the Tri County area?
Bingo!

Small A is so weak this year who want to hear game with teams with losing record in playoffs in 3rd rd. Allegany has had easy rd in playoffs! 1AA is loaded!

Bareman at least I get to go watch Alleghany this Friday, where is your team at? Thanks for stating the obvious that 1AA is loaded.

In all reality, did MA get screwed with their seed and drawing Swain in the 1st round? Yea, you did. Is that a reason to downplay any other team that is still playing, just because yours isn't? Absolutely not. BTW, two 1a schools still playing beat that Swain team that blanked y'all... Just saying.

Originally posted by MA BEARMAN:
Small A is so weak this year who want to hear game with teams with losing record in playoffs in 3rd rd. Allegany has had easy rd in playoffs! 1AA is loaded!
Does this post surprise anyone?.....lol

"As for saying I am done smart guy I was talking about preps and people like u! I am done good by NC PREPS!"

I wish he would stick to the post above which he posted on another thread. He can't help himself.

Cant complain about WIFM those guys do some great coverage. They usually do spread their broadcasts around through the season. IF the Alleghany game was in Sparta on this weekend, it wouldnt suprise me if they didnt cover it instead of Starmount while they are away. They have sometimes done dual coverage of games. They will assuredly give updates on all area teams (all two of them) during the broadcast.

MMy point was 1A has most teams with losing record in the whole bracket. Starmount is the program of that area and come on who cares to hear game with AllG over Stm/ WM!AS FORMA take your two starting running backs out of playoff game and see how u do against a pretty Swain Defense! And pyrles GO SPIT!

Lord have mercy MA Buzzman put the Natural Ice and Skoal Apple down and read a dictionary. Quit talking about teeangers! Sometimes I wonder if you're doing the all time greatest troll job ever or if you're really that moronic.

Originally posted by buckum11:
Starmount will give West Montgomery all it wants with their offense. West Montgomery is good but I was far from impressed.
Don't know what game you watched, but maybe we will impress you this week.

personally dont think Bears got raw deal....had the #1 seed in conference in hand and fell apart in 3rd and 4th quarters against ES...and who would think Swain would finish 3rd in SMC.......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT