ADVERTISEMENT

WhyThe Lake Norman Love?

mrhonda

Nov 12, 2012
I'd like to ask why does there appear to be so much love for Lake Norman this week. Is it the underdog role? Is it the miracle worker..Josh Ledowski? Is it perception because they beat Hough last week? I'm curious. I didn't notice any of this love for them during the regular season. Is it some people are hoping against hope that Mallard Creek....the big, bad Creek, is upset? This is a serious question. I don't get it. I've thought about this game any way I can and I just don't see a Lake Norman upset at all.

Maybe some North Carolina football fanatics loathe Charlotte because they kick they arses all the time, the Guilford County squads being the lone exceptions.

If directed to me it is because nobody has ever recognized these kids on this board. I have zero, zero association with any kid or the school. Rich lake people don't get on the forum. Only forum they get on is the stock market forum.

Me, Mallard Creek is awesome. If they win tonight, represent the west, I will be pulling for them. But I have seen Ladowski a couple times in action. I seen many talented kids for many years. This kid is more than just a super athlete, he's a leader. He has not received the recognition he deserved for two years. Nobody tooting his horn but a guy 30 miles away in Newton. Never met the kid.

Mallard Creek is a beast. They will be difficult to beat. May the west be represented proudly from the Charlotte Metro area.

This post was edited on 12/6 1:35 AM by Godevilsgo

Good answers. Thanks. I don't have anything at all against Lake Norman and was just curious. No, my question wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Just curious. That's all.

Last night explained your question. A team all year predicted to lose went tot to toe against the mighty Mallard Creek. Good luck to the Mavericks next week.

Last 5 weeks they have beaten Moresville (good and big win) AK (good win) Hough (really good win considering all the love they were getting after beating Indy) and here they were toe to toe with MC at the end. They were an underdog starting in round two, and their toughness got a lot of peoples attention.

@south59 - You're right. I wrote on another board how I discovered the reason why after watching last night's games. Those kids had a lot of heart and played hard, even when they were down big. Congrats to LKN.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT