Why Does Tarboro Just Keeps Winning

Why Does Tarboro Keep Winning

• 2A numbers on their roster @ 60 this year

• Coaching

• Large area to pull the best players from

• Pulling players from outside there district

• All the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
I didn't start this thread for likes. I started it because Tarboro is still a 2A school only in football. Their football numbers have stayed the same even thou their ADMs dropped when the Prep school opened a few years ago. I also believe what their top poster said back in the early 2019 football season that Tarboro pulls from the whole county. He seems to know more about Tarboro than anyone. If the blow East Surry out this year with the team they have then that will confirm my thread. Even if it is as close as Reidsville vs East Surry it confirms they still have their 2A levels in football and no one in 1A will ever beat them. They have as great an advantage as any Charter school ! We will see Saturday. It will be as big a game as any of the 1A thru 4A.

Boohoo. Mount Airy gets players from other schools yearly. Mount Airy is worse than a charter school.

Here is my reply to all this bull, as Ric flair said TO BE THE MAN YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE MAN! ALSO COACH RUFF SAID IT DAILY IF YOU THINK YOU REALLY WANT SOME, COME GET SOME, THE VIKINGS ARE ALWAYS READY! Coach Craddock does not back down from a challenge.

You are funny, Mount Airy had 20 plus less player than Tarboro and 10 or 12 less than East Surry this year. Mount Airy is always in the mid to low 30s and If they ever get a play from another school it may be one and not often. They actually lost one to East Surry that is still playing, but either way, it is always done by the NCHSAA rules. Out of the 5 county schools, Mount Airy and Elkin are the smallest. You just are really dumb when it comes to Mount Airy and just post untrue crap to have something to say because you have no team to be proud of !
They’re right TD, you need to drop it, it only makes you look really stupid.

Reactions: recycled2
All I have been saying is they dropped to 1A but still have their 2A advantage in the number of football players they have. If no one can understand that then it's because they don't want to, but it is a fact.
Lmaooo like I’ve told u before stop whining about it. It’s nothing u can do. Blame the prep school & early college. It’s not Tarboro problem. They just see their schedule, practice & show up on Fridays & play. So stop your bitching!

Reactions: Goatman6
You are funny, Mount Airy had 20 plus less player than Tarboro and 10 or 12 less than East Surry this year. Mount Airy is always in the mid to low 30s and If they ever get a play from another school it may be one and not often. They actually lost one to East Surry that is still playing, but either way, it is always done by the NCHSAA rules. Out of the 5 county schools, Mount Airy and Elkin are the smallest. You just are really dumb when it comes to Mount Airy and just post untrue crap to have something to say because you have no team to be proud of !

I have now pledged my allegiance to Tarboro. You’re an embarrassment to Mount Airy. You should just stop posting.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
Cannot believe this thread is still going. I have seen this point made before but here it goes..JUST ABOUT.EVERY SCHOOL IN THE STATE IS LOSING ADMS TO EC AND CHARTER SCHOOLS!!! MOST OF THOSE KIDS THAT ARE LEAVING TO GO TO EC AND CHARTER IN EVERY COUNTY IN THE STATE (especially with EC) DO NOT PLAY FOOTBALL!!!! TARBORO DOES NOT HAVE AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE!!!! Tarboro is no different than any other school in the state other than they have an elite program with great tradition. Shelby and Reidsville are losing ADMs every year. If they ever drop to 1AA (Reidsville is actually not that far away at 723) I guarantee you they will still have huge numbers playing football.

Just wanted to do my part in beating this dead horse which I am sure will continue.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
Mount Airy has a Charter School also in the city that offers 17 different sports if you count the girls separately or 11 different together with football planed in the near future, Millennium Charter Academy. When they get a football team and the right coach look for Mount Airy and maybe East Surry drop off after it gets well established. It may take a while but say if they get a Kelly Holder then it could go fast. Just speculating, have not heard or predicted anything.
https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/millennium-charter-academy-lions-(mount-airy,nc)/sports.htm
So Mount Airy must have advantage over Schools that don't have a charter in their area if we go by your theory.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
The NECP charter here also admits kids from Edgecombe, Nash, Halifax and more. They had a football team for a year or two. In the upcoming years all traditional schools attendance numbers will show a decline with the effects of the rising numbers of Charters early colleges springing up. Most are already reflecting those numbers.

TD sorry man but your entire argument just went up in smoke. As far as I can tell all charters have the 25 mile rule. So any advantage that say Tarboro has is the exact same for Mt. Airy. You can continue to claim 2a numbers but that isn’t what walks the halls.
I totally agree that charters have built in advantages to that ES, MA, Tarboro, Robbinsville, Mallard Creek, Vance, or any other traditional school has. But can’t pick and choose in your argument. (Can’t believe I’m going here) but what advantage does Robbinsville have to have 48 young men on their roster. I mean they have 350 total enrollment. Maybe Robbinsville just does a better job getting young men to play. (This is a thumbs up to Robbinsville for there continued success at there size).
Maybe I’m wrong here but not sure of any other way to determine ADM than who is in the school. Is the playing field always level, absolutely not. But that is the field we all play on at this time. Maybe, hopefully it will change for the better in the future.

Go Mountaineers

Tarboro’s Championship Numbers from Pre-Season Team Photos
2009 Team Photo 32 players 2a State Champ
2010 Team Photo 31 players 2a State Champ
2011 Team Photo 32 players 2a State Champ
2017 Team Photo 44 players 1aa St. Champ
2018 Team Photo 41 players 1aa St. Champ

So when Tarboro was 2a with adm. around 700 they only had 31-32 players on varsity.
So six years later with adm. around 514-560 they have 41-44 players. That’s the effect of building a winning culture and kids wanting to play and win a Championship. And as our numbers drop we are turning out a higher percentage of the students to play football. Today’s players were in the first grade when they won in 2008. There whole life they have been hearing about winning State Championships and becoming a part of history at Tarboro High School and who wouldn’t want to be a part of that. So try to dismiss the winning with all your theories and we will keep winning no matter weather it’s 1a or 2a, not every year but more than not. ITS CALLED COACHING!!

TD sorry man but your entire argument just went up in smoke. As far as I can tell all charters have the 25 mile rule. So any advantage that say Tarboro has is the exact same for Mt. Airy. You can continue to claim 2a numbers but that isn’t what walks the halls.
I totally agree that charters have built in advantages to that ES, MA, Tarboro, Robbinsville, Mallard Creek, Vance, or any other traditional school has. But can’t pick and choose in your argument. (Can’t believe I’m going here) but what advantage does Robbinsville have to have 48 young men on their roster. I mean they have 350 total enrollment. Maybe Robbinsville just does a better job getting young men to play. (This is a thumbs up to Robbinsville for there continued success at there size).
Maybe I’m wrong here but not sure of any other way to determine ADM than who is in the school. Is the playing field always level, absolutely not. But that is the field we all play on at this time. Maybe, hopefully it will change for the better in the future.

Go Mountaineers
Sorry but you are wrong. Tarboro dropped to 1A keeping their 2A advantage when The Prep school opened in Tarboro around 2013 2014. They lost to 2 schools that went 2A in 2017. They lost to WRH in 2013 James Kenan in 2014 & 2015 and again to WRH in 2016 all eastern playoff games and all 2A football numbers. Then in 2017 they beat Mount Airy 32-07 with 57 players to MA 39 and 2018 They beat an East Surry team 50-10 with 57 players to ES 48. Tarboro's JVs listed in 2017 was 40 & 33 in 2017. Now Millennium Charter Academy started in 2013 and Mount Airy was 1A then and still 1A and their players have always been in the mid 30 as long as I can remember.Millennium Charter Academy only became a K-12 about 3 years ago and I think it stopped at the 8th grade until then and have not really effected Mount Airy's ADMs because they have the 25-mile radius they have I'm thinking 4 to 6 buses that go in all direction. So Mount Airy was not affected hardly at all if any. MAs ADMs have been up and down in a normal way since MCA started. So can you find any advantage MA got from MCA ?
Mount Airy's ADMs From 2003 when MCA started.
2019 -509
2018 - 542
2017 - 524
2016 - 513
2015 - 540
2014 - 533
2013 -580
2012 - 572
2011 - 555
2010 - 516
2009 - 516
2008 - 535
2007 - 588 Gained ADMs
2006 - 614 Gained
2005 - 556 Gained
2004 - 572 Gained
2003 - 549
http://www.mcacademy.com/about-mca/

Tarboro has 55 players on their roster currently on maxpreps and as mentioned 13 were moved up from JV for the playoffs. East Surry has 46 on their roster. Tarboro has a JV roster of 33. East Surry has a JV roster of 38. The pre-season photos has Tarboro with 41 players and ES with 38. You are talking about a cumulative difference of maybe 4-5 players and we have a 244 post thread on Tarboro having an unfair advantage because of numbers????

And to say pre-season photos are unreliable is ridiculous. Most teams lose players as the season progresses due to injuries and quitters. Anyone can pull up from the JVs but you are pulling from the same program and the same numbers. Kids that come out when school starts after pre-season rarely contribute.

You bunch of whiners, you to SN17 . I see you wanted the attention so you started the scores thread at 10:55 Saturday morning. That should be left for the fans of the schools playing,,, Ok, you got it. All gone now....Maybe you and everyone else will be happy now. All deleted but first post.... This is not the 1st or last thread that posts are repeated over and over. Everyone enjoy the game tomorrow night , I will be watching TV.... Good luck to both team, but East Surry bring it home ! I can't enjoy posting on here during the playoffs. Dang, I went from 607 likes to 585 likes deleting posts that had likes on several threads but who cares...Man, I could tell the whole day was Friday the 13th because everything has been 4ell today.... o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Last edited:
You have to remember there is a Todd Gurley hype going on there to I've heard he shows up in offseason to mentor players and such in which in return brings out a lot of players who wouldn't come out for football
And does he bring them from all 3 districts to get more of the best players is a good question which is unfair ?

I had an alternative purpose for this thread and it worked as I hoped.
It made Tarboro think they would win as last year and made east Surry want to prove they could win. Also, total the choices at the top of the page and more thought Tarboro had an advantage. Well, the number was they did but all East Surry's D-1 players were the difference! And SN17 wanted to stop my thread. I know what I was doing in my posts and deleting them when I did. Reverse psychology at it's best..... Thank you SN17 for your post at the right time. I have been doing this to long. LOL

Reactions: ESODcards
I had an alternative purpose for this thread and it worked as I hoped.
It made Tarboro think they would win as last year and made east Surry want to prove they could win. Also, total the choices at the top of the page and more thought Tarboro had an advantage. Well, the number was they did but all East Surry's D-1 players were the difference! And SN17 wanted to stop my thread. I know what I was doing in my posts and deleting them when I did. Reverse psychology at it's best..... Thank you SN17 for your post at the right time. I have been doing this to long. LOL
I kept the Tarboro fans torn up. and East Surry wanting to do just what they did !

Who’s your team bro
Anyone from the NWC that goes the deepest. I pull for Mount Airy but they were sophomore loaded this year with only 8 seniors so after losing in the playoffs I pull for the next best team East Surry, but not best but greatest this year in the NWC but not only were they the next best in 1A but 2 A also after beating Reidsville.

Anyone from the NWC that goes the deepest. I pull for Mount Airy but they were sophomore loaded this year with only 8 seniors so after losing in the playoffs I pull for the next best team East Surry, but not best but greatest this year in the NWC but not only were they the next best in 1A but 2 A also after beating Reidsville.
Sounds like a bandwagon too me but carry on.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
I did what I wanted to do here so this thread is dead because everyone was wrong with their posts and the vote at the top was in favor of all with the Coach a deserving position. But 4 D-1 players pulled out a huge win.

You bunch of whiners, you to SN17 . I see you wanted the attention so you started the scores thread at 10:55 Saturday morning. That should be left for the fans of the schools playing,,, Ok, you got it. All gone now....Maybe you and everyone else will be happy now. All deleted but first post.... This is not the 1st or last thread that posts are repeated over and over. Everyone enjoy the game tomorrow night , I will be watching TV.... Good luck to both team, but East Surry bring it home ! I can't enjoy posting on here during the playoffs. Dang, I went from 607 likes to 585 likes deleting posts that had likes on several threads but who cares...Man, I could tell the whole day was Friday the 13th because everything has been 4ell today.... o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
WOW, I gained and went above those loses on the threads I deleted.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Well, he had no answer for East Surry tonight.
No he didnt that was the worst I have seen Tarboro look Since 2008 Championship game against Newton Conover No adjustments and no clue to Stop the passing game. So proud of the way your guys set a goal and worked and accomplished it reminds me of Tarboro in 2009. Best wishes enjoy it because next season starts monday.....

Reactions: ESODcards
I did what I wanted to do here so this thread is dead because everyone was wrong with their posts and the vote at the top was in favor of all with the Coach a deserving position. But 4 D-1 players pulled out a huge win.
Wait it a entire team to win that game not just Four players ! last time i looked you cant lineup with just four players

Wait it a entire team to win that game not just Four players ! last time i looked you cant lineup with just four players
Not sure what you were saying. It made no sense to me. Maybe we are both sleepy and had a long night. LOL
I would like to apologize for playing with you Tarboro fans on this thread. I had a reason for doing it. I wanted to make Tarboro overconfident and give East Surry extra drive to win making them thing they had no chance against a team with 2A numbers. East Surry has been a team that wanted to prove everyone wrong. Tarboro and fans have nothing to hang their heads down for. I have been posting here many years and East Surry was not my team so I did something I had never tried and I can't say it worked but I thought it was a good idea. Tarboro will be back in the hunt.

TD-Friday, let's set the record straight. A talented team from East Surry won a State Championship today. Period. None of your posts had one thing to do with that. You are simply trying to get a little attention with your posts. It is sad, should not the attention be focused on the players and coaches that actually contributed to that title? Come on man, let it go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT