Why Does Tarboro Just Keeps Winning

Why Does Tarboro Keep Winning

• 2A numbers on their roster @ 60 this year

• Coaching

• Large area to pull the best players from

• Pulling players from outside there district

• All the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
But I believe Tarboro was good enough to win last year anyway not sure why they let those individuals play.
Those chargers were dropped from felonies to misdemeanors & it wasn't 3 buddy it was just two. They went through thw whole process & were cleared to play from the state so cheating is a no no lmaooo try again. And yeah Tarboro would've won with or w/o the twins. Oh and FYI the chargers were dropped all together & they're doing so much better. They've learned from their mistake that they made. One of them welcomed a baby not too long ago & he's nothing but the best to his child also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not undefeated for 3 years running and haven't made it passed the 3rd round since 2017. We are not an advantaged school.
I swear Cartman never shuts up, does he? The advantage he speaks of is the ability to put 11 eligible football players on the field that will score more than the other 11 guys against them. The rest of what he said sounds like whining to my ears.

But I believe Tarboro was good enough to win last year anyway.
Beating+the+dead+horse.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s sad a bunch of grown men have to constantly try to undermine the success of a bunch of 18u kids with conspiracy theories and false allegations.

I hope it makes you feel adequate!

Reactions: Sportsnut17
It’s sad a bunch of grown men have to constantly try to undermine the success of a bunch of 18u kids with conspiracy theories and false allegations.

Why don’t all of our programs just work harder to get better??

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
I can’t believe nobody has given the real reason they keep winning.... it’s because they play in the EAST... the EAST is so much weaker then the west! That’s what I have constantly heard for years, so that has to be why the keep winning. Put them in the SMC and they wouldnt win half as much! LOL!!!

I can’t believe nobody has given the real reason they keep winning.... it’s because they play in the EAST... the EAST is so much weaker then the west! That’s what I have constantly heard for years, so that has to be why the keep winning. Put them in the SMC and they wouldnt win half as much! LOL!!!
Well the west needs to start winning some State titles for that to be true. I do think the west is stronger than the East in 1a but not in 1aa.

I agree. TD is just upset Mount Airy will never have a run like Tarboro is right now. I remember back about 10 years ago, MA had a few starters that lived outside of their district, and even one out of state. And one of their best players this year is a North Surry product.

Reactions: btango
Yeah, I would go back 10 years with a lie that can't be verified too if I was a poster that says he has no school. Take your BS elsewhere ! If that were so the schools from outside the district would have reported it to the NCHsAA. Any changes from Mount Airy, North Surry and East Surry are done legally. Last I heard East Surry has a Mount Airy player that transferred legally. Just a lot of jealousy around here of MA & ES. Find you a team to support and maybe you will be happier and stop downing the locals. Mount Airy has done better that any other team around here the last 11 years.
giphy.gif

Yeah, I would go back 10 years with a lie that can't be verified too if I was a poster that says he has no school. Take your BS elsewhere ! If that were so the schools from outside the district would have reported it to the NCHsAA. Any changes from Mount Airy, North Surry and East Surry are done legally. Last I heard East Surry has a Mount Airy player that transferred legally. Just a lot of jealousy around here of MA & ES. Find you a team to support and maybe you will be happier and stop downing the locals. Mount Airy has done better that any other team around here the last 11 years.

If I were a jealous man, the programs I would be jealous of are in no particular order: Murphy, Tarboro, Swain, and Robbinsville.

*checks list*

Yep, no Mount Airy on that list.

No, what you are jealous of is you can't start a thread of your own that gets over 100 views. You ride the back of other threads. LOL
Such a troll. It's cute that you think posting on here makes you somebody worth envying. But seriously, what gets you the views is 7 letters.

Tarboro

Easy Peasy. Ride the jock. It will take you where you want to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: btango and TarVikes
Tarboro might have lost some of their students to the Prep School located in Tarboro. That might have hurt Tarboro , North Edgecombe, and Southwest numbers. And the Prep School Don't field a football team.

So there is a Prep school, North Edgecombe High and an Early college in Tarboro besides Tarboro High and all these schools can legally get students from the county of Edgecombe. What I mean by legally is the 365-day rule or coming there when in middle school or before from some other part of the county to play for a better football school ?.
Why don’t you just call ECPS in the morning and ask what the rules are? It’ll save you a lot of time. Jesus Christ man, we get it - you hate Tarboro and that’s fine. Just save us all a lot of headache quit filling this board with nonsense.

Same way the N. Surry player is at Mt. Airy and the MA player is at E. Surry. If the LEA signs off on transfer there is no 365 rule, I do believe.

I still go back to my original post, it is coaching. It is coaching at every level of football. MS, HS,College, NFL. As I said then, look at some of the storied programs 10 years ago. Some that just jumps out at me is Thomasville, Albemarle, Independence,Asheville HS, WS Carver. I sure there are 20 others that doesn’t come to my mind now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Illuminati704
I don't hate Tarboro, just can't figure why everyone is avoiding the questions. Y'all can get on here and brag about how good you are but you are avoiding the questions. So be it, I have heard nothing to change my mind as to why Tarboro blows everyone in the state out the last 3 years.I have given y'all every chance and all I have heard was maybe in September was that Tarboro gets players from all over Edgecombe Co and that came from a regular Tarboro supporter and that is the reason for this thread.
I’ve already said it 3 times Tarboro does not get players from all of over the county. They get their students from Tarboro and Princeville. All you have to do is google the ECPS district map and you will see.

I don't hate Tarboro, just can't figure why everyone is avoiding the questions. Y'all can get on here and brag about how good you are but you are avoiding the questions. So be it, I have heard nothing to change my mind as to why Tarboro blows everyone in the state out the last 3 years.I have given y'all every chance and all I have heard was maybe in September was that Tarboro gets players from all over Edgecombe Co and that came from a regular Tarboro supporter and that is the reason for this thread.
That poster was me. This will be the third time I have told you that what I said was incorrect. And yet you still keep quoting me. If you really want to know how it works, come on down to Tarboro Friday night and get a look for yourself. I hear its going to be a pretty good game.

One of the last two years a player was interviewed and said he was glad he decided to go to Tarboro to high school. He was districted for another school. Does not make it illegal or him ineligible! It is not unusual in a lot places. It happens. Surry County stand up!

The poster that wrote about the MA team from a decade ago was correct. The MA school district accepted the transfers including out of state student. They paid MA school tax portion and the out of state would have been required to pay the state and county tax unless there was some type of special circumstances.. Met all requirements to be eligible so moving on!

Reactions: Illuminati704
No one has answered the ??? on the Early college.
Not sure what you want to know. Early College students cannot participate in athletics at any Edgecombe County school. Their students are kids who don’t play sports that CHOOSE to go there.

I personally think the loss of non football playing students to the charter school or early college is a factor. If they were in 2A they would be playing to win, like WRH, but not a near definite like they are in 1AA.

Can anyone tell us how many Tarboro district students attend the charter and early college?

Last edited:
A lot of the students that don’t play sports choose to go to the early college or the charter school. I guess they feel it offers them better education opportunities.

Reactions: sbbbfan
MA,NS & ES may get a legal player now and then but they don't have that Record and I would say Coach Holder could go to Tarboro and do the same so it is more than coaching which is a good part of it but that doesn't answer the question as to how any team can blow out everyone going 3 years straight. I am doing nothing wrong here but asking questions, not making accusations so please don't make it look like I am in the wrong to ask what their secret of success is. I have said multiple times they are not doing anything illegal !

I would hope Coach Holder could, I considered him to be one of the best in the state.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Can y'all not read or are you just ignoring it when I say they are doing it legally and not illegally. No, you are trying to make it look as thou I am saying they are doing something illegal. I ask about the early college in Tarboro several times and ignored. I will give it a rest for today . I see more than coaching but legal as the rules are written but I fell they get more than the one player that NS,MA or ES may get some years but not every year. Y'all have at it till I see more. All these questions come from revewing Edgecombe Co schools website. Like did they drop to 1A when the early college started in Tarboro?
No we had the early college when I was in high school and that was 10 years ago. We were 2A then.

Can y'all not read or are you just ignoring it when I say they are doing it legally and not illegally. No, you are trying to make it look as thou I am saying they are doing something illegal. I ask about the early college in Tarboro several times and ignored. I will give it a rest for today . I see more than coaching but legal as the rules are written but I fell they get more than the one player that NS,MA or ES may get some years but not every year. Y'all have at it till I see more. All these questions come from revewing Edgecombe Co schools website. Like did they drop to 1A when the early college started in Tarboro? It takes more that just a great coach to make a team like Tarboro.

No, they are just doing better than everyone else. Someone has to be the standard and they are it. Period. Stop trying to discredit their historic run by implying they may be cheating. You can hide it under the guise of “it may be legal”, but your intentions are clear.

Reactions: TarVikes
Can y'all not read or are you just ignoring it when I say they are doing it legally and not illegally. No, you are trying to make it look as thou I am saying they are doing something illegal. I ask about the early college in Tarboro several times and ignored. I will give it a rest for today . I see more than coaching but legal as the rules are written but I fell they get more than the one player that NS,MA or ES may get some years but not every year. Y'all have at it till I see more. All these questions come from revewing Edgecombe Co schools website. Like did they drop to 1A when the early college started in Tarboro? It takes more that just a great coach to make a team like Tarboro.
OK, I am going to take this as a history lesson on Tarboro. Tarboro has been running the T offense since I was born. We were a 3A school back then and we got our first and only 3A championship in 1984. When Tarboro dropped down to 2A, the new coach had more or less scrapped the T offense and results were mixed. Tarboro did reach the finals in 1999, but lost handily to Shelby. When Coach Craddock took over, the results were still pretty mixed. All the while, Tarboro's middle school and JV program had been running the T. At some point, Craddock decided to go back to the old Tarboro offensive scheme. The results were pretty remarkable. 5 straight 2A championship appearances. The defense during that time was coached by AB Whitley and those kids were pretty unstoppable. That run of state championships brought the pride back to Tarboro football. The school and the community rallied around that team. Pee Wee kids learn the Tarboro system. They pick it back up at middle school, then JV and by Varsity, those guys have been playing together for close to 8 years. Football is year round in the weight room. Skill players participate in olympic sports during the Spring semester. Truth is, this program really needs to be 2A again. There was much more interest when we were able to play our natural rivals.

Your "poll" has coaching, but there's tradition, community and commitment that haven't even been mentioned. I really can't give you any other answers for why Tarboro has won so much, but everyone in Tarboro knew going down to 1A would result in a lot of meaningless games. If there was a way we could get a waiver to play 2A football, I am sure we would have tried. The kids that go to the charter school are obviously not ones that care about athletics or they wouldn't be there. Does that distort the numbers a bit? Yeah, but there's nothing that says we wouldn't be just as dominant moving back up to 2A. Its a program that was built for success at the 2A level and circumstances now have them at 1A.

Last edited:
All this tells me is you know a tremendous amount about Tarboro and it confirms my belief in what you said you knew about Tarboro getting their players from all Edgecombe Co. earlier this season seems like in September. So if y'all can let it rest for the day, I can. But some like to keep stirring the pot ! ! So let us let it rest for today.
Sure on everything but the open enrollment. That’s just not true.

I'm afraid not, look at other threads I start. All your whinny after posting Tarboro pulled from all over the county and my posting this poll to see where it took me is what got the views. There are many others out there that probably question how and why they are undefeated and blow everyone out, going on 3 seasons without a loss. Not only are they blowing out their regular season but all their playoff games. Just trying to find out how no other 1aa school in the state can do what they can. Coaching is a part of it but how does a school with 514 ADM students have 50 of the best players in the state 1AA with 1A North Edgecombe ADM 197 also in the town of Tarboro and 2A SouthWest Edgecombe ADM 814 Pinetops, NC all in Edgecombe County and all 3 finished 1st place in their conference. Seems Tarboro gets all the best players in that town and North Edgecombe gets screwed. Explain how the districts are drawn especially in the town of Tarboro with 2 of the 3 schools in the 3 districts. Just a lot of questions in my mind and should be in everyone when no one can compete. Please explain, I would really like to know where the best successful team keeps going undefeated and blowing everyone out. How many students in the early college ?
High schools Edgecombe Co.
  • Edgecombe Early College High School (Tarboro) (So is the early college keeping Tarboro ADMs down? )
  • North Edgecombe High School (Tarboro)
  • SouthWest Edgecombe High School (Pinetops)
  • Tarboro High School (Tarboro)
I swear u love it that you guys ALWAYS saying Tarboro has to pull players from other schools! Lol I swear I love it! & FYI North Edgecombe is in Leggett fam smh. Go look up NE reall address & not MaxPreps stuff.

The charter school had their first school year in 2013-14 I think. That would put the the first full four year enrolled graduating class in 2016-17.

I expect the combination of the charter in town along with an early college is what has brought Tarboro to 1A numbers although the athletic pool remains 2A. That is a sensible observation.

Well you need to talk to MaxPreps and Several other boards that have them in Tarboro. Look at the Info below. The schools and coaches are the ones that post their info in that section. Seems everyone is hiding something.
North Edgecombe Football Home , It says Tarboro, NC 27886 zip codes the same as Tarboro.
https://www.publicschoolreview.com/north-edgecombe-high-school-profile
Let me explain something to u. It’s a little confusing but that’s how it is. Around our area, there’s several small town w/ a “Tarboro” address. Idk why but is is. For example; Princeville, Midlakes, Mildred, Conetoe, & certain parts of Speed but Tarboro has 0 control of those ares. Several other places around this area does it too. A place called Simpson has a Greenville address & it’s not in Greenville

Well you need to talk to MaxPreps and Several other boards that have them in Tarboro. Look at the Info below. The schools and coaches are the ones that post their info in that section. Seems everyone is hiding something.
North Edgecombe Football Home , It says Tarboro, NC 27886 zip codes the same as Tarboro.
And you can also Google North Edgecombe & you’ll see where it’s at. A small town name Leggett which has a Tarboro address

Cannot use a zip code address to really determine a location. Addresses are based on a nearby town with a post office. Some addresses are physically in one county but the town is in another.

I am going to speak to someone that can hopefully give me some indepth info tomorrow.

A lot of schools have dropped their adm's to a lower classification because of an EC in their district.

I did Google North Edgecombe and it comes up with Tarboro zip code 27886 . Leggett 27886 zip code must be a small section of Tarboro like Toast and Flat Rock are parts of Mount Airy. Tarboro and Leggett have the same zip code like all of Flat Rock & probably 90% of Toast have a zip code of 27030
It’s SEVERAL parts in this area that has a 27886 zip code. Certain parts of Rocky Mount has it also & it’s about 20-25 min away from Tarboro. A train track separates Edgecombe from Nash county in Rocky Mount bro. So that doesn’t matter.

North Edgecombe is only 6.2 miles from Tarboro, so Tarboro can be on one end of Tarboro and N.Edgecombe can be in or just outside the City.
Ok buddy u got it fam. I’m from/live in this area. I’m trying to break it down to u but u don’t want to listen lol so u win!

PS...Tarboro is a town...Not a city

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT