Why Does Tarboro Just Keeps Winning

Why Does Tarboro Keep Winning

• 2A numbers on their roster @ 60 this year

• Coaching

• Large area to pull the best players from

• Pulling players from outside there district

• All the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't hate Tarboro, just can't figure why everyone is avoiding the questions. Y'all can get on here and brag about how good you are but you are avoiding the questions. So be it, I have heard nothing to change my mind as to why Tarboro blows everyone in the state out the last 3 years.I have given y'all every chance and all I have heard was maybe in September was that Tarboro gets players from all over Edgecombe Co and that came from a regular Tarboro supporter and that is the reason for this thread.
I will provide you with the answer you seek and here they are :
Christian Fountain
Weight Room
Practice
Film Study
Classroom work
Community involvement
Fan base
Resilience
Coaching staff
Youth football programs
The brotherhood of current and former players
Competitive
Nothing to do with numbers these kids buy in and believe

And, so you are saying no other school has all that going for them. I know a very large % of the schools in the west have that going for them. LOL
He is not saying that at all. Seems to simply answering the question that is the subject of this thread.

You sound like a little girl. Cry some more snowflake.

What you’re doing is trying to undermine a program that is currently the standard for 1AA football. I think you are just upset, because In your fragile mind, you can’t rationalize that there are better teams and programs than Mount Airy. You coincidentally enough fail to recognize questionable situations within your own program. And because there are teams producing better teams than Mount Airy, they “must be cheating”. That’s what this has come down to. You are trying to hide your accusations through “it may be legal” speak.

You’re also upset because nobody is taking about Mont Airy. They were very pedestrian this year and look to be for the next couple of years. Just because Mount Airy isn’t on Tarboro’s level doesn’t mean they’re doing something fundamentally wrong.

You have ranted and raved on this board for years. You whine when “you don’t get enough likes” on your post and boast about how many views your threads get. No grown man cares about that. I’d imagine, most people tune into your threads to visualize your revolutionary cry-baby breakdowns.

You are the definition of snowflake. This board would be a lot better off if you just stopped posting here. You’ve lost any little bit of credibility you’ve had left with this thread. Go away.

Reactions: TarVikes
You sound like a little girl. Cry some more snowflake.

What you’re doing is trying to undermine a program that is currently the standard for 1AA football. I think you are just upset, because In your fragile mind, you can’t rationalize that there are better teams and programs than Mount Airy. You coincidentally enough fail to recognize questionable situations within your own program. And because there are teams producing better teams than Mount Airy, they “must be cheating”. That’s what this has come down to. You are trying to hide your accusations through “it may be legal” speak.

You’re also upset because nobody is taking about Mont Airy. They were very pedestrian this year and look to be for the next couple of years. Just because Mount Airy isn’t on Tarboro’s level doesn’t mean they’re doing something fundamentally wrong.

You have ranted and raved on this board for years. You whine when “you don’t get enough likes” on your post and boast about how many views your threads get. No grown man cares about that. I’d imagine, most people tune into your threads to visualize your revolutionary cry-baby breakdowns.

You are the definition of snowflake. This board would be a lot better off if you just stopped posting here. You’ve lost any little bit of credibility you’ve had left with this thread. Go away.
I don’t remember WRH’s dominance at 1A being nearly as contentious as Tarboro’s. The reason is obvious though. Wallace Rose-Hill was a growing school that was moving toward 2A but had yet to be realigned as such. Tarboro’s dominance is occurring in spite of the fact that the enrollment numbers are shrinking. If you scratch below those surface numbers, the culture in Edgecombe County kind of speaks to why all our county schools remain strong in spite of the drop in numbers across the board. There are a lot of guys in Edgecombe County that want to play football. Those kids obviously aren’t going to want to attend a school that doesn’t have football. Tarboro’s dominance is what it is. This numbers question that is posed is something all three county schools have experienced, but because Southwest and North aren’t as successful as the Vikings, the focus is only on Tarboro.

Once again this is what I found looking thou websites yesterday and it is all I have to say. Everyone can make up their own minds because this says it all and all we are doing is repeating the same things in our posts.
So once again here it is and all you keep posting for is to bury the facts. I will only repost it if we can't drop it and let everyone make their own minds up on this advantage is why thy are blowing everyone out going on 3 seasons now.

" Sence 2012 Tarboro has lost ADMs from 672 their 2A level to 1A ADMs down to 514 this year, losing kids to the new charter non-football school starting in the school year 2013-14 but it kept the 2A level in football because the charter school did not offer football ..... So that is their advantage but still good coaching and 2A numbers in football."
giphy.gif

Actually we have 4a numbers in football. Two years ago When we played Mt. Airy Tarboro had the second largest roster of all the State Championship teams playing that year. That comes from winning and a great coaching staff. The turn out is incredible year round for a town this size and I emphasize year round. I wish all 1a schools could rise to that level of commitment Friday nights would be so much more entertaining. Edenton has that same kind of commitment this Friday will be great win or lose!

Actually we have 4a numbers in football. Two years ago When we played Mt. Airy Tarboro had the second largest roster of all the State Championship teams playing that year. That comes from winning and a great coaching staff. The turn out is incredible year round for a town this size and I emphasize year round. I wish all 1a schools could rise to that level of commitment Friday nights would be so much more entertaining. Edenton has that same kind of commitment this Friday will be great win or lose!
So Tarboro's ADM was 514. Between JV and Varsity, there are 79 football players. So 15% of the student population plays football. If you assume that roughly half the students are female, that means roughly 3 out of 10 male students at Tarboro High is a football player.

Last edited:
Who cares what Tarboro’s numbers are! It’s a system not only the players and the coaches buy into but the whole community who supports them

What's being overlooked, or not mentioned, is the parents of these kids. That's the real backbone of any high school program. Without parental support no program will survive long. If the coach at THS is supporting or even teaching Christian values, that's were I'd send my son, even though I'm a kitty cat.

It appears that Tarboro has become the Murphy of the East. Now there can be entire posts dedicated to figuring out how Craddock and Gentry manage to game the system. LOL
Lol, that’s what I was thinking. Usually it’s Robbinsville going after Murphy but they won both games this year so all is well.

As I said, 60 players wear down 45, not saying they don't have great coaching. But no one seems to think having about one 3rd more players on the roaster has anything to do with it. LOL Wake up, what could a team like East Surry or Mitchell do with 15 to 20 more players.
This would almost make sense if they didn't go to 5 consecutive state championships from 2008-2012 as a 2A member with those same 50+ players vs other teams with 50+ players. Sure, their roster now has 2A numbers, but they didn't have 3A numbers as a 2A team. Yet as a 2A team, they won enough to win 3 championships out of 5 straight tries. What's the common factor? The same head coach. The same caliber of athletes. Athletes that just won sprinting championships in track.
If the number of the roster was the real reason, then how can you explain higher class teams losing to lower class teams? More often than not, the higher classes have more players, right?
The answer is coaching and athletes.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
I never watch CNN, MSNBC or any of the Fake News but I am seeing a lot of Fake posts on this thread coming from the Tarboro fans that love their advantage of 2A numbers remaining after they dropped to 1A. You small 1A schools if their numbers keep dropping then soon they will be in small 1A . Then the west will wake up. LOL
Can I ask you a question? With this argument where are you trying to get? You put Tarboro in 2A or 3A and they’ll compete for State Championships, the could compete with 4A schools. So no matter where they are, they are going to compete.

I just don't get why he thinks that something is afoot just because it the large roster. Tarboro is a 1A school with 1A numbers. It's just that a lot of the student body plays football. North Edgecombe has less than 200 students. But if 100 boys decided to join the football team, would the poster think that they're cheating because they have a 4A sized roster? There isn't a limit on the number of players a team can have per class, is it? I'm genuinely asking. If not, then the argument is that Tarboro has a lot of guys in the student body that want to play football. And whats wrong with that?

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Is TD serious.....? Let's make this simple for him. Tarboro has what every head coach strives for to build...its called a program. It doesn't come with the snap of your finger, it doesn't matter if you have 25 players or 50 players, it's just that you have players that play for the whole and not the piece. They have an elite program. 1A-4A. They could care less what classification you put them in. If they have 500 kids they fully expect to beat a team with 2000 kids....that's what a program does...they dont make excuses...what's fair what's unfair....line me up and bring it on is their mentality. Can they be beat? Absolutely! But they wont give it to you....that's what the program wont allow....you better put a team on the field thats hungry and wants it more because winning is addictive in their program!

LOL, they love still have their 2A level of players in 1A where they can blow everyone out. I say it is unfair to frue 1A schools with true 1A numbers. Sure it doesn't matter to them but totally unfair to all the 1A teams that don't still have the 2A numbers they had as 2A. Just keep loving your unfair advantage. Someone compared their situation to Murphy, well Murphy does it with far fewer players than Tarboro.

" Sence 2012 Tarboro has lost ADMs from 672 their 2A level to 1A ADMs down to 514 this year, losing kids to the new charter non-football school starting in the school year 2013-14 but it kept the 2A level in football because the charter school did not offer football ..... So that is their advantage but still good coaching and 2A numbers in football."
So you think that the students that go to the charter school still play football at Tarboro, but aren't counted towards the ADM number?

Cant believe this dude is crying like this. Come on TD you look and sound like the biggest crybaby ever. If Mt.Airy was as good as Tarboro none of this would matter at all. Just stop dude with all the crying and enjoy Mt.Airy. Geesh!

Reactions: sbbbfan
So you think that the students that go to the charter school still play football at Tarboro, but aren't counted towards the ADM number?

That is not what he is saying. Tarboro has 1A enrollment due to losing students to the charter school. No footballers leave so they have the same players they would have if they were 2A.

That is not what he is saying. Tarboro has 1A enrollment due to losing students to the charter school. No footballers leave so they have the same players they would have if they were 2A.
Which is why I can't figure out what his problem is. Is he mad because the football team is deep? Lol. Is that what's not fair?

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
They dropped a classification because the school across the street pulled all Tarboro's college prep students, leaving only football players at Tarboro.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
They dropped a classification because the school across the street pulled all Tarboro's college prep students, leaving only football players at Tarboro.
So all of Edgecombe County's schools aren't what they seem? Cause that school, NorthEast Carolina Prep, has open enrollment. Students from the entire county go there. Still has enough students for small 1A numbers. So few, in fact, that it dropped its sports programs. They were competing in basketball and football at one time.
I don't know what the deal is, but not many students go to that school anymore. It was actually a poor academic performer. A lot of non athletes go to the Early College from all over the county, just the same as most other counties now. So all 3 Edgecombe County Schools are affected equally by both the prep school and the Early College. So whatever this point is, it should be said for every traditional school here. As well as all other schools across the state that have non traditional options.

So all of Edgecombe County's schools aren't what they seem? Cause that school, NorthEast Carolina Prep, has open enrollment. Students from the entire county go there. Still has enough students for small 1A numbers. So few, in fact, that it dropped its sports programs. They were competing in basketball and football at one time.
I don't know what the deal is, but not many students go to that school anymore. It was actually a poor academic performer. A lot of non athletes go to the Early College from all over the county, just the same as most other counties now. So all 3 Edgecombe County Schools are affected equally by both the prep school and the Early College. So whatever this point is, it should be said for every traditional school here. As well as all other schools across the state that have non traditional options.
Don't drag me into this. I was just answering your question, TD isn't saying anything about the other schools in Edgecombe county. He's saying Tarboro dropped enough students to the EC program to drop down a classification without loosing any football players, just like every other school in the state with an EC program.

Lol wasn't dragging you into it. My bad. Just trying to figure out why he thinks Tarboro is unique in this regard.

That school has the best academics of any school in the county, by test score numbers, they leave the public schools way behind.

Best of luck to Tarboro next week. Wish this thread would die out and people give respect where respect is due. They play harder than any team I have ever seen

Reactions: bud33345
This is pretty simple to figure out, yet, there's too many post about this subject. I'll tell you what... put yourself into a 15 year old kids shoes. If you can get on the roster of a team that is about to win 3 championships straight, get a championship ring, and be known as a champion the rest of your life would you do it? That's why there is 60 on the roster!!!! Have that success and any school in the state could have 60 on a roster!

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
That school has the best academics of any school in the county, by test score numbers, they leave the public schools way behind.
If that's the case, then Edgecombe County Public School students are doing worse than I thought, because the proficiency rating for NECP is 27% and 34% in math and language arts respectfully, both well below the state average. Trust me, that school is not all it was promised to be, and people are taking notice. I had my daughter there in the 8th grade, with plans for her to graduate from there. By the 9th grade, she was at the early college and her academics as a senior far surpass anything she could have received at NECP.

ROTFLMAO, Yes if they are 2A or 3A . WOW , low IQs can't see past the tip of their nose. A Tarboro poster said they would be 2A if the NCHSAA would let them, then I say under the circumstances of them still having their 2A numbers when they were 2A I really think the NCHSAA will let them but I think they are eying getting too small 1A because at the rate of non-football students they are losing Small 1A will have to deal with them if they lose around 30 more of their ADM. As I said we can stop this anytime. I will when these posts stop coming. It could be small 1As problem next year or the year after. I have seen schools lose 30 or 40 in 1 year. Think about it small 1A East & West ..... How many times do I have to offer for this to stop ? I'm willing anytime......
You want to start a thread complaining about something, be totally off base, have the explanation given to you, not accept it because you have your own theory, therefore anything else is wrong, then say you wish that thread would end? Stop being wrong about it, and maybe it would. The truth has been given to you, by me, someone who resides 10 miles from Tarboro, by Bud, who is familiar and not far away, and by others. But it can't end there, can it, because you want your word to be the last word, no matter how wrong it is. And what's worse is you try to appear diplomatic by "offering" the end, but you really don't want that, because if you did, you'd just delete the thread. Bottom line is, you're wrong. What happens at Tarboro happens everywhere. Public schools are losing students. Their numbers drop. Those that remain still want to play football. It's always been a large number at Tarboro.

ROTFLMAO, Yes if they are 2A or 3A . WOW , low IQs can't see past the tip of their nose. A Tarboro poster said they would be 2A if the NCHSAA would let them, then I say under the circumstances of them still having their 2A numbers when they were 2A I really think the NCHSAA will let them but I think they are eying getting too small 1A because at the rate of non-football students they are losing Small 1A will have to deal with them if they lose around 30 more of their ADM. As I said we can stop this anytime. I will when these posts stop coming. It could be small 1As problem next year or the year after. I have seen schools lose 30 or 40 in 1 year. Think about it small 1A East & West ..... How many times do I have to offer for this to stop ? I'm willing anytime......
You’re actually ignorant. That’s all I’m gonna say. You should probably stop hating on Tarboro and thinking about this, they’d beat 90% of the teams 1A through 4A in this state, and I honestly agree the could compete in any class you put them in.

They win because they have more athletes and a stable coaching staff and run the same offense they have run for years.They have a tradition of winning and their kids from elementary to high school buy into this winning tradition.

Reactions: btango
You’re actually ignorant. That’s all I’m gonna say. You should probably stop hating on Tarboro and thinking about this, they’d beat 90% of the teams 1A through 4A in this state, and I honestly agree the could compete in any class you put them in.
90%! All classes? Heck that’s astonishing.

Wallace Rose Hill is waiting on them to come play with the big boys

As a WRH alumni and fan I can give my opinion. WRH doesn’t want any part of Tarboro right now. They are easily at least 3 tds better. We have been fortunate enough to beat them the last couple of times but at that time we had some pretty stacked teams. They don’t lose often but I can tell you from experience they are just as humble winning or losing. They are on another level with the way the are playing against some pretty darn good competition, especially their defense. Also it can be pretty intimidating for young kids as a visiting team trying to beat them at their place. You see all the signs with the history of their program and it’s like “wth did we just walk into”. Lol

Reactions: btango and Mhsneer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT